PDA

View Full Version : The Kansas City Royals game used thread

Pages : 1 [2]

sportsnbikes
12-29-2015, 10:11 PM
I had previously posted that I thought I had this bat matched to Game 5 of the ALDS with the game tying and go ahead RBI's. I did find what I believe is the match of that AB based on the shape of the logo. I will be getting the Blu-Ray this week so I should be able to get a clearer image. But I also matched it to the second AB in Game 4 of the ALDS during the comeback rally and game 1 of the ALCS.

The first picture is of the Game 5 match and the second picture is ALCS game 1 match.

Have you ever seen a match based on some grass blades in the tar??? LOL.

rj_lucas
12-29-2015, 10:59 PM
I had previously posted that I thought I had this bat matched to Game 5 of the ALDS with the game tying and go ahead RBI's. I did find what I believe is the match of that AB based on the shape of the logo. I will be getting the Blu-Ray this week so I should be able to get a clearer image. But I also matched it to the second AB in Game 4 of the ALDS during the comeback rally and game 1 of the ALCS.

The first picture is of the Game 5 match and the second picture is ALCS game 1 match.

Have you ever seen a match based on some grass blades in the tar??? LOL.

Even without the Blu-Ray, I'd call that a pretty conclusive match. Very nice.

slab0meat
12-30-2015, 09:10 AM
I posted this recently in the December pickups, but I'll put it here, as well:

2015 Postseason jersey, authenticated to Games 3 & 4 of the ALDS and Game 4 of the ALCS

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5753/23919205915_cdcff3d1dd_z.jpg https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5635/23292437833_29f152409a_z.jpg

metsbats
12-30-2015, 09:24 AM
Ed Hearn Royals game used bats.

metsbats
12-30-2015, 09:36 AM
Guys,

I just added the Hearn post and there was a glitch in the software and all previous photos posted got removed. If you see some of the posts they have 'last edited by metsbats 2:16PM' and the photo(s) attached are now gone. I don't know how this was possible (perhaps there really is a curse of Ed Hearn and he's still haunting the Royals as the worst trade in Royals history and deleted all photos after his was posted).

I'm checking with Doug and Chris to see if the photos can be recovered and will let you know if this is possible. Being in IT I feel it will not be able to be recovered.

If this is the case please send me the photos for each post that got zapped and I will restore the photos to that post. Please just indicate the post number so I can go directly to the post to add the photo(s). In fact since I'm off from work till next Monday please start sending the photos today so I can get ahead start.

Sorry for the inconvenience and messing up the thread.

Here's the list of users whose photos were affected:

MichaelofSF
shirkr
campwest
sportsnbikes
sek122482
yanks12025
rj_lucus
gunnerleighb
museoven
tigerdale
esigs
ksfarmboy
juicyfruit66
ndelvin
guttaperche
kdixon
TBM

David

CampWest
12-30-2015, 11:24 AM
(perhaps there really is a curse of Ed Hearn and he's still haunting the Royals as the worst trade in Royals history and deleted all photos after his was posted).

Anybody else find it curious that MetsBats is the one who blew up the Royals thread??? ON ACCIDENT!?!?

Sour grapes after reading ESPN's improbable postseason article, perhaps?
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14439393/mlb-strange-true-postseason-feats-2015

Don't worry David, minor setback, but we'll rally to come back from this one too. Haa.

:D :p

MichaelofSF
12-30-2015, 01:14 PM
Anybody else find it curious that MetsBats is the one who blew up the Royals thread??? ON ACCIDENT!?!?

Sour grapes after reading ESPN's improbable postseason article, perhaps?
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14439393/mlb-strange-true-postseason-feats-2015

Don't worry David, minor setback, but we'll rally to come back from this one too. Haa.

:D :p

hahaha, I was going to make the same comment but Wes beat me to it. haha
We will figure it out one way or another, don't beat yourself up (or congratulate yourself) about it David.

MichaelofSF
12-30-2015, 01:15 PM
by the way nice Beltran bat!, Hosmer match and Hearn bat. Thanks for sharing guys

godwulf
12-30-2015, 03:27 PM
I'm not a Royals collector, but back when Mel Stottlemyre, Jr. was the Diamondbacks' PC, I got ahold of a white home jersey from his 1990 stint with the big league Royals and got Mel to sign it for me. I don't have a photo, but he signed it in blue Sharpie beneath his nameplate on the back and it looks very cool. This was in 2010, and his comment when he saw it was, "That is a very, very old jersey."

metsbats
12-30-2015, 04:42 PM
Ok I knew someone would suspect sabotage.

All of sportsnbikes photos are restored as while you guys were making wise cracks Jeff was sending me photos;)

Please feel free to send me your photos and i'll restore them too.

Thanks
-David

CampWest
12-31-2015, 10:17 AM
Odds and Ends

A few Royals legend locker name plates and some Billy Butler cleats

metsbats
12-31-2015, 12:30 PM
Guys,

I just added the Hearn post and there was a glitch in the software and all previous photos posted got removed. If you see some of the posts they have 'last edited by metsbats 2:16PM' and the photo(s) attached are now gone. I don't know how this was possible (perhaps there really is a curse of Ed Hearn and he's still haunting the Royals as the worst trade in Royals history and deleted all photos after his was posted).

I'm checking with Doug and Chris to see if the photos can be recovered and will let you know if this is possible. Being in IT I feel it will not be able to be recovered.

If this is the case please send me the photos for each post that got zapped and I will restore the photos to that post. Please just indicate the post number so I can go directly to the post to add the photo(s). In fact since I'm off from work till next Monday please start sending the photos today so I can get ahead start.

Here's the list of users whose photos were affected:

MichaelofSF
shirkr
campwest
sportsnbikes
sek122482
yanks12025
rj_lucus
gunnerleighb
museoven
tigerdale
esigs
ksfarmboy
juicyfruit66
ndelvin
guttaperche
kdixon
TBM

David

Ok Keith and Wes photos are restored.:o

metsbats
01-01-2016, 11:49 AM
Ok Keith and Wes photos are restored.:o

Travis (TBM) photos are restored. I'd rather watch the end of game 5 of this years WS again and again then doing this!

hawkeye8278
01-01-2016, 07:11 PM
Odds and Ends

A few Royals legend locker name plates and some Billy Butler cleats

Camp,

I sent along a PM regarding one of the nameplates.

I hope to hear back.

TBM
01-09-2016, 11:39 PM
Here is my Alcides Escobar 2015 All-Star game used and signed helmet. Escobar would be one of seven Royals at the 2015 All-Star game and one of three starters. At one point the All-Star voting had eight Royals starting along with Mike Trout. Royals would have had four starters but Alex Gordon got injured before the game and was replaced.

Escobar would go 1-2, using this helmet, in his first ever All-Star game start. AL ended up winning the game and thus ensuring home field advantage for the Royals in the 2015 World Series. Escobar would also go on to be named the 2015 ALCS MVP.

sportsnbikes
01-12-2016, 12:15 PM
Nice Alcides lid man.

TBM
01-12-2016, 11:36 PM
Nice Alcides lid man.
Thanks Sportsnbikes it was one of my first GU helmets. I will be posting another one that I think is equally as good if not better.

TBM
01-13-2016, 09:26 PM
Here is my second 2015 All Star game used batting helmet. This one was used by Kansas City Royal Mike Moustakas in his first All-Star game.

Mike was among the top vote getters at third base to start the All-Star game. He led in votes for that position for many weeks but eventually lost out to future 2015 AL MVP Josh Donaldson.

Mike was named as one of the finalists for the last member of the All-Star team. Fans were given four days to vote. Mike came out on top with 19.3 million votes.

Mike had one at bat against Aroldis Chapman in the 9th inning. He struck out on four fast balls that were clocked at 102 mph -103 mph -102 mph -103 mph respectively.

After the All-Star game Mike gave his uniform to his mother and I ended up with his batting helmet.

If you have read many of my posts you may know that not only do I like the items themselves but I love the stories that go with them. This item has a particularly sad story that goes with it. Read it if you want, skip it if you want.

Mikes mother had been sick for two years at this point. He debated not playing in the All-Star game and spending the time off with his mom. His mother told him to go play in the All-Star game and he went.

Below is part of an article that Ken Rosenthal wrote about this.

She would have loved today," Mike said after the Royals' 14-6 victory over the Orioles. "She would have been real excited about it. But she would have liked it more for the fact that we won the game. She always said the team comes first."
From the time Mike was in Little League, Connie Moustakas was a true baseball mom. She would keep score, even squawk at an umpire on occasion. She loved baseball, and loved that Mike -- her only son and the youngest of her four children -- was devoted to the sport.
In early May, Mike got a call from Mike Sr. saying that Connie was not well. He left the Royals and flew home with his wife, Stephanie, and ended up missing three games.
"We stayed in the room with her," Mike said. "My mom has never given up on anything in her life, never quit. Somehow, she ended up turning the corner. A doctor said she wasn't going to make it through the night. She ended up making it through the night.
"She was doing great. She came out, was talking, coherent, answering questions. It was my mom again. She wasn't just laying there. She told me to come back and play baseball because she loves watching me play."
In early July, Mike received a call just like the one he received in May, only this time from his wife. He again went on the bereavement/family medical emergency list.
Again, Connie's fighting spirit prevailed.
"The doctor said she wasn't looking good, then all of a sudden, the next day, she snaps out of it," Mike said.
Mike returned to the Royals after missing four games. The day he rejoined the team, on July 10, he learned that he had won the Final Vote, becoming a first-time All-Star and the Royals' seventh representative in the game.
Connie later enjoyed donning Mike’s All-Star jersey.
"She was wearing it in the hospital," Mike said. "She was walking around, giving orders like she always used to. She was so proud that I was an All-Star."
Less than a month later, she was gone.
Mike said it was an off-day. He was pretty sure it was an off-day. Then again, everything happened so fast, he wasn't completely sure.
Actually, Aug. 9 was a Sunday. The Royals played that day, beat the White Sox, 5-4. Mike and Stephanie went out to dinner afterward. At around 11:30 p.m., they were sitting on their couch, watching a movie, when Mike Sr. called.
"I knew it wasn't good," Mike said. "I picked up. He was crying. I started crying. My wife started crying."
Mike Sr. had been at the hospital with Mike's older sisters, Tina, Alexis and Kim, and other family members. Mike, at Connie's instructions, did not get home to say goodbye. His father had told him that Connie wanted him to "keep going out there, keep playing with the boys, playing the game hard like she always taught me to."

