PDA

View Full Version : Thread Regarding "Possible Fraud"

ChrisCavalier
12-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Please note that I deleted the thread previously on the forum regarding "Possible Fraud." Please note that I personally spoke with the person who purchased the jersey and it is my understanding that the buyer has already sent the jersey back to the seller and it should be received on Monday. I also understand there is a tracking number for the jersey through USPS and was sent with a signature required.

At this point, I am not interested in allowing a thread that speculates "possible fraud" when there is no evidence of fraud taking place. If the jersey is not returned as indicated then that would be another matter entirely.

Please note this is a forum designed to educate its members and not to make accusations based on speculation.

As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to email me.

-Chris

Hoshal13
12-07-2013, 07:42 PM
I'm really beginning to not like this forum anymore.

ousooner_85
12-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Money is the root of all evil......and that is evident and proven on all levels in so many ways.

Phil316
12-07-2013, 07:52 PM
I think the problem is no one reads the forums rules.

The classifieds section is the same. No one reads the rules. Everyday you have people posting items for sale over 500.00 or asking to trade items but not posting prices.

RMoody
12-07-2013, 08:20 PM
Seems the thread got a bit personal, but alot of educational stuff in that thread.

Particularly how some exploit the "gift" payments and the washed jersey situation.

I understand things have to be monitored and sometimes people must be kept in "check" but that doesn't mean we shouldn't learn about the repetitive issues in the community.

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
12-07-2013, 08:42 PM

I'm with you on that one...

jbean023
12-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Seems the thread got a bit personal, but alot of educational stuff in that thread.

Particularly how some exploit the "gift" payments and the washed jersey situation.

I understand things have to be monitored and sometimes people must be kept in "check" but that doesn't mean we shouldn't learn about the repetitive issues in the community.

I agree with you about the education of items. Some collectors have got stuck with something that wasn't what they thought or in some cases washed a jersey which to me is altering an item and then tries to sell the jersey with no mention of that. Maybe one or two collectors knew about it and I wish would tell everyone. I was going to purchase the Briggs 12/25/11 jersey you see on Ebay occasionally which was not identified as washed but a Bears collector contacted me telling me the jersey was washed saving me a purchase.

Phil316
12-07-2013, 09:04 PM
You guys are right full disclosure and honesty.

Then let the buyer decide if they want to buy an item.

jbean023
12-07-2013, 09:08 PM
You guys are right full disclosure and honesty.

Then let the buyer decide if they want to buy an item.

Yeah I finally got the buyer to tell me the Briggs was washed after about 5 emails(he ignored the question but would respond to everything else) and telling him that another Bears collector already told me the jersey was washed and sent me a photo of the original jersey.

RMoody
12-07-2013, 09:10 PM
The photo comparisons of the AP gamer really deserve to be place somewhere.

I've bought from anythingdish several times, wouldn't hesitate to do so again. He always been quick to respond, great to communicate with and fast to ship. Not to mention pack stuff very well.

Having said that, the AP gamer really settles bad with me. I don't care about any of the "gossip" chatter either.

What I care about is how that jersey was sold and depicted and what it really is. For everybody who wants to come in and talk about forum rules, I came here to be educated, improve my collecting and learn. This forum is one of the very few outlets that allow that to occur.

It bothers me to see two posts deleted completely over the past week. Things can be edited and people can be spoken too, removal in does very little beneficial.

Some of us should be able to see the true character from those we buy, sell and trade with first hand. It's nice to see now people handle themselves when money isn't on the line for a sale.

jbean023
12-07-2013, 09:14 PM

I've bought from anythingdish several times, wouldn't hesitate to do so again. He always been quick to respond, great to communicate with and fast to ship. Not to mention pack stuff very well.

Having said that, the AP gamer really settles bad with me. I don't care about any of the "gossip" chatter either.

What I care about is how that jersey was sold and depicted and what it really is. For everybody who wants to come in and talk about forum rules, I came here to be educated, improve my collecting and learn. This forum is one of the very few outlets that allow that to occur.

It bothers me to see two posts deleted completely over the past week. Things can be edited and people can be spoken too, removal in does very little beneficial.

Some of us should be able to see the true character from those we buy, sell and trade with first hand. It's nice to see now people handle themselves when money isn't on the line for a sale.

There's an informative thread on the Griffey that he is selling somewhere on GUU to help with your settling ;)

5toolplayer
12-07-2013, 10:10 PM

I missed this. Please send me the details on the AP jersey. Thanks

ChrisCavalier
12-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Okay, for those that don't read the forum rules, here is a portion of one of the rules you should be aware of:

...while this forum is designed to help educate collectors, we will not allow comments that accuse entities in the hobby of participating in any form of criminal wrong-doing. Any posts suggesting criminal wrong-doing should be brought to the attention of the moderators immediately.

