PDA

View Full Version : Steiner Sports Send Ins Question

tella27
12-11-2013, 08:01 PM
I sent Steiner Sports a Paul Pierce rookie game used jersey and a 2010/2011 KG home game issued jersey to be signed. The original dates were the 19th and 20th of last month. They got pushed back a couple times and KG signed today (12/11) but they still have no date for Pierce. I'm really bummed because Pierce is my favorite player - even still - but now I'm going to be double charged for the return shipping since they would have originally shipped back together. I'm also bummed that Steiner doesn't let you know when signings have been changed and no new date scheduled unless you reach out to them. Now one of my favorite jerseys is just sitting at Steiner to be signed but no one knows when it will be rescheduled. I can pay and have them send it back but to me that's not good business - they advertised a signing, accepted the items from people but now they give you the choice of waiting without a date or even a guess of a date or pay to have it sent back unsigned.. I'm not sure about everyone else but I feel that if someone wants their item back Steiner should pick up the tab on the return since the signing was postponed for an unknown timeframe.

Anyone else had this issue with Steiner?

onlyalbert
12-11-2013, 09:34 PM
I sent Steiner Sports a Paul Pierce rookie game used jersey and a 2010/2011 KG home game issued jersey to be signed. The original dates were the 19th and 20th of last month. They got pushed back a couple times and KG signed today (12/11) but they still have no date for Pierce. I'm really bummed because Pierce is my favorite player - even still - but now I'm going to be double charged for the return shipping since they would have originally shipped back together. I'm also bummed that Steiner doesn't let you know when signings have been changed and no new date scheduled unless you reach out to them. Now one of my favorite jerseys is just sitting at Steiner to be signed but no one knows when it will be rescheduled. I can pay and have them send it back but to me that's not good business - they advertised a signing, accepted the items from people but now they give you the choice of waiting without a date or even a guess of a date or pay to have it sent back unsigned.. I'm not sure about everyone else but I feel that if someone wants their item back Steiner should pick up the tab on the return since the signing was postponed for an unknown timeframe.

Anyone else had this issue with Steiner?

With what they charge for autographs they should be paying the shipping back. Price a Jeter autograph with inscription......but sit down before opening the email.

tella27
12-11-2013, 11:10 PM
When I asked about Jeter signing a cleat the price was $500 and I believe it was almost that much for an inscription.

cfern023
12-12-2013, 04:36 PM
I had a horrible experience with this. One of the signings I participated in, they said one price- was charged another (slightly higher), and the package is being "delivered" with no signature confirmation on it. Luckily, the photo is replaceable but the signature won't be for a while.

Such a disappointment overall. The other item I got signed became a joke experience as well. My sister felt bad, and I felt helpless 1500 miles away.

cfern023
12-12-2013, 11:02 PM
Well, I can say that no one took the package off the doorstep..... but right now I kind of wish they did.

I'm extremely disappointed in the amount of care Steiner took in sending my item back to me.

I had sent in a photo to be signed, and while I took care in putting it in a shipping tube, protecting it with plastic and taking an extra two seconds to roll it up carefully- I can honestly say they did none of that.

The photo looked to have been rolled while traveling over a railroad track, and just hastily thrown in the tube with no protection. Not only that- the "Certificate of Authenticity", a business card, and a post card sized advertisement were all thrown into the tube as well.

Yep, just thrown in- free to slide up and down the photo.

Oh yeah, and the autograph as well.

You can see creases and rips all along the sides of the photo, while there are scratches from the plastic card they called a certificate of authenticity where it made contact with the autograph.

I've called the number on the business card to express my disappointment, and hopefully after the voicemail they will call me back tomorrow (Friday).

Either way, I can safely say I will never send anything to them again that could not be damaged. I'm just grateful I didn't send them anything one of a kind or extremely sentimental.

This is such a disappointment after spending almost $200 to get this signed.

Any ideas on what I should do?

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac23/cfern023/IMG_3669.jpg

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac23/cfern023/IMG_3670.jpg

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac23/cfern023/IMG_3676.jpg

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac23/cfern023/IMG_3678.jpg

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac23/cfern023/IMG_3679.jpg

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac23/cfern023/IMG_3680.jpg

cfern023
12-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Anybody have a working number for steiner send ins? Sorry, on my phone. Can't really look up at work

Rays&Mariners
12-13-2013, 02:01 PM
On their website they give 2 diff numbers...