Ken Rosenthal. Sep 13, 2015. Mike Moustakas reflects on mother's passing after career day at plate. Retrieved from http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/mike-moustakas-reflects-on-mother-s-passing-after-career-day-at-plate-091315

MichaelofSF
01-15-2016, 12:11 AM
TBM, really awesome helmets. I think I may have placed a bid or two on those. The Royals leading the all star vote was one of the stories of the first half of what became a championship season!

I don't typically collect position player jerseys for the Royals much anymore, but here is the last one that I picked up:

Mike Sweeney 2006-2007 era game used jersey
The Royals switched from the road vest to sleeves in 2006. Sweendog had the Captain "C" on his jersey from 2003-2007. I believe this could be from 2007 as in the photo of Sweeney in the dugout there is a loose thread on the captain "C" that is also present on the jersey. It's not enough to call it a match, but could be a start to further research. The jersey is a size 50. There is some pilling present on the jersey. Sweeney has signed the rear "Gods Blessings Mike Sweeney 5x AL All Star 2 Tim 4:6-8"

MichaelofSF
01-15-2016, 12:29 AM
Mike Sweeney 2006-2007 era game used jersey
I believe this could be from 2007 as in the photo of Sweeney in the dugout there is a loose thread on the captain "C" that is also present on the jersey. It's not enough to call it a match, but could be a start to further research.

After looking at the photo and the jersey the 4 holes on the front buttons appear to have a similar if not same tilt as the 4 holes on the front buttons on the jersey. This is in addition to the similar loose thread on the captain "C." The captain "C" also appears to have the same slant/inclination at the open end (right side of a C) of the "C" as it is not flat on the top or bottom of the opening.

MichaelofSF
01-15-2016, 04:02 PM
Jermaine Dye 1999 game used bat
From looking at pictures, for most of Dye's Royals tenure he used Rawlings bats for game use. Early on he used Louisville Slugger in games some, then later he can be seen using LVS for BP as well. This Dye bat has ball marks concentrated on the left of the barrel. I am no Dye bat expert as this is my first Jermaine Dye game used bat. Dye started his Royals career in 1997 after being traded from Atlanta and played in KC until he was traded during the 2001 season. In 2000 he made the All Star team and won a Gold Glove. On the knob and top of barrel #24 is written. There is a crack on the handle where a layer of tar is present. In 1999 Dye had a .294/.354/.526 line while belting 27 HR, knocking in 119 RBI and scoring 96 runs.

hawkeye8278
01-24-2016, 03:46 PM
To all those attending the upcoming Royals FanFest...

I'm not lucky enough to be able to live near KC to make the event, but if you guys happen to see any Jason Kendall items (ANYTHING), please feel free to contact me ASAP (I will pay finder's fees!!! : ))

I really wish I could attend this year's fest and I hope you all have a great time!!!

Thanks!!!

hawkeye8278@yahoo.com

esigs
01-28-2016, 07:41 PM
If I may also ask for those attending the fanfest starting tomorrow, I would really appreciate if you could look for Paulo Orlando items (open to any, but particularly helmet/hat/bat and even banners) for me. I'll be happy to provide my phone number for immediate contact if you email me. My email address is below.

Thanks in advance & enjoy your time there!

sportsnbikes
01-29-2016, 10:48 PM
I got lucky once again today and picked up this Cain bat at Fanfest. I've watched tons of footage and games from this postseason. The Old Hickory label had caught my eye when I walked past it. I picked it up thinking it was probably a postseason bat. As I'm standing in line to pay, I matched it to game 4 of the World Series. I also matched it to game 5 and the AB in the top of the 12th. That AB was a bases loaded clearing RBI double. I've been extremely lucky with these bats.

sportsnbikes
01-29-2016, 10:49 PM
I forgot to add that the label was a shiny silver one.

sportsnbikes
01-29-2016, 10:50 PM
If I may also ask for those attending the fanfest starting tomorrow, I would really appreciate if you could look for Paulo Orlando items (open to any, but particularly helmet/hat/bat and even banners) for me. I'll be happy to provide my phone number for immediate contact if you email me. My email address is below.

Thanks in advance & enjoy your time there!

I didn't see any Paulo stuff today. Maybe a jersey. But their pricing was quite expensive. I can look again tomorrow.

XclickX
01-30-2016, 06:19 AM
The Royals wore Monarchs uniforms and hats on May 17th. Are these hats available anywhere? They never hit retail. The hats are navy with a white "KC" and a white button. My email is anthonycollicchio at yahoo.com. If anyone has a one of these, game worn, team issued or whatever please let me know. Thanks!

esigs
01-30-2016, 08:02 AM
I didn't see any Paulo stuff today. Maybe a jersey. But their pricing was quite expensive. I can look again tomorrow.

That would be great if you could please see if anything is available. Thank you!

CampWest
01-31-2016, 12:23 PM
Ben Zobrist joined the Royals just before the 2015 trade deadline and made his first appearance with the World Series championship team on July 30 on a road series. This jersey is photo matched to a couple games later, on August 1, 2015, when Ben went 3-4 with a double and 2 home runs in a 7-6 victory over the Blue Jays. The jersey is also photo matched to August 2nd, when Ben hit an 8th inning 2 run home run following a benches clearing incident against the Blue Jays.

sportsnbikes
01-31-2016, 12:54 PM
Ben Zobrist joined the Royals just before the 2015 trade deadline and made his first appearance with the World Series championship team on July 30 on a road series. This jersey is photo matched to a couple games later, on August 1, 2015, when Ben went 3-4 with a double and 2 home runs in a 7-6 victory over the Blue Jays. The jersey is also photo matched to August 2nd, when Ben hit an 8th inning 2 run home run following a benches clearing incident against the Blue Jays.

Tremendous work man. Quite amazing actually.

CampWest
01-31-2016, 02:18 PM
2015 Mike Moustakas, photo matched to games between 9/16 and 9/19. Mike hit season home run #19 on the 16th and #20 on the 19th.

TBM
02-03-2016, 07:03 PM
At the 2016 Royals Fan Fest I was able to pick up this great hat. I found this Johnny Cueto hat that has very heavy use. This hat must have been Johnny Cueto’s favorite hat while he was with the Royals. I have been able to photo match it to seven different starts. The first start that Johnny made for the Royals was at the end of July in Toronto where he would get a no decision. That had was sold on MLB Auctions along with his skull cap. His jersey was also sold at the same time in another MLB Auction. While going through all the hats at Fan Fest I also found 3 other Johnny Cueto hats witch would fill some of the gaps when this hat was not used. I believe he started 13 games while with the Royals, during the regular season, and used this hat for over half of them.

August 5, 2015 – Loss – 7 IP-5 Hits-2 ER-2 SO-2 BB:
This hat started its run with his second start for the Royals on August 5 against the Tigers in Detroit, where he would get the loss after giving up only 2 Earned Runs.

August 10, 2015 – Win-9 IP-4 Hits-0 ER-8 SO-0 BB:
He would then wear the hat again in his first Royals home game start against the Tigers on August 10. He would throw a 4-0 complete game shutout in that first home start at Kauffman Stadium. He would also be drenched with one of Salvador Perez’s Gatorade cooler soakings while still wearing this hat.

August 15, 2015 – Win-8 IP-8 Hits-1 ER-4 SO-0 BB:
On August 15 he would wear the hat for the third time pitching against the Angels at Kauffman Stadium. He would give up Albert Pujols 31st Home Run of the season.

August 21, 2015 – Loss-6 IP-13 Hits-6 ER-3 SO-0 BB:
This game was in Boston against the Red Sox. He would give up the first Home Run of the season to J. Rutledge.

August 26, 2015 – Loss-5 IP-8 Hits-6 ER-8 SO-1 BB:
At Kauffman Stadium against the Orioles he would give up three Home Runs and take the loss. Home Runs given up to Manny Machado (26), J. Schoop (10), and Chris Davis (35).

September 1st to September 18 Johnny would wear other hats or there is not enough detail in the pictures to say this was the hat he wore.

September 24, 2015 – Win- 7 IP-7 Hits-3 ER-5 SO-2 BB:
Johnny started to wear the hat again at home in Kauffman Stadium against the Mariners. Johnny would lead the Royals to their first AL Central Division title in this game.

September 29, 2015 – Loss-6 IP-8 Hits-3 ER-2 SO-2 BB:
Johnny would wear the hat for the final time in Chicago facing off against the White Sox. He would give up a Home Run to Adam Eaton.

These are the games that I have been able to photo match the hat to. I believe he wore the hat during other games but cannot, at this time, 100% say so. There were not many pictures of Johnny during some of the other games and some of the pictures were not good enough to see much detail in the hat.

All told this hat saw at least seven starts with a total record of:
3 Wins – 4 Losses
48 Innings Pitched
53 Hits
21 Earned Runs
32 Strike Outs
7 Walks
1 Complete game shutout
Gave up 4 Home Runs

I think this was an awesome pick up!!

