PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Season Ticket Prices - laughable..

tella27
12-10-2013, 10:42 PM
My wife is a big Cubs fan (I personally have better taste being a Cardinals fan) and finally was contacted that her spot came up for season tickets. She went down to the stadium to go over packages and seat options only to see the prices!! Prices per seat for upper upper deck were $1625.12 and bleachers were $3068.80.. Now I understand that this is for a full season but they are horrible - it's not like they are fielding a winning team or even a .500 team. It's such a joke - at least the Astros realize they aren't any good and price their tickets to their team level.

Samets
12-11-2013, 06:58 AM
Sadly, someone will still buy them. One of my buddies is on the list and should be coming up sometime in 2040...

johnsontravis@ymail.com
12-11-2013, 08:45 AM
This is why I just took a nice stadium tour instead! The ticket prices are too high.

But Dont they have the renovations next year? I stopped following it...it will be worth the price when they get that all done...or at least closer.

CubbyBear8
12-11-2013, 09:41 AM
My wife is a big Cubs fan (I personally have better taste being a Cardinals fan) and finally was contacted that her spot came up for season tickets. She went down to the stadium to go over packages and seat options only to see the prices!! Prices per seat for upper upper deck were $1625.12 and bleachers were $3068.80.. Now I understand that this is for a full season but they are horrible - it's not like they are fielding a winning team or even a .500 team. It's such a joke - at least the Astros realize they aren't any good and price their tickets to their team level.

I am actually going in on season tickets, my day is Friday. The prices are what they are. The time to get in is now, because by the time the Cubs are good again, it will be too late to get in on Season tickets. Heck, just the cubs playing .500 baseball again will make them a Hot ticket.
Didn't your wifes rep send you the price sheet? Seems like she got blind sided by prices but they were very up front with us on cost..

tella27
12-11-2013, 02:37 PM
I am actually going in on season tickets, my day is Friday. The prices are what they are. The time to get in is now, because by the time the Cubs are good again, it will be too late to get in on Season tickets. Heck, just the cubs playing .500 baseball again will make them a Hot ticket.
Didn't your wifes rep send you the price sheet? Seems like she got blind sided by prices but they were very up front with us on cost..

She didn't get the price list until she got there. Only thing she got prior was her date and time.

onlyalbert
12-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Sadly, someone will still buy them. One of my buddies is on the list and should be coming up sometime in 2040...

Bout the time they hit the playoffs! ;)

tella27
12-11-2013, 11:12 PM

It only took 7 years for my wife's number to come up.

Samets
12-12-2013, 07:08 AM
It only took 7 years for my wife's number to come up.

I think that this was their initial estimate.

sox83cubs84
12-12-2013, 09:59 PM
It doesn't surprise me. I last had partial season tickets in 1985, and have bought single games since. However, given the high prices, plus the chokingly restrictive rules they now have at the Unfriendly Confines, and add to it their two-pronged marketing plan, which gives indication that they only care about season ticket buyers and the drunks in the bleachers, and I found myself, for the first time since 1963 (when I was 4) not attending even one game at Wrigley Field in 2013. I hung around outside and/or played the roof 3 or 4 times, but never went in. The only thing I'm looking forward to in the near future are the outfield renovations, as they will cause a lot of the Legends In Their Own Minds on the street to actually go out and get real jobs.

Dave Miedema

simmo2332
12-13-2013, 01:04 PM
I'm number 34,022 :rolleyes:

Samets
12-13-2013, 01:13 PM
I believe my friend said he was in the 70,000 range...

godwulf
12-20-2013, 11:49 AM
I love my team, but not sure that - even if I had the free time and energy - I would want to go to 81 home games, or anything approaching that number. I understand that everyone is different, in this respect, and also that there truly IS something special and unique about seeing the action in person...but there's also a lot to be said for being able to watch a game WITHOUT being sqeezed into an uncomfortable seat for three hours between a 350-pounder whose stomach is coming over the armrest at you and a drunk woman laughing hysterically into her cellphone, or having to pay $8 for a lukewarm beer. I usually go to around twenty games a season, and that does me just fine. When something particularly annoying or distracting has kept me from full enjoyment of a game, I'll someteimes wonder why I go as frequently as I do.