Even worse in this instance, there was an accusation of "possible fraud" based on speculation of something that had not even transpired. This kind of stuff will not be allowed here on Game Used Universe. If that is what you are interested in doing and participating in, there are plenty of other sites that will allow it. Further, the personal information of the one accused, including where they live, was posted on the thread. Sorry but that will not be allowed here.

I'm with you on that one...
If you are not happy with the way the forum is administrated, you are free to leave and not use the site anymore. In fact, we will refund the cost of the membership for you….

Oh yeah, I forgot, you are using the site and enjoying the benefits of participating here for free. Guess that makes things even easier if you don't like it here anymore.

-Chris

Phil316
12-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Okay, for those that don't read the forum rules, here is a portion of one of the rules you should be aware of:

...while this forum is designed to help educate collectors, we will not allow comments that accuse entities in the hobby of participating in any form of criminal wrong-doing. Any posts suggesting criminal wrong-doing should be brought to the attention of the moderators immediately.

Even worse in this instance, there was an accusation of "possible fraud" based on speculation of something that had not even transpired. This kind of stuff will not be allowed here on Game Used Universe. If that is what you are interested in doing and participating in, there are plenty of other sites that will allow it. Further, the personal information of the one accused, including where they live, was posted on the thread. Sorry but that will not be allowed here.

If you are not happy with the way the forum is administrated, you are free to leave and not use the site anymore. In fact, we will refund the cost of the membership for you….

Oh yeah, I forgot, you are using the site and enjoying the benefits of participating here for free. Guess that makes things even easier if you don't like it here anymore.

-Chris

Good post Chris. I was hoping you would say something along these lines.

Steeleraddict
12-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Easy with the attitude please fellas

Steeleraddict
12-07-2013, 10:53 PM
And actually I meant fella.
Also, where's the edit?

Phil316
12-07-2013, 11:13 PM
No edit button available on this forum for a reason I am sure.

Phil316
12-07-2013, 11:25 PM
Here is the reason from forum moderator Eric

In the past when anyone could edit, users would make inappropriate statements, then go back and change what they said, and deny what had happened.

Not having an edit function keeps people accountable for their posts AND also hopefully makes people think just a little more before putting something up there.

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
12-07-2013, 11:33 PM
No fraud even transpired??? So what is it called then when someone purchases an item, makes false statements about the item not being authentic, completely lies to Paypal about the authenticity of an item, provides no proof at all, lies about the whole thing because he didnt want or could 't afford the item anymore, files a false claim, and returns the Shirt to the original seller under all of these false pretences...
Mr. Cavalier, with all due respect.... you do not think that the members of this forum should know about instances like this before doing any business with these types of individuals? You wouldn't want to educate and protect your forum members from possible shady transactions or Paypal scams in the future?

Steeleraddict
12-08-2013, 12:19 AM
Phil, the whole point is missed. Then allow editing within a certain time period, even minutes. Or keep the original and also allow the edit feature.
Because there are def statements being deleted in their entirety.
If you just read what visual wrote, he has a legitimate point. I have no dog in this fight but want what is fair, right and progresses this forum for the better.
Otherwise I'm reminded of " one that tolerate(s) no opposition to their hard-line policies". Some may know who this is attributed to.

Phil316
12-08-2013, 12:33 AM
Sounds a lot like Herbert Marcuse quote.

Texans
12-08-2013, 12:35 AM
If I had something this guy want to buy from me, I would like to know how the other transaction went for other members on here. After hearing this I wouldnt want to deal with this guy. That Fitz jersey look good. If you had question about the jersey why not bring it up after you get the jersey. I have no problem with people trying to flip stuff. He tried to make more and when he couldnt return the jersey back. This information people should know about.

ChrisCavalier
12-08-2013, 12:59 AM
A few things:

1) I spoke with the person returning the jersey and he explained the reason he claimed to be returning the jersey and it is not consistent with the accusations posted here. It is not within the scope of this site's administrators to try to act as a jury to try to determine intentions with transactions we are not involved with, especially when they occur outside the forum. As such, speculative posts that claim "possible fraud" will not be allowed on the site.

2) Also as per the forum policies, "The decision to warn or ban a member will depend on the infraction and is solely at the discretion of the Administrator." As such, one of the members has been banned for blatant disregard to the moderators decision and reposting information that was the reason the thread was deleted to begin with. If that person would like to consult his attorney as to whether or not we have the right to ban him from the site, he can feel free. While he is at it, though I am NOT saying it, he can tell his attorney that it is "POSSIBLE" I think he was rude and out of line in addition to violating the forum rules.

3) I am locking this thread. If anyone has any questions at this point they can feel free to email me at chris@gameuseduniverse.com.

4) We do not have an edit button for the reasons stated. There is a "preview" feature you can use when posting to make sure the post is exactly what you intend. However, we will not allow people to post here and then remove it as that would negate the accountability we require on the site. While other sites may do it differently, that is how we choose to do it here.

-Chris