I tried to make a collage out of all the pictures but some did not come out as detailed as the source pictures, but it is not bad. Not shown in the pictures - this is a Size 8 hat!!

TBM
02-03-2016, 07:05 PM
CampWest, Those are some awesome jerseys!!

TBM
02-03-2016, 07:13 PM
Sportsnbikes,

I still can't believe how lucky you are with those World series bats. That was an incredible find.

Dewey2007
02-03-2016, 09:42 PM
Any KC collectors out there also season ticket holders? I'm looking for a digital ticket (or box office ticket) from the 9/6/15 game vs the White Sox since the team doesn't print hard copy season tickets anymore. If anyone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. I have a jersey and lineup card from this game and would like have a ticket from the game too if possible.

I can be reached at: deweystgermaine AT gmail DOT com

Thanks!

sportsnbikes
02-04-2016, 12:20 PM
Sportsnbikes,

I still can't believe how lucky you are with those World series bats. That was an incredible find.

I don't understand it. I guess it's more so due to watching hours of footage from the World Series and getting lucky in that the authenticators didn't grab the right pieces.

TBM
02-06-2016, 10:29 PM
Here is another hat that I purchased at Royals Fan Fest. I did not think I had any hopes of photo matching this one. Got really lucky that there was a nice close up of this hat.

Game Used Ben Zobrist hat from September 5, 2015, White Sox at Royals. This was an off day for Zobrist as he did not play at all. However I believe that most players do not use a hat for a single game. Ben did play in the game prior to and after this game, both against the White Sox and all three were losses. I could not find a picture that I could positively match to Ben wearing this hat in any other game besides that off day but am fairly certain that he would have. The back of the hat has a good amount of dirt on it that does not show up well in the pictures.

I was able to match this hat to a photo on Getty Images. It has a mark on the bill of the hat that I have highlighted in red and a loose thread between the bill and the hat panels that I have highlighted in yellow. I have also provided a picture of the entire front of the hat that shows both the thread and the mark on the bill.

Hat size is 7 1/4 inches and Ben's number 18 and initials BZ are visible on the inside of the hat.

ferro39
02-08-2016, 12:08 AM
just out of curiosity, what were the prices on jerseys at the fan fest?

TBM
02-08-2016, 10:51 AM
On the first day They started out at around $100 to $300. On the second day I saw them get marked down to $25 to $300. They may have been marked down more after I left. The MLB authentication on them was as team issued but there was some good use on quite a few of them. Highest prices for the core players while the lower prices were for coaches, minor leaguers, and guys no longer with the team. I've seen a ton of them show up on EBay this past week. Hope this helps.

TBM
02-22-2016, 12:38 AM
One of my recent pick ups. Got this Ryan Madson GU jersey from the Royals Authentic's store. It was authenticated as being used in Games 1,2 and 6 of the ALCS. I have also photo-matched it to being used in games 1 and 2 of the ALDS as well as multiple times in the regular season. I have included Photos that I belive are 100% photo-matched. I think there was at least one other regular season game it was used in but I am not 100% sure on. The jersey features a loose hanging thread in the left arm pit that is noticeable when he is pitching. Also the very tip of the line under Royals on the front of the jersey is sewn in to well that it creates a dimple in the jersey that is noticeable when he is standing or pitching. Lastly there is a pulled thread on the back of the jersey right to the left of the number 6. In photos taken from the back side this pulled thread is clearly visible. I'm happy to finally have a Post Season Game Used Jersey in my collection.

TBM
02-25-2016, 12:04 AM
Here is a pair of well used gloves that I got at 2016 Royals Fan Fest. I do not know for sure if they were orginally a pair or not. The wear patterns look different for each glove. I would have assumed that the blue sticky substances on one glove would be on the other and vice a versa.

The left one has a blue tacky or sticky residue on the palm of the glove and possibly a pine tar substance on the inside. It also features armor on the backhand side of the glove. This is what makes me assume that it belonged to a right handed batter as the left hand would face the pitcher and would need the most protection. It also has extra padding on the inside palm (opposite of the thumb).

The right one has mostly (in my opinion) pine tar and some blue residue. On the backhand side of the glove there is a good bit of dirt.
Both gloves have tags on the inside with a MLBP 2014 date.

Neither glove has any numbers, inscriptions or any other identifiable mark that I know of. Even though I have not been able to photomatch them, I have style matched them to some that Omar Infante has worn. I took a shot in the dark buying them with out knowing who may have used them, but I liked the amount of use and the armor on them.

If any has any other info on who may have used these i would appreciate the info.

tigerdale
02-25-2016, 06:48 AM
I know Omar was hit in the hand by a pitch in game 4 of the 2012 world series & it broke his hand, so makes sense he'd want that extra protection now.

metsbats
02-27-2016, 09:10 AM
2015 Mike Moustakas, photo matched to games between 9/16 and 9/19. Mike hit season home run #19 on the 16th and #20 on the 19th.

Wes,

This jersey has the postseason patch but was it used in the post season?

If not the Mets did the same thing.

TBM
02-27-2016, 11:38 AM
The Royals put postseason and World Series patches on all four uniform variations. There are lots of postseason and World Series patched jerseys that never saw game use in PS or WS, but were used all regular season long. The majority of the PS and WS patched jerseys out there are authenticated as team issued but can be photo matched throughout regular season and were not used in PS or WS.

CampWest
02-27-2016, 04:34 PM
Wes,

This jersey has the postseason patch but was it used in the post season?

If not the Mets did the same thing.

I do not believe it was post season used... though I wish it was.. :p
TBM's post covers it... the equipment managers slapped patches on a whole bunch of stuff, just so they had it available in case they ended up needing it.

metsbats
02-27-2016, 05:34 PM
Thanks Guys. Mets did the same thing too.

sox83cubs84
02-28-2016, 11:05 PM
So did the White Sox in 2005 with WS patches. The team only wore home pinstipes and road greys in the sweep...no home vests and no black alternates.

Dave Miedema

TBM
03-01-2016, 01:28 AM
Here is one of my first game used bats I ever got. I purchased it off eBay around 10 or 11 years ago. When I bought it I probably paid more for shipping than the bat itself. It is a Carolina Clubs bat from Carlos Febles. Back in the late 90's and early 2000's he was one half of "Dos Carlos", the other half being Carlos Beltran. Febles had a good rookie year but fizzled out after that. Beltran, on the other hand, has had a great career. I now display this bat right below my GU signed Beltran bat that I picked up a few months ago. Looking up at those two bats brings back some great memories at the ballpark. Dos Carlos together again.

Try as I might I have not been able to locate a style match to this bat. However the taped knob seems to be something he did through his career. The tape on the knob is covered in pine tar. Both the knob and end of the barrel have his #3 hand written on them. There are ball marks on all sides of the barrel. The handle has a nice crack in it.

If anyone has more info that they can add I would be greatfull.

sportsnbikes
03-17-2016, 10:06 PM
This is a jersey that was previously posted in this thread. I purchased it from KDixon. It has been authenticated by Dave Miedema. Paul Splittorff 1983.

sportsnbikes
03-17-2016, 10:07 PM
Sorry I can only post 1 picture at a time from my phone.

Stanley
03-18-2016, 06:48 PM
Great Splittorff Jersey! Spent his entire Major Legue career as a Royal, and I believe has more wins than any other Royals pitcher. Very nice!

Stanley
03-20-2016, 08:12 PM
http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/Shootingthebreeze/2016-03-20_17_38_26_zpsds1lqzhx.png
Game Used 2013

sportsnbikes
03-27-2016, 10:31 PM
http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/Shootingthebreeze/2016-03-20_17_38_26_zpsds1lqzhx.png
Game Used 2013

Dang where did you find that? I rarely see gloves for sale.

sportsnbikes
04-01-2016, 08:10 PM
Welp...I got lucky yet again. Picked up this Alcides game used bat for pretty cheap and photomatched it so far, to games 2 and 4 of the ALDS. What's cool about this bat is the there is a ball mark that I presume was left after the bunt in the picture. The cool part is that you can actually read the end of the letters. It says tseason...the end of postseason.

sportsnbikes
04-04-2016, 09:17 PM
Posted this is the Salvy thread also. MLB Authenticated bat used to hit a single, at least. I haven't spent much time trying to match it but hope to soon.

sportsnbikes
04-04-2016, 09:24 PM
1st Base from the 1st and 2nd innings of the opener. I purchased opening day bases in 2014 and 2015 and they went to the WS both years. So, I wanted to keep the streak going. You can thank me later. Lol.

TBM
04-12-2016, 08:52 PM
Recently picked up this 2015 Alcides Escobar Jersey, thanks to another GUU member. I have photomatched it to two games on June 3 and July 7, 2015. This was the Royals World Series Championship season. Escobar also won his first Gold Glove and made his first start in the 2015 All-Star game. The jersey was patched for the Postseason and is authenticated as a team issued jersey. This will go great with his All-Star GU helmet I have.

slab0meat
04-13-2016, 08:28 PM
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1693/26417309995_af80b90562_z.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1578/26351131851_bd0825436b_z.jpg

sportsnbikes
04-15-2016, 08:42 AM
That's a nice Rios. I like the tar on the shoulder.

gorilla777
04-15-2016, 12:42 PM
'87 George Brett road jersey with original Howser Memorial sleeve patch...

sox83cubs84
04-15-2016, 10:59 PM
'87 George Brett road jersey with original Howser Memorial sleeve patch...

Ben, to me that's as awesome as most of the bats you've posted that I've commented on. 1987 Royals gamers with the original Howser patch intact are real toughies to find.

