PDA

View Full Version : SCP Auctions Jerry Rice 1994 gamer/Steve Young gamer

solarlottry
12-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Tonight SCP Auctions has both a 1994 Rice and Steve Young jersey ending. Both have team letters which look authentic.

The Rice shirt has a number of very obvious issues including lack of spandex side inserts, incorrect placement of the NFL 75th patch and incorrect front number font. The shirt also has a Wilson tag that is pictured that is inconsistent with game worn jerseys. The team LOA looks legit at first glance but it is extremely difficult to authenticate a letter without actually holding and examining it personally. Another major issue with the item is that I personally know the owner of the Rice jersey worn vs TB, which is photo matched and has a legit team letter.

The Steve Young is at best a preseason shirt. The two games where the 49ers wore their non throwback home uniforms (vs the Raiders and the Eagles) Young's jersey has the Wilson W on the sleeves. The SCP shirt does NOT have a Wilson W on either sleeve.

If anyone has any questions or concerns feel free to email me.

Always buying 49er game worn items.

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

KGoldin
12-07-2013, 07:49 PM
Good information
I contacted scp today with additional information and the rice has been withdrawn

Steeleraddict
12-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Shaking my head. Disheartening.
Hobby takes another hit. As do AH's.
I'm slowly decreasing my acquisitions unless iron iron clad.

CPuente57
12-08-2013, 10:28 AM
I was curious to see what happened with the NBA jerseys with Meigray tagging they had in this auction. None of the jerseys were in the database. Barry was researching it, but they hadn't finished. He deducted they may have been preseason gamers. The jerseys also came with Topps COA's.

Dewey2007
12-08-2013, 03:33 PM
The ones with Meigray tagging went for: McGrady $1,400, Brandon Roy $400, Kevin Love 1,700, and Greg Oden $442. Looks like the Kidd jersey with withdrawn.

I was curious to see what happened with the NBA jerseys with Meigray tagging they had in this auction. None of the jerseys were in the database. Barry was researching it, but they hadn't finished. He deducted they may have been preseason gamers. The jerseys also came with Topps COA's.

BarryMeisel
12-09-2013, 11:22 AM
Hi Everybody,

The Kidd was withdrawn because we could conclude the jersey was worn, based on authentication information received from the team.

Barry