1 914 307 1000

1-800-759-SCORE

let us know how this works out.

Eric

PwKw13
12-13-2013, 03:17 PM
Anybody have a working number for steiner send ins? Sorry, on my phone. Can't really look up at work

Call 914-365-6790 and speak with Brendan.

mbenga28
12-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Did you originally ship it to them in those flat rigid plastic top loaders? If you frame the photo, you probably won't see the wrinkles along the sides. Anti glare UV covering might make the scratches on the signature not that noticeable either.

cfern023
12-13-2013, 04:24 PM
I sent it in the same tube it looks like , but took an extra couple of seconds to put it in right, and used a white plastic tube bag to put inside the tube.

I've called Brendan twice, and left a voicemail each time.

I called the two nbers- the one that ends in 1000 and SCORE and they both said I can only speak to Brendan about it and to expect a call in 24-48 hours.

They did say he is the only one in the send in department, and he most likely packaged this up himself.

When asked if I don't get a call back today (Friday) would I get one on Saturday they both said not to expect anything until Monday in that case- but he MAY call.

As far as the scratches and the Damaged part, I put it behind a glass to see if it's noticeable but it did nothing. You can still see the scratches across the signature and the creases by the sides. At almost 200 I should have to hope the frame hides the damage.

And as for why it wasn't mailed in a top loader, I couldn't find 12x18 or 16x20 top loaders in Miami on such a short notice. I've mailed items like this and the same way, and never had a problem before.

I think part of what irks me is the fact everything was just thrown into the tube with no attention to detail, and no thought of the consequences.

Who wouldn't think a plastic credit card going up and down in a tube wouldn't damage a picture?

This was a pain to type on my phone- lol.
What do you think I should be doing in this instance.

cfern023
12-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Correction, at $200 I shouldn't have to hope the frame hides the damage.

cfern023
12-15-2013, 11:12 PM
A bit of an update:

I've been contacted by Steiner and have been given the option of
1) Getting the photo framed professionally. My original plans were to frame it with tickets and a baseball card. I'm not sure how this would work out.

2) returning the photo back for a refund -
I will only do this if they pay for the the cost of the photo, shipping and what I paid for getting the digital copy as a one time use. I also told them I would also be shredding it before mailing it to them as I don't want them to profit from it.

They said that not to shred it, that they would donate it to charity. While I've given alot to charity in my short time on this planet- I paid to get it signed for myself- not someone else. I do not feel comfortable with the charity part. I want it to be mine, or no ones.

I'm left to wonder what would have happened with a one of a kind item, or something not easily replaceable. Has anyone had an experience like this with them?

I was told they have never seen a Cert Card do this to a photo before.

pungent
12-16-2013, 07:15 AM
A bit of an update:

1) Getting the photo framed professionally. My original plans were to frame it with tickets and a baseball card. I'm not sure how this would work out.

I will only do this if they pay for the the cost of the photo, shipping and what I paid for getting the digital copy as a one time use. I also told them I would also be shredding it before mailing it to them as I don't want them to profit from it.

They said that not to shred it, that they would donate it to charity. While I've given alot to charity in my short time on this planet- I paid to get it signed for myself- not someone else. I do not feel comfortable with the charity part. I want it to be mine, or no ones.

I'm left to wonder what would have happened with a one of a kind item, or something not easily replaceable. Has anyone had an experience like this with them?

I had one experience with Steiner where they framed an autographed photo, when I received it there was a fingerprint on the inside of the plexiglass right above the signature. So when I looked at the signature from certain angles, I would see the fingerprint.

tella27
12-17-2013, 09:01 PM
A bit of an update:

Sorry to hear about your picture. It seems like having your money refunded might be the best route. I understand everything with wanting the picture signed for your personal collection but if you're not happy with it get your cash back. Why waste it and if they feel good about giving a charity a bad picture its on them.

tella27
12-18-2013, 08:08 PM
UPDATE

Got my KG jersey back and very happy with the signature. Nice bold signature and a good size. Pierce is scheduled to sign tomorrow Thursday so hope it happens. Brendan at Steiner emailed me and took $10 off my Pierce cost. I'm happy that all seems to be moving forward.

worldchamps
12-18-2013, 10:20 PM
Does anyone know the status on the Patrick Ewing signing? When to expect items?