Dave Miedema

gorilla777
04-16-2016, 09:18 PM
Ben, to me that's as awesome as most of the bats you've posted that I've commented on. 1987 Royals gamers with the original Howser patch intact are real toughies to find.

Dave Miedema

Thank you, Dave

hurricaneditka66
04-20-2016, 02:17 PM
Heritage has a Grienke rookie jersey from the Monarchs game. Looks to be a pretty solid photo match, too.

Probably my favorite style of Monarchs jersey with the huge KC.

http://dyn1.heritagestatic.com/lf?set=path%5B1%2F3%2F9%2F7%2F1%2F13971858%5D%2Csi zedata%5B612x500%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

http://dyn2.heritagestatic.com/lf?set=path%5B1%2F3%2F7%2F0%2F0%2F13700936%5D%2Csi zedata%5B612x500%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D (http://dyn2.heritagestatic.com/lf?set=path%5B1%2F3%2F7%2F0%2F0%2F13700936%5D%2Csi zedata%5B612x500%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D)

TBM
04-27-2016, 10:06 PM
Here is the new hat I just picked up. This is the hat that Omar Infante wore on Opening Day Sunday April 3, 2016 vs the Mets as the starter at second base. The Royals raised the World Series Championship flag and the game was also broadcast on ESPN that night. I am glad that MLB gave permission to the Royals to use these and the gold lettered jerseys during every Friday home game they look so nice.

TBM
05-18-2016, 08:28 PM
Went to my first Royals game this year on May 14 against the Braves. While I was there I picked up this Alcides Escobar GU hat at the Authentic's store. This was the hat that he wore on Opening Nite April 3, 2016 against the Mets. This is also the hat that he was wearing when he received his first Gold Glove award, prior to the game, and was one of three the Royals received that nite. I have included a picture of all three gold gloves in a display in the Royals HOF.

I love these gold thread hats and the golden World Series champs patch on the side of the hat. Really happy MLB let them wear these every Friday home game.

One of the amazing things about the hat is that this was the second opportunity I had in getting this hat. It was on the Royals Auction site at one point. I did not bid on it because i thought it would go way over what I was wanting to pay for it. It only got two bids and was sold for a low price compared to the other hats that were listed. The buyer must have backed out and I was incredibly elated to find it in the Royals Authentic's store and bought it right away. I love second chances.

TBM
06-11-2016, 09:31 PM
I picked up this Jarod Dyson Omaha Storm Chasers Game Used hat. He used this hat during his brief rehab stint with the Royals AAA team at the beginning of the 2016 season. This is one of the new powder blue hats that they came out with this year. The hat does not show much use on it.

sportsnbikes
06-13-2016, 11:35 PM
You sure do love your hats.

coxfan
06-14-2016, 09:02 AM
Speaking of Royals' items, we here in Columbia, SC have been mystified why the Royals were so slow to promote Whit Merrifield, who finally came up May 18 and has been tearing the cover off the ball since. Here with the South Carolina Gamecocks, he set numerous batting records, while playing both RF and 3B with the 2010 National Champion team. He delivered the walkoff 11th-inning single that won the 2010 National Championship for the Gamecocks. It was also the last at-bat at Rosenblatt stadium, in its last College World Series before demolition.

He was the Royals' minor-league Player of Year, I believe, a year or two ago, but the Royals didn't bring him up even for a September cup of coffee. I suspect the problem was that modern scouts look too much at height and weight, and Merrifield was only of average size. He worked on gaining weight during the off-season, so the Royals finally "discovered" his potential.

TBM
06-16-2016, 10:35 PM
You sure do love your hats.

I don't mind hats. They are easy to display. Most importantly they are cheaper than most other items. I can afford cheap, jerseys are expensive, I can't afford expensive. This really goes for Royals jerseys this year. I would love to be able to spend $2500 on a dirty, gnarly Eric Hosmer jersey but I can not. So I settle for a hat instead.

TBM
06-20-2016, 09:35 PM
Coxfan,

You may be mystified but we here in the Omaha area were thankful and loved every minute that Whit was here. As a member of the Storm Chasers he helped lead the team to back to back national championships. He was a fan favorite and we are missing him now but we are very happy he is having the success he is having in KC.

TBM
06-20-2016, 10:58 PM
Time for another hat.

This is another one of those great golden Royals hats. This one was worn by Mike Moustakas on April 22, 2016 when the Orioles visited the K. I did not know it at the time but this would become a very rare item. Moustakas was injured and on the DL early in the season came back and then injured his ACL and was out for the season. He only wore a max of four of these hats in a game for the season and that is assuming that he wore a new one every game. For sure one and two were auctioned off on line so there is a potential that number three and four are the same hat. I will have to see if I can photo-match them. One on opening day vs Mets April 3, 2016. Second was the ring ceremony game vs the Mets on April 5, 2015. Third was Friday April 8, 2016. Fourth was Friday April 22, 2015. That was the last Friday home game he would appear in for the season. He would also hit his sixth home run during the game and receive a Salvy Splash after the game. The hat has a some dirt on the back side, though it is hard to see in the picture.

coxfan
06-21-2016, 09:13 AM
My wife and I attended the national championship game with the Storm Chasers when it was held in Charlotte, NC. Unfortunately, we had to head back to Columbia when a torrential storm interrupted the game. But I seem to recall that Merrifield had at least one productive plate appearance in the game before we left.

TBM
07-19-2016, 08:43 PM
I attended an Omaha Storm Chasers (Royals AAA team) game on July 16, 2016. It was a jersey off their backs auction night. The Storm Chasers wore special Mossy Oak Camouflage jerseys to celebrate country night with proceeds benefiting The National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF).

I walked away with one awesome jersey. I won Royals #1 overall prospect Raul Mondesi's game used jersey. He is also the only person in the history of the MLB to make their first MLB appearance in the World Series.

Raul was suspended 50 games for taking cough syrup loaded with PEDs. At the time he was playing in AA. Shortly after he returned to play he was promoted to AAA. This jersey was from his 6th AAA game. I believe that this is also the very first, and at this point only, Raul Mondesi AAA jersey that has hit the market.

In this game Raul went 1 - 2, including a sac bunt and a walk. He hit his first AAA double (fourth overall AAA hit) and scored one run (his second overall AAA run). He would also strike out for the 10th time.

The jersey has some good dirt on the front but is hard to see because of the camo coloring. The jersey is also unique as far as I see. I know Mossy Oak is supposed to have random patterns on their items but as I look at the pic with the players sitting in the dugout, I see the left sleeve looks very similar if not exactly the same on 6 of the 7 players where the sleeve is visible. The one difference is Mondesi's jersey. Raul also signed his name on the number 7. I think Raul started with the number 37 his first couple games in AAA but need to verify that. His usual number 27 has been manager Brian Poldberg’s number so he has settled for #17 at this time.

The best thing of all was my son was incredibly happy and excited. This made his day.

sportsnbikes
07-21-2016, 08:24 AM
Speaking of Royals' items, we here in Columbia, SC have been mystified why the Royals were so slow to promote Whit Merrifield, who finally came up May 18 and has been tearing the cover off the ball since. Here with the South Carolina Gamecocks, he set numerous batting records, while playing both RF and 3B with the 2010 National Champion team. He delivered the walkoff 11th-inning single that won the 2010 National Championship for the Gamecocks. It was also the last at-bat at Rosenblatt stadium, in its last College World Series before demolition.

He was the Royals' minor-league Player of Year, I believe, a year or two ago, but the Royals didn't bring him up even for a September cup of coffee. I suspect the problem was that modern scouts look too much at height and weight, and Merrifield was only of average size. He worked on gaining weight during the off-season, so the Royals finally "discovered" his potential.

I think it had more to do with them not really having a spot for him. They had Colon and Infante for a platoon at 2nd but then added Zobrist. One could argue that Merrifield could've gotten the call instead of Mondesi Jr for the WS but from what I've heard, they already had a guy like him in Zobrist and they picked Mondesi more for his speed and defense.

TBM
08-12-2016, 08:31 PM
Got my first jersey of the 2016 season and I got the matching hat with it too. This one is one of the Friday home games where the Royals wore the gold jerseys. Raul Mondesi wore this gold jersey and hat on August 5, 2016 in just his 10th MLB game. It was the first time he wore the gold jersey and hat for the Royals. Not only was this the first gold jersey that he had worn but it was confirmed by the Royals Authentic's staff that this is the very first Raul Mondesi jersey that they had been able to get. That means that I have Raul Mondesi's first available AAA and MLB jerseys. The jersey and the hat both have some dirt on them.

Stanley
08-23-2016, 10:56 AM
http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/Shootingthebreeze/20160815_191824_zpsez0jzagz.jpg
A few gloves from players on the 2015 WS team. Always looking or trading for Salvador Perez items. birddogs(at)ec.rr.com

Juicyfruit66
08-23-2016, 11:14 AM
I just sold my game used kc john gibbons jersey to a guy named john gibbons :) not the same guy, I checked.

Brutispowell
08-27-2016, 01:12 AM
Looking to buy any eric hosmer gu items

rj_lucas
08-27-2016, 06:58 PM
Looking to buy any eric hosmer gu items

Hi Brutispowell, tried to message you with a Hosmer item but you have PMs turned off.

TBM
09-06-2016, 09:13 PM
Picked up this George Brett Game Used jersey from his days as hitting coach for the Royals. This one was used on July 14, 2013. It also features some nice pine tar on the right sleeve. George was the hitting coach for two months during 2013. A George Brett GU jersey has been high on my most wanted list. Finally found one I could afford. Maybe next time I can get one from his playing days. Still nice to have a GU jersey from a Hall of Famer.

TBM
09-24-2016, 07:21 PM
Got this great 2016 Royals Gold Raul Mondesi batting helmet. The Royals used the gold lettering and numbers on their Friday home games during the 2016 season due to being 2015 World Series Champions.

