Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3arod13
    • Apr 2006

Sellers Ending Auction Early And Selling Outside Of Ebay

I know there have been discussions about this, but it is so frustrating when you're following something you want bad for your collection, and you then see those words you hate to see "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."

So freaking frustrating!!!
    Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~
  • Hoshal13
    • Jun 2013

Re: Sellers Ending Auction Early And Selling Outside Of Ebay

Originally posted by 3arod13
    I know there have been discussions about this, but it is so frustrating when you're following something you want bad for your collection, and you then see those words you hate to see "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."

So freaking frustrating!!!

Josportco liked to do that a lot. As a seller I also hate getting messages asking how much I'd take for an item. Bid on the damn thing if they want it.

Comment

• 3arod13
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Hoshal13
      Josportco liked to do that a lot. As a seller I also hate getting messages asking how much I'd take for an item. Bid on the damn thing if they want it.
      There have been many opinions on this. I'm just blowing off steam right now.
      Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• yankees24
        • Aug 2008

Who was this seller, so we can stay away in the future?

Comment

• 3arod13
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by yankees24
          Prefer to leave it as it. Just frustrating!
          Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• bgold
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by 3arod13
            Prefer to leave it as it. Just frustrating!
            The Arod HR bat? You aren't the only one...

Comment

• 3arod13
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by bgold
              The Arod HR bat? You aren't the only one...
              Bingo!
              Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• yankees506
                • Apr 2010

Seller is a member on here and a great guy tony: d2ray, you should drop him an email I'm pretty sure he has a lot more cool arod stuff.

Comment

• 3arod13
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by yankees506
                  Seller is a member on here and a great guy tony: d2ray, you should drop him an email I'm pretty sure he has a lot more cool arod stuff.
                  Already in contact with him. Thanks!
                  Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• 3arod13
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by yankees506
                    Like many, I don't care for ebay fees either. But it does open up more opportunity to get more exposure for our items and to sell to a larger audience. If not for ebay, I wouldn't sell that much in the Virginia area alone.

I would prefer sellers not use ebay as a tool to get their item out there to a larger audience, with the intent to not let the auction go to its end. And it's unfair to wave the item in front of our drooling faces, then to only pull it out from under us.

With that being said, let me end this. I'm wiping away the tears and moving on!
                    Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• jeffaary
                      • Jan 2009

I'm not a fan of buyers or sellers that conduct back door business on Ebay, and I know from personal experience that we have both on this board. I don't understand why a seller would do that anyway. If you accept an offer, how do you know the item wouldn't have brought more if the auction went to the end? If someone made me a big offer that was as much or more as I was hoping to get for the item, why not set that offer as the reserve price and see if someone else (including the person making the offer) would top it?

Comment

• ousooner_85
                        • Aug 2012

This is something that frustrates me from time to time. Although there was an instance on an item that I said to myself....."self if you can't beat them, join them" I made an offer and the seller accepted.

My motivation for doing this was I knew if a certain eBay member saw the item he would do the same thing or buy it regardless of the price. It was an instance where my only chance of getting what I considered a rare piece in my niche was to make an outside offer.

I assume there could have been the rare instance where the guy I'm talking about didn't see it and bid but that would be the first time, he wins 99% of everything he bids on that I'm watching.

Comment

• Roady
                          • Jun 2012

I don't care what sellers or buyers do. It's the sellers item and he can do what he wants with it. None of my business. It only upsets me when I win it and get a refund because he sells it for more to someone else. That upsets me because I think of it as a handshake and I don't like anyone who will break their word. It's more about principle than it is the item.

If I miss an item because the seller removed it from Ebay I just chalk it up to it wasn't meant to be and move on. When I am dead I doubt if that item that got away will matter much.

Comment

• toddhead
                            • Sep 2006

I would recommend writing the seller and letting him/her know you plan on bidding or asking for a head's up if someone makes an offer that would cause him/her to end the auction early.
                            Always on the lookout for Garin Cecchini game used items especially Greenville Drive and Salem Red Sox jerseys.
                            I accept PM's so shoot me a message.

Comment

• paul457
                              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by yankees24
                              So I'm going to open up a can of worms here... but why would you 'stay away' from someone because they got a serious offer and sold an item instead of waiting the auction out?

As someone who sells on eBay, I can tell you its a complete joke, and I can safely say it's almost not worth the headache. If nothing else I see it as an advertising tool. If someone is ready to pay and meets my magic number, I'll pull an auction every time vs. waiting for it to end. I am not ashamed to admit that.

This hobby is one where people's wants / needs are very unique, and what's hot today is worthless tomorrow (and it can literally happen that fast). If you miss an opportunity to sell something, you may not get another chance to sell it.

As the old saying goes, 'a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush'.
                              WTB -
                              Rob Gronkowski GU / GI jerseys
                              Patriots GU / GI red throwback or silver jerseys
                              Jose Canseco A's GU jersey

Comment

Working...