Raul is a switch hitter so this helmet only got used when he was batting left handed. This helmet was authenticated as being used on Septeember 2, 2016 vs Tigers. He had three at bats and scored a run. I have it photomatched to also being used during the August 19, 2016 vs Twins. During that game Raul had five at bats but only batted left handed three times using this helmet. Those three at bats included a single.

This helmet was used in Raul Mondesi's 22nd and 33rd career games.

TBM
10-02-2016, 10:44 PM
Picked up this awesome Raul Mondesi bat at the last Royals game I was at for the season. This is the first bat that the Royals Authentics store had from Raul. Of the three I currently know of this one has the most use. This was MLB authenticated to August 3, 2016 as BATTER - RAUL MONDESI, PITCHER - JAKE ODORIZZI, TOP OF 3, GROUND OUT, LOUISVILLE SLUGGER. Raul was called up from AAA Omaha Storm Chasers and played his first regular season game on July 26, 2016. That makes this bat authenticated to his 9th career MLB regular season game. So far I have photo matched it to all three games in the Tampa Bay series. That means this bat was used in his 7th, 8th, and 9th career MLB regular season games. During this time frame he had no hits but did have some sac bunts and fly outs. If you do not know the reason I am making the distinction of this bat being from some of his first regular season games it is because Raul was the first player in the history of the MLB to make his first MLB appearance in a World Series game. That happened in game 3 of the 2015 World Series where he had one at bat that resulted in a strike out.

This bat has been hammered and I am guessing that he used this bat in AAA also. There are so many seam marks on the barrel, paint is chipped away all over the bat, there are also cleat marks and bat rack marks. It looks like he tried to use the bat as an axe because the end of the bat has nearly been flattened from being pounded on the ground. It is an awesome bat from very early in his MLB career. I hope to pick up some more soon so this one does not get lonely.

TBM
10-23-2016, 10:07 PM
Was really lucky to be able to pick this item. I have been wanting one of these for several years and I had a lot of fun researching it. This is an Alex Gordon 2016 Royals game used helmet. Alex is well known for not liking to change out his equipment espically his hats and batting helmets. His 2014 batting helmet was made so famous during the World Series run that it now resides in the Royals Hall of Fame. During my research I found some historic events tied to this helmet that I detailed below.

This was the helmet that Alex used for nearly every single game he played in during the 2016 season. The few games that he did not wear this in were the opening week games against the Mets on April 3 and 5. During these games they wore the gold jerseys. The Royals were also given special permission to wear the gold jerseys on Friday home games. The Royals also wore special jerseys and helmets on May 15, 2016 when they wore KC Monarchs items on Salute to the Negro Leagues day. Also Alex missed 29 games while on the DL from May 22, 2016 to June 24, 2016. In total Alex used this helmet in 116 MLB games and would also bet that he used it in all six of his minor league rehab games too ( four with AA Northwest Arkansas Naturals and two with AAA Omaha Storm Chasers).

Alex will also customize his helmets by taking out the top pad as seen in the pictures below. In speaking with the Royals Authentic's staff he has done this for at least the last four years.

I have photomatched the helmet from April 9, 2016 (the first game the Royals played with out the gold jerseys and fourth game of the season) all the way through the last game of the season on October 2, 2016.
Here are a few highlights/lowlights from the season all while wearing this helmet:

May 6, 2016 KC @ CLE – Alex strikes out for the 1036th time in his career passing Frank White and establishing a new Royals career record for strikeouts. Alex would strikeout 148 times during the season for a career total and Royals record 1148 times.

August 18, 2016 MIN @ KC – Alex hits a Grand Slam off of Tyler Duffy in the bottom of the 4th. It would be the 3rd Grand Slam of his career.

August 24, 2016 KC @ MIA – Alex goes 0 for 3 against Jose Fernandez, including a strikeout. His third atbat of the game in the top of the 6th inning Alex struckout. That was the 210th strikeout of the season for Fernandez setting a Marlins team record for single season strikeouts. #RIPJF16.

Alex hit 17 HRs in the 2016 season (all of them using this helmet). That was the third most HRs of his career.

Alex finished with a .220 BA. His lowest BA since 2010.

His season stats while wearing this helmet (does not include games where he wore the gold or Negro Leagues helmets):

PA – 457, AB – 402, R – 57, H – 91, 2B – 15, 3B – 1, HR – 17, RBI – 37, BB – 47, SO – 133, HBP – 7, SF – 1, GDP – 8, SB – 7.

esigs
10-24-2016, 07:48 PM
Was really lucky to be able to pick this item. I have been wanting one of these for several years and I had a lot of fun researching it. This is an Alex Gordon 2016 Royals game used helmet. Alex is well known for not liking to change out his equipment espically his hats and batting helmets. His 2014 batting helmet was made so famous during the World Series run that it now resides in the Royals Hall of Fame. During my research I found some historic events tied to this helmet that I detailed below.

This was the helmet that Alex used for nearly every single game he played in during the 2016 season. The few games that he did not wear this in were the opening week games against the Mets on April 3 and 5. During these games they wore the gold jerseys. The Royals were also given special permission to wear the gold jerseys on Friday home games. The Royals also wore special jerseys and helmets on May 15, 2016 when they wore KC Monarchs items on Salute to the Negro Leagues day. Also Alex missed 29 games while on the DL from May 22, 2016 to June 24, 2016. In total Alex used this helmet in 116 MLB games and would also bet that he used it in all six of his minor league rehab games too ( four with AA Northwest Arkansas Naturals and two with AAA Omaha Storm Chasers).

Alex will also customize his helmets by taking out the top pad as seen in the pictures below. In speaking with the Royals Authentic's staff he has done this for at least the last four years.

I have photomatched the helmet from April 9, 2016 (the first game the Royals played with out the gold jerseys and fourth game of the season) all the way through the last game of the season on October 2, 2016.
Here are a few highlights/lowlights from the season all while wearing this helmet:

May 6, 2016 KC @ CLE – Alex strikes out for the 1036th time in his career passing Frank White and establishing a new Royals career record for strikeouts. Alex would strikeout 148 times during the season for a career total and Royals record 1148 times.

August 18, 2016 MIN @ KC – Alex hits a Grand Slam off of Tyler Duffy in the bottom of the 4th. It would be the 3rd Grand Slam of his career.

August 24, 2016 KC @ MIA – Alex goes 0 for 3 against Jose Fernandez, including a strikeout. His third atbat of the game in the top of the 6th inning Alex struckout. That was the 210th strikeout of the season for Fernandez setting a Marlins team record for single season strikeouts. #RIPJF16.

Alex hit 17 HRs in the 2016 season (all of them using this helmet). That was the third most HRs of his career.

Alex finished with a .220 BA. His lowest BA since 2010.

His season stats while wearing this helmet (does not include games where he wore the gold or Negro Leagues helmets):

PA – 457, AB – 402, R – 57, H – 91, 2B – 15, 3B – 1, HR – 17, RBI – 37, BB – 47, SO – 133, HBP – 7, SF – 1, GDP – 8, SB – 7.

That's awesome! Love the amount of use shown! These days it's becoming the exception to see equipment/uniforms with that much use/wear. Congrats, Travis!

Oriolesfan29
10-27-2016, 07:35 PM
Last weekend I acquired this bat used by Hunter Dozier to record his 2nd career hit and 1st career RBI in the 5th inning on the 9/17/16 game against the White Sox. It was authenticated after he broke the bat in the seventh inning of the game. I have included an ap image from that hit and pictures of the bat. You can see the blue marking on the M marucci logo of the bat in the pictures and the dirt spots on top of the Hunter Dozier nameplate. Great exciting find of what I think will be a great up and coming player. It's hard to get anything this early from any player.

Oriolesfan29
10-27-2016, 07:35 PM
Ap Image

Oriolesfan29
10-27-2016, 07:38 PM
Ap Image Zoomed

Oriolesfan29
10-27-2016, 07:39 PM
Image One

Oriolesfan29
10-27-2016, 07:39 PM
Image Two

Oriolesfan29
10-27-2016, 07:40 PM
Image 3

TBM
10-27-2016, 10:44 PM
Oriolesfan29 that's a great looking Dozier bat. Congrats on the pick up, what a great find. Let's hope he has. Great MLB career. Thanks for sharing.

Shipp_96
10-28-2016, 09:21 AM
Picked up this awesome Raul Mondesi bat at the last Royals game I was at for the season. This is the first bat that the Royals Authentics store had from Raul. Of the three I currently know of this one has the most use. This was MLB authenticated to August 3, 2016 as BATTER - RAUL MONDESI, PITCHER - JAKE ODORIZZI, TOP OF 3, GROUND OUT, LOUISVILLE SLUGGER. Raul was called up from AAA Omaha Storm Chasers and played his first regular season game on July 26, 2016. That makes this bat authenticated to his 9th career MLB regular season game. So far I have photo matched it to all three games in the Tampa Bay series. That means this bat was used in his 7th, 8th, and 9th career MLB regular season games. During this time frame he had no hits but did have some sac bunts and fly outs. If you do not know the reason I am making the distinction of this bat being from some of his first regular season games it is because Raul was the first player in the history of the MLB to make his first MLB appearance in a World Series game. That happened in game 3 of the 2015 World Series where he had one at bat that resulted in a strike out.

This bat has been hammered and I am guessing that he used this bat in AAA also. There are so many seam marks on the barrel, paint is chipped away all over the bat, there are also cleat marks and bat rack marks. It looks like he tried to use the bat as an axe because the end of the bat has nearly been flattened from being pounded on the ground. It is an awesome bat from very early in his MLB career. I hope to pick up some more soon so this one does not get lonely.

TBM your player collection for Raul is awesome! I love the AAA jersey, especially the expression on your son's face! Priceless. Those Gold Champions unis are really sharp too, especially the batting helmet. Great stuff!

TBM
10-28-2016, 10:13 AM
Shipp_96, thanks for the kind words. It really has been a pleasure for me to get these great items of Raul's. I did not intend on collecting him specifically, it just kind of happened out of happenstance. I went to an Omaha Storm Chasers game (Royals AAA team) for the sole purpose of getting a game used jersey from a jersey off their backs auction of Balbino Fuenmayor because I also have his GU 2015 Futures game hat I wanted to get signed. I lost the bid on the Fuenmayor jersey as well as a couple others but ended up winning Mondesi's. My kid was so excited to go down to the field to meet him, get his jersey and get it signed. That started a love affair with Mondesi. That is all he talked about for the next couple weeks so I tried to feed that excitement and started buying Mondesi items. Now my boy has two favorite players #1 Alex Gordon, #2 Raul Mondesi. Every time I get something new in the mail he asks me "is that a Mondesi?" as his eyes get all big and excited.

I've got some more great Mondesi items that I need to get posted so stay tuned.

Shipp_96
10-29-2016, 07:35 PM
Shipp_96, thanks for the kind words. It really has been a pleasure for me to get these great items of Raul's. I did not intend on collecting him specifically, it just kind of happened out of happenstance. I went to an Omaha Storm Chasers game (Royals AAA team) for the sole purpose of getting a game used jersey from a jersey off their backs auction of Balbino Fuenmayor because I also have his GU 2015 Futures game hat I wanted to get signed. I lost the bid on the Fuenmayor jersey as well as a couple others but ended up winning Mondesi's. My kid was so excited to go down to the field to meet him, get his jersey and get it signed. That started a love affair with Mondesi. That is all he talked about for the next couple weeks so I tried to feed that excitement and started buying Mondesi items. Now my boy has two favorite players #1 Alex Gordon, #2 Raul Mondesi. Every time I get something new in the mail he asks me "is that a Mondesi?" as his eyes get all big and excited.

I've got some more great Mondesi items that I need to get posted so stay tuned.

LOL, that is awesome! Good to get your boy involved early like that. Great story. Looking forward to seeing the new items as well.

TBM
10-29-2016, 10:26 PM
The Royals #1 prospect Raul Mondesi was the first player in MLB history to make his MLB debut in the World Series. That was Game 3 of the 2015 World Series on October 30, 2015. He Struck out against Noah Syndergaard in his one at bat.

Then he became the first player in MLB history to make his regular season debut after having made is MLB debut in the World Series. July 26, 2016 Raul Mondesi was called up to and started for the Royals vs Angels playing second base. This is the ball from his first regular season at bat. Tyler Skaggs threw this ball for two pitches to Mondesi in the bottom of the third inning. A 91.3 MPH four seam fastball for a called strike. The second pitch was an 85.8 MPH Changeup that Mondesi hit to Angels Center Fielder Mike Trout.

This baseball is the first and only ball in the 113 years since the first World Series games that has the distinction of being pitched in the first career at bat of a player to make his MLB debut in the World Series. A truly historic first baseball.

TBM
11-05-2016, 10:55 PM
Here is my second Raul Mondesi bat. It is authenticated to KC AT BOS on August 28, 2016. Raul faced Eduardo Rodriguez in a 6 pitch battle that ended with a 95.5 MPH four-seam fastball being hit to SS Xander Bogaerts who was able to through him out at first base. The bat met its match on that pitch and nearly snapped in half. That is not the exciting part of this bats life though.

On August 24, 2016 the Royals were in Miami playing against the Marlins. Jose Fernandez was pitching that night. Raul went 1-3 against Jose. I have photo matched this bat to all three of those at bats. In his very first at bat against Jose he hit the first pitch he saw, a 94.8 MPH fastball, to CF Marcell Ozuna for a single. That would be his first and only hit off of Jose Fernandez and is his 14th career hit. In his next at bat against Jose he would pop out on a 95.2 MPH four-seam fastball to 3B Martin Prado. His final at bat against Jose Fernandez he strikes out swinging at an 85.4 MPH curveball in a four pitch at bat. That strike out would be Jose's 211th of the season adding on to the Marlins single season strike out record he established an inning earlier by striking out Alex Gordon. #RIPJF16.

TBM
11-05-2016, 11:43 PM
That would be his first and only hit off of Jose Fernandez and is his 14th career hit.

Made a typing mistake, it was his 16th career hit.

TBM
11-15-2016, 09:52 PM
A few days prior to Halloween the Omaha Storm Chasers (Royals AAA team) put on a Baseballoween event where families can come do trick-or-treating in a safe environment while at the baseball stadium. This year they also had a charity fundraiser going on in the form of a game used Jersey auction. So I got to do some trick-or-treating too and I ended up winning the Raul Mondesi jersey. Raul only played 14 AAA games for the Storm Chasers in 2016 and only 8 of them were home games. I have been fortunate enough to photo-match this jersey to his first AAA home game on July 14, 2016. He did play in four other road games prior to this one. If you look closely at the right side of the 5th Anniversary Werner Stadium patch you can see a black thread that has been stitched into the jersey. Out of his 8 home games I have two of his jerseys. It was a jersey off their backs auction for a special camo jersey. You can see it a few posts prior to this. Another fantastic photo match I made was that the bat he is used in this game is the first bat of his that I obtained. That bat was authenticated to August 3, 2016 as BATTER - RAUL MONDESI, PITCHER - JAKE ODORIZZI, TOP OF 3, GROUND OUT, I was also able to photo-match the bat to three MLB games (see post #332). Before that happened he also used that bat in his first AAA home game while wearing this jersey.

I also picked up a handful of awesome hats that Ill be posting soon.

TBM
11-19-2016, 11:23 PM
Was lucky enough to pick up these non-authenticated Alex Gordon Game Used cleats from the Royals Authentic's Store. When I got them I thought they were from the 2016 season even thought I had them style matched. When I got them in hand I found out I was wrong. I actually have them style matched to a handful games in April of 2015 including one game that he made two spectacular defensive plays with one of them being one of the top plays of 2015.

The Royals played the White sox on April 26, 2015 at U.S. Cellular Field. In the bottom of the 4th inning Gordon caught an Avisail Garcia line drive and then doubled up Melky Cabrera off second base.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v90228383

But the best one came in the bottom of the sixth inning when Gordon leaped into the stands to catch a Micah Johnson foul ball. He knocked down a couple of White Sox fans and ended up on his head with his feet to the sky but he caught the ball.

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/11493214/v90340983/?query=gordon%2Bleaps%2Binto%2Bstands

This was a top play of the season. I just wish I could photo-match the cleats to this game. I only found this style being used for a hand full of April 2015 games and have not been able to photo-match to any of them but the cleats have some good use on them.

Oh yea, Gordo also smashed a two run home run although in the end the Royals ended up loosing.

TBM
11-29-2016, 08:56 PM
Alright here we go back to a few hats:

Picked up these hats at the Storm Chasers Baseballoween this year. Some great Trick-or-treating for me.

First one:
Picked up this Raul Mondesi hat from the Omaha Storm Chasers (Royals AAA Team). I believe this hat to be the only one he had with the Vortex emblem on it. They primarily wore this style hat with home white jerseys in games during 2016. Raul played 14 games with the Storm Chasers with only 8 of them at home. The main reason I believe this to be the only one he had was because that's what he told us when my son and I inquired about getting his hat when we won the Jersey off his back auction referenced a few posts back. He told us he only had one. This hat also shows the most use out of the ones I got. This makes the second jersey/hat combo I have of his. One from AAA and one from MLB.

Second one:
This is the hat Raul wore with the regular road greys and features the lightning bolt "O". Raul played 7 road games with the Storm Chasers in 2016. I know they wore the road alternate jerseys at least once during that time and he would have had a different hat for that game. This one featured an awesome inscription in the hat. The first game (maybe first two games) he wore number 37. You can see the number 3 crossed out and and number 1 written over it. He wears #27 with the Royals but the Storm Chasers manager wears #27 so he tried a couple different ones at AAA. All the rest of the games he wore #17.

Still got a couple more hats to post. So hang in there.

TBM
11-29-2016, 11:38 PM
Here is the last Raul Mondesi hat I got while trick-or-treating at the Storm Chasers Baseballoween event. This hat was the alternate road jersey hat during the 2016 season. It's a powder blue hat with a black lightning "O" and black bill.

Second hat is a Hunter Dozier alternate home hat. The hat is powder blue with the letters "SC" in white and has red baseball stitches in the letters. The inside back of the sweat band and size tag area has been cut out. This was common with these hats for many members of the team. The hat shows lots of use. Of the Dozier hats I saw this one showed the most wear and had a good amount of dirt on it. Dozier had a great year in the minors in 2016 and earned a September callup with the Royals.

TBM
11-29-2016, 11:52 PM
Last hat from my trick-or-treating at Baseballoween is this Alex Gordon Storm Chasers hat. Alex played in two games with the Storm Chasers on a rehab assignment. He played left field the first game and DH the second. I took my son to the second one which was Super Hero night and a jersey off their backs auction, unfortunately I did not win a jersey this night. Anyways, this is the style hats the Storm Chasers wore during batting practice in 2016. I am not 100% sure he ever wore it as there is no signs of wear but the price was right. He would have worn this hat for just a couple hours at most between the two games if he did wear it for BP. So it should not have much for signs of wear in the first place. The hat is a darker blue with the letters "SC" and red baseball stitches in the letters.

Stanley
12-12-2016, 04:10 PM
http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/Shootingthebreeze/20161025_134256_zpsasbzlvgl.jpg
1985 Steve Balboni Jersey... Year he set the Royals record with 36 homers in a season which still stands today. Also World Series winning year, that I believe they wore there regular season jerseys in? Anyway, pretty cool...

TBM
12-29-2016, 07:10 PM
Here is another helmet from the Royals 2016 season. This helmet helped to make history. Raul Mondesi was the first player in MLB history to make his debut in the World Series. He wore this right handed batting helmet during his first regular season at bat, becoming the first player to have his first regular season at bat after a post season MLB debut. As a side note I also have the ball he hit during this at bat. The helmet was also used the rest of the season when he batted right handed.

I was able to photomatch the numbers on the back of the helmet.

Also as note Raul is a switch hitter and during this game he used both this helmet and his left handed batting helmet during the game. His last at bat was from the left side of the plate.

TBM
12-30-2016, 12:20 AM
Here Raul Mondesi's left handed batting helmet. This is the helmet that he used the most during the season and it shows the wear. He was wearing this helmet for his first MLB hit on July 27, 2016 which was also his 21st birthday, Also making him one of the few players to get their first MLB hit on their birthday. Wearing this helmet he also hit his 1st MLB homerun on August 16, 2016 and his second on September 25, 2016 both against the Tigers in Detroit. His first homerun was against 2016 CY award runner up Justin Verlander. It was the second time in 2016 that Verlander gave up a Royals rookie first MLB homerun. The first was to Brett Eibner.

Mondesi's helmets have a habit of falling off his head while he is running. That is evident by all the dirt that is on the inside of this helmet. He also has a habit of touching his helmets/hats where the brim and the rest of the helmet/hat meet quite a bit. He will use both right and left hands to nearly molest that spot. All the hats and helmets I have of his have this trait. Dirt/wear at those spots. You can see it clearly on the first picture of the front of the helmet. I see this as a usage trait of his and would be cautious of any hat or helmet of his that does not display this trait.

I have photomatched this helmet to his first hit as well as his first and second HR's.

TBM
01-21-2017, 08:56 PM
Raul Mondesi alternate blue jersey. Used on September 11,2016 in Chicago against the White Sox. Got his 21st career hit in the top of the 9th inning against Nate Jones.

TBM
01-22-2017, 07:05 PM
Today is a sad day for Royals Nation. Yordano Ventura was killed in a car accident at 25. The only thing I have in my collection at this time is a ball he pitched to Mike Trout on August, 26 2015. It was a 99 MPH fastball that Mike hit for a fly out to right field. I'm posting this today to honor his memory. I enjoyed watching him pitch. I enjoyed his enthusiasm. I enjoyed his fearlessness. I will miss not seeing him pitch again. One of the last games I went to in 2016 was a game he pitched against the Blue Jays in August. I loved watching him duel against reigning MVP Josh Donaldson, Jose Batista, and the rest of the team. The Royals won that game. Also pictured is my Yordano Ventura autographed ball. Thanks for the memories, you will be missed. #RIPACE

hawkeye8278
01-23-2017, 08:17 AM
Hello all,

Will any GUU members be attending this weekend's Royals FanFest?

Being from Pittsburgh, I'm unfortunately unable to attend.

Please contact me as I am looking for any Jason Kendall items that might be available for sale. I'm willing to pay finders fees! : )

Any assistance would be tremendously appreciated!

hawkeye8278 @ yahoo.com

TBM
01-23-2017, 09:36 AM
I will be attending Fanfest and will keep an eye out for Jason Kendall items.

hawkeye8278
01-23-2017, 10:12 AM
Thanks TBM!!!

This forum is the best!!!

sportsnbikes
01-30-2017, 09:27 PM
They had a ton of Jason Kendall signed jerseys. None game used that I saw.

TBM
01-31-2017, 09:21 PM
Had a great weekend at the Royals Fan Fest. Came home with a few items that I will be posting soon. Here is the first one. Long story short I got these gloves thinking they were Salvador Perez gloves but forgot that his gloves have an embroidered SP13 near the wrist but while looking at pictures of Salvy I found him slapping hands with Cheslor Cuthbert who was wearing this style so I started looking at him. In the first few pictures I was able to photomatch these gloves to the final game of the season on October 2, 2016 vs the Indians. The match was to his 12 homerun of the year and 13th of his career hit off of Josh Tomlin.

sportsnbikes
02-02-2017, 10:11 PM
Well thanks to legendary Kansas City Royals Game Used Jersey Collector Leigh, I was able to pick up this inaugural year 1969 Kansas City Royals Away Jersey. I have been looking for 3 years for one of these. This jersey is the most awesome jersey. It is beautiful and I love it. The jersey is all original except for the 100 year anniversary patch. However, the patch that was added is an original patch. Thank you Leigh!! This rare item is highly treasured.

sportsnbikes
02-02-2017, 11:17 PM
Also picked this up earlier in the year. It's a Hosmer Friday Night Home Jersey.

TBM
02-03-2017, 10:05 AM
Sportsnbikes those are two awesome jerseys. I have never see one of the 1969 jerseys outside of game pictures. Truly a rare Royals artifact. Gratz on the pick up. Nice Hosmer Jersey too. The best ones are the ones with dirt on them like that.

sportsnbikes
02-03-2017, 06:24 PM
Sportsnbikes those are two awesome jerseys. I have never see one of the 1969 jerseys outside of game pictures. Truly a rare Royals artifact. Gratz on the pick up. Nice Hosmer Jersey too. The best ones are the ones with dirt on them like that.

Thanks man. I probably wouldn't buy any new jersey unless it had some dirt on it.

sportsnbikes
02-08-2017, 01:56 AM
Today is a sad day for Royals Nation. Yordano Ventura was killed in a car accident at 25. The only thing I have in my collection at this time is a ball he pitched to Mike Trout on August, 26 2015. It was a 99 MPH fastball that Mike hit for a fly out to right field. I'm posting this today to honor his memory. I enjoyed watching him pitch. I enjoyed his enthusiasm. I enjoyed his fearlessness. I will miss not seeing him pitch again. One of the last games I went to in 2016 was a game he pitched against the Blue Jays in August. I loved watching him duel against reigning MVP Josh Donaldson, Jose Batista, and the rest of the team. The Royals won that game. Also pictured is my Yordano Ventura autographed ball. Thanks for the memories, you will be missed. #RIPACE

I grabbed this Strikeout ball.

TBM
03-12-2017, 09:14 PM
2016 Raul Mondesi Omaha Storm Chasers hat. This type of hat would have been used in BP. The original number was 37 but was written over with a 17. Mondesi wore 37 for the first game or two then he changed to 17. He only played 14 AAA games prior to being called up to the Royals.

TBM
05-03-2017, 08:04 PM
Picked up this Alex Gordon bat. Photo matched to games on April 25 to April 30 2014 when he had 4 hits - 2 singles, 2 doubles and 2 RBIs. Its hammered with use. Ball seems, cleat marks, cleat shoe marks, bat rack marks, ball marks good pine tar. This bat has it all. It's even got a broken handle and is autographed.

TBM
05-07-2017, 09:11 PM
Picked up this awesome looking Boba Fett jersey in a Star Wars night Jersey of their backs Auction at a Storm Chasers game. This jersey was worn by Peter O'Brien during the game. Peter was the main force behind the offence on this night. In the bottom of the 9th with a runner on O'Brien hit an RBI triple and then scored a run when Bubba Starling hit a double before the last out was recorded. The Storm Chasers lost 4-2 but it was a great night that was about to get even better. We won O'Brien's jersey and after the game along with all the other jersey winners we got to go out to the field. We met Peter O'Brien and talked for a few moments then he took off his jersey and gave it to us. The he said I've got a broken bat you can have. He went into the dug out and brought out the bat and signed it for us and then signed the jersey for us. We also ended up getting his hat too. My boy was so excited he was almost in tears.

coxfan
05-09-2017, 08:45 AM
If any of you get an item related to Whit Merrifield, please be aware of his major place in college baseball history. He delivered the "last at-bat at the Blatt", the 11th-inning walk-off hit that won the College World Series for South Carolina over UCLA in 2010. That ended 61 years of College World Series games at old Rosenblatt stadium, which was then demolished.

It's ironic that Whit then played many games for Omaha's minor-league team. Sadly, the ball from that famous hit was picked up by a UCLA outfielder, who failed to do anything to establish its provenance. Supposedly, that player later sent it to a South Carolina student he knew, who tried to sell it to the gamecocks. But they declined to accept it because of unprovable provenance.

I managed to buy two game-used balls from Merrifield's early games with Kansas City last year, giving me a nearly complete collection from MLB games in which ten gamecock alumni have played in the last three years. (Seven of them still active). The gamecocks have on display in our stadium four seats from old Rosenblatt. Fans often sit in them briefly as they enter.

JDF5244
05-09-2017, 09:03 AM
I have a Whit Merrifeld game-used bat. I'll see if I can post some pics when I get home from work.

TBM
05-09-2017, 12:33 PM
I believe I have a couple Merrifield items including a hit baseball from one of his first 50 MLB hits and a Storm Chasers GU hat.

Werner Park, home of the Omaha Storm Chasers, has four of the old Rosenblatt seats. I have a picture of me with Marlins man, my son, sister and the son of Johnny Rosenblatt, who the stadium was named after, sitting in those seats.

TBM
06-13-2017, 09:59 PM
I finally joined the club. I got my first home run ball. It was at a AAA minor league game on June 10, 2017 when the New Orleans Baby Cakes (Marlins) were playing the Omaha Storm Chasers (Royals) at Werner Park.

Terrance Gore had nearly 2,000 plate appearances with out a home run. Though he had a triple the night before that was inches from a home run. In the second inning Gore came up with one on and smacked a 401 foot home run that landed 20 feet in front of me on a concrete pad. It bounced straight back into the party deck. Bounced around under a table and around some chairs. it then bounced back out to the concrete pad and rolled around. In this time I covered the 20, got my glove on the ball and dove into the concrete pad ensuring no one else could knock it out of my glove. As I got up I had to check my glove to make sure the ball was actually there. It was and I started to dance around in sheer joy. My first home run ball hit by a player I cheer for and who has been an important part of two Royals postseason runs and a World Series Championship.

As I went back to my seat behind the berm a though came to me. This was also Terrance Gore's first home run ball and as much as I want it and for as long as I have been trying for one I was going to give it to him. I told my son this and it brought him to tears. He begged me to keep it. It was our first home run ball. I approached the GM of the team who arranged for me to go out to the field after the game with the winners of the jersey off their backs auction. I was able to meet and talk to Mr. Gore who happily agreed to trade a few items for the ball.

In the end I/we got a game used signed bat, game used signed cleats, the batting gloves he used to hit the home run with and a signed ball. A pretty good haul I thought. I did ask for the bat he hit the home run with but he wanted to keep that and I can't blame him for that. Gore told us that he had never signed a pair of cleats before so these are a one of a kind item at the moment. I have also been able to photomatch the bat to games in the middle of May 2017. In the end my boy was happy we traded the ball because we got game used cleats!

Here is a link to the video of Gore's home run. You can see me (in blue) coming from the right side of the screen towards the ball then diving into the concrete pad right before it goes back to Gore circling third base.

http://www.milb.com/multimedia/vpp.j...=t541&sid=t541

Stanley
06-28-2017, 02:08 PM
http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/Shootingthebreeze/20170627_212841_zpsebxz2kgo.jpg
I usually don't collect baseballs but this one was pretty cool.
First it was a double for Salvador Perez. Then another double for Jorge Bonifacio. His very first double of his MLB career. Then a Little League Home Run for Whit Merrifield.

sportsnbikes
08-17-2017, 03:39 AM
Got one of each of the special balls.

The Father's Day ball is a Ramon Torres double.
The 4th of July (not pictured here because I had 2) is Jorge Bonafacio's first career triple. The one pictured I gave to my son.
Memorial Day is a Salvy foul ball
Can't remember what the other 2 are.

I don't really collect baseballs much but I like the special issue balls.

sportsnbikes
09-04-2017, 10:41 PM
Finally found one with good use. No hits though.

sportsnbikes
09-04-2017, 10:43 PM
And a filthy Merrifield. He was 4-5 in this game with 2 runs.

sportsnbikes
10-07-2017, 12:26 AM
I picked up this Moose jersey recently. I photomatched it to 4 games including the division clincher in 2015 on 9/24 where he went 3-3 with 3 RBI, 2 Walks and a HR. I also got it for another HR on on 8/24 with a 2 Run HR and 2 RBI.

The thing that caught my eye about this jersey was the CS stitched in the front tail for his mother who had recently passed. This jersey is patched for the postseason but was not used in the postseason. It is MLB Authenticated as issued.

sportsnbikes
10-07-2017, 12:32 AM
Another recent pickup and I posted this in the Salvy thread. Used in at least the 2014 Wild Card Game (Photomatched) and the 2014 ALDS Game 3 (MLB Authenticated. I have postseason game used stuff from 5 of the 9 starters in the Royals 2 season postseason run.

2015 WS Hosmer Game Used bat from Game 5
2015 WS Cain Game Used bat from Games 2-5
2015 Alcides Game Used bat from the ALDS Games 2 and 4, possible more
2015 Rios Game Used bat from the ALDS Games 4 and 5 - Some big big hits on this bat...rally starter in Game 4 and the tying and go ahead RBI in Game 5
2014 Salvy gear

I think the other stuff is in this thread somewhere.

sportsnbikes
10-07-2017, 12:37 AM
Almost forgot about these.

ALCS Game 2 2015 pitch to Josh Donaldson from Yordano Ventura
AL Wild Card Game pitch to Josh Donaldson from James Shields

magikbum
12-15-2017, 11:22 AM
Eric Hosmer bat from 2015 season with what might be the fattest bat tape knob I have ever seen.

Additional photos:
http://www.sportsmemorabiliadb.com/item/show/JB031511

TigersCubs84
12-15-2017, 08:36 PM
That Hosmer is a beauty

sportsnbikes
12-17-2017, 12:38 AM
That sports memorabilia data base is cool. Nice bat.

ndevlin
12-17-2017, 11:09 PM
Anyone with Beltran bats they want to sell? Send me a pm

magikbum
12-18-2017, 03:13 PM
That sports memorabilia data base is cool. Nice bat.
Big work in progress still but I saw you signed up! I wanted an easy way to search for and get population reports on a player's items along with see any images of those items. Ideally at some point it is easy for users to add their own items they own and categorize/save their whole collection in an easy way.

That Hosmer is a beauty
Thank you! I liked it because I thought the knob was pretty unique but I haven't been able to really match it to any games. I would like to think he used it in BP and wanted the knob easy to identify for that. I will post a couple more of his shortly.

magikbum
12-18-2017, 06:24 PM
1 of my 3 other Eric Hosmer Bats:
Item Hologram ID: JB445805
Item Stored As: GAME-USED BROKEN BAT (http://www.sportsmemorabiliadb.com/categories/show/GAME-USED%20BROKEN%20BAT)
Session Name: MIN AT KC
Session Date: SEPTEMBER 28, 2016 (http://www.sportsmemorabiliadb.com/date/2016/SEPTEMBER/28)
Additional Information: BATTER - ERIC HOSMER, PITCHER - ERVIN SANTANA, BOTTOM OF 1 ERROR ON SHORTSTOP. BROKEN BAT, DTB, ALL RED, MODEL HOS. ROCK MAPLE SINGLE HANDLE BREAK.
http://www.sportsmemorabiliadb.com/item/show/JB445805

magikbum
12-18-2017, 06:30 PM
2nd of my 3 other Eric Hosmer Bats:
Item Hologram ID: JB844923
Item Stored As: GAME-USED BROKEN BAT (http://www.sportsmemorabiliadb.com/categories/show/GAME-USED%20BROKEN%20BAT)
Session Name: KC AT DET
Session Date: JULY 15, 2016 (http://www.sportsmemorabiliadb.com/date/2016/JULY/15)
Additional Information: BATTER - ERIC HOSMER, PITCHER - JUSTIN WILSON, TOP OF 8, GROUND OUT
http://www.sportsmemorabiliadb.com/item/show/JB844923

magikbum
12-18-2017, 08:19 PM
Last one of the three Eric Hosmer bats.

Item Hologram ID: HZ828992
Item Stored As: AUTOGRAPHED BAT (http://www.sportsmemorabiliadb.com/categories/show/AUTOGRAPHED%20BAT)
Item Autographed By: ERIC HOSMER
Session Name: ROYALS CLUB AUTHENTICATION
Session Date: JULY 25, 2015 (http://www.sportsmemorabiliadb.com/date/2015/JULY/25)
http://www.sportsmemorabiliadb.com/item/show/HZ828992

sportsnbikes
12-20-2017, 12:15 AM
Those are some nice Hosmer bats. I’ve owned quite a few of his bats but always get rid of them to fund something else lol. I still have a WS bat of his though.

MichaelofSF
12-26-2017, 01:02 AM
nice pick ups guys, been a while since I've posted on this thread (just sucks that alot of the early photos were deleted on this thread).

Dennis Leonard 1976 game used jersey
This is a road jersey from the 2 time 20 game winner. Leonard went 17-10 in 1976 with 16 complete games! He is a member of the Royals Hall of Fame. Leo signed the jersey for me on the back 2. The jersey is a size 42 and has the 76 year swatch in the neck.

MichaelofSF
12-26-2017, 01:13 AM
Dan Quisenberry 1984 game used jersey
The 1984 season was a runner up Cy Young and 3rd in MVP voting season for the Royals Fireman. When I was a kid I always thought Quisenberry's motion was rather unique. Quisenberry went 6-3 and led the AL with 44 saves.

This is a road style jersey with the 84 swatch on the front tail and is a size 42. There is a stain on the back of the jersey that I don't know what it's from. The jersey is made by Wilson. Not all of the buttons on the jersey currently are the same.

sportsnbikes
12-26-2017, 04:36 PM
Awwwww my favorite Royals jersey of all time. The 73-82 blues.

sek122482
02-02-2018, 02:02 PM
Picked up a couple Royals Batting Practice jerseys.

The first is tagged as 1992 Set 1 3 Shumpert. Does anyone know if it is common for Royals jerseys from this time not to have numbers on the back? The second is tagged as Set 1 1990 but has no player information or number anywhere. The third does not have any year tag but does have the #20 written in the neck tag. It looks like Frank White was the last Royal to wear #20 and he retired in 1990 so I was wondering if anyone knew what year this was likely from. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Scott
sek122482@yahoo.com

sox83cubs84
02-02-2018, 09:13 PM
On the Frank White jacket-style BP, 1990 was the first season that Majestic used that style of sleeve logo, and that was the normal logo through 1993.

Dave Miedema

sportsnbikes
03-10-2018, 12:15 AM
Looking for a Hosmer game used bat... royalcollector1 at yahoo

RoyalsCollector
08-13-2018, 10:16 AM
Burch Smith Turn Ahead the Clock game used hat from June 30, 2018 at Seattle Mariners.

royaldan
07-22-2019, 10:16 AM
Doe anyone have or is willing to sell a Royals at Pirates game worn Monarchs tribute jersey that was worn on July 14, 2001?
Thank you