PDA

View Full Version : The Kansas City Royals game used thread

Pages : [1] 2

MichaelofSF
12-15-2013, 10:04 PM
I know that we have several Royals collectors on the board, so I wanted to create a thread for fellow Royals collectors to learn from each other and educate each other. As well as a place for us to share our findings/pickups.

I'll start with my favorite baseball item in my collection. I was able to obtain this from fellow forum member Jerry S. He was kind enough to let me pry this away from his collection. Even though I have had it for a few months, I still have not created a display for it.

George Brett 1992 game used jersey. This road style jersey is my favorite Royals style of jersey ever (Road 1992-94), and it is also of my favorite player ever. My all time grail type baseball jersey would be George Brett's 3,000 hit jersey, but that is in the Royals HOF and I don't think that is going to be in my collection anytime soon. Here is a road jersey worn by Brett in 1992 just prior to his 3,000 hit. George wore this jersey in September of 1992 on road trips to NYY, Bal and Min. George inscribed the hits that he had while wearing this gamer (2,979-2,784, 2,994-2,996). Brett collected hits 2,997-3,000 in one night in a 4 hit game against the Angels. On this jersey there is the Joe Burke "JRB" memorial patch. On Brett's jerseys, he modified the patch to have a "JHB" which I believe was for his father Jack Brett. The jersey is unwashed and has residual pine tar on the left collarbone area and the back right shoulder.

The tagging on the front of the jersey isn't exactly like other 1992 Royals jerseys as they typically show the Year, set #, number, then name. The Intera Tag is on the neck of this Brett jersey. I will post an example of another 1992 gamer next.

MichaelofSF
12-15-2013, 10:15 PM
1992 Kevin Appier game used jersey

Perhaps the most underrated pitcher of the early 1990s, Kevin Appier was a favorite of mine growing up. His funky delivery and forkball were fun to watch. In 1992 Appier went 15-8 with a 2.46 ERA

This 1992 home jersey is minus the Joe Burke patch where the outline of the patch can still be seen. The tagging on the front of the jersey is consistent with most 1992 Royals gamers that I have seen. The sleeve cuffs are faded some and some pilling from the chest velcro can be seen

MichaelofSF
12-15-2013, 10:30 PM
1989 Bret Saberhagen game used road jersey

1989 was an odd numbered year, so it was a great year for Sabes. He went 23-6 with a 2.16 ERA. As a kid this was one of my favorite seasons as the Royals were still competitive and Sabes was battling Dave Stewart for the Cy Young.

I obtained this jersey from the 2012 Hunt All Star game auction. We had previously discussed this jersey here (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=47240&highlight=saberhagen) . I had missed out on this jersey on ebay but it had had it's name restored and auctioned off for me to win it. Some pilling is present near the chest velcro.

The interesting thing about this jersey is that in 1989 Rawlings was the jersey supplier for the Royals, but this jersey is a Wilson made jersey. An easy way to spot the Wilson and Rawlings jerseys is by the number fonts. Sabes wore both Wilson and Rawlings that year. He was wearing the Wilson when he won his Royals record 23rd win in Oakland. Unfortunately I didn't win the SCP auction for the 1989 Saberhagen glove as that was a beauty. The two baseball cards show the Wilson and Rawlings styles

MichaelofSF
12-15-2013, 10:40 PM
1986 David Cone game used rookie jersey

Another Royals Cy Young winner here. 1986 was Cone's rookie year. He was traded away to the Mets for the 87 season but returned to KC in 1993. He won a Cy Young in the 1994 season (If anyone has a 1994 Cone game used jersey let me know).

The jersey is made by Wilson. This jersey was possibly worn during his ML debut. I cannot verify this at all, but Cone made his debut at home. I have attached some screen shots from video of his debut. Unfortunately the game wasn't in HD.

MichaelofSF
12-15-2013, 11:03 PM
Tom Gordon 1988 game used jersey

1988 was the year the Tom "Flash" Gordon first came up to the show. He debuted in September of that year before making a huge impact as a rookie in 1989.

This 1988 jersey was possibly worn during his ML debut as well. I cannot verify this but his debut was at home and I don't know how many jerseys a September call up gets.

I purchased this jersey with the name on back removed. Lon Lewis did a great job following the original outline of the removed letters and restoring it for me. The lettering is not a vertical arched lettering. Gordon can be seen in photos (not sure if spring training) wearing a home jersey with similar lettering.

MichaelofSF
12-15-2013, 11:21 PM
Jeff Montgomery 1989 game used jersey (recycled)

The Royals all time saves leader was first issued this jersey in 1989. In 1989 Monty went 7-3 with 19 saves and a 1.37 ERA.

The name was removed and later recycled as remnants of a nameplate can also be seen. To my knowledge the Royals would send jerseys down to the minors to be recycled (if I am incorrect please chime in). I received the jersey with no name or nameplate present but the outline of both were visible. I had Lon Lewis restore Montgomery's name using the original outline and he did a great job again.

MichaelofSF
12-15-2013, 11:33 PM
and another Royals pitcher....

Mark Gubicza 1990 jersey

The last Royals name restored jersey that I have is a 1990 Gubicza jersey. The jersey is from 1990 and has 2 inches of length added to it. Gubicza got hurt in 1990 after a promising start to his career. When I picked up this jersey the name on back had been removed but the outline was visible. I had Lon restore this jersey as well. Vertical Arch lettering present.

MichaelofSF
12-16-2013, 12:06 AM
Tom Gordon 1988 game used jersey

1988 was the year the Tom "Flash" Gordon first came up to the show. He debuted in September of that year before making a huge impact as a rookie in 1989.

This 1988 jersey was possibly worn during his ML debut as well. I cannot verify this but his debut was at home and I don't know how many jerseys a September call up gets.

I purchased this jersey with the name on back removed. Lon Lewis did a great job following the original outline of the removed letters and restoring it for me. The lettering is not a vertical arched lettering. Gordon can be seen in photos (not sure if spring training) wearing a home jersey with similar lettering.

What I actually just noticed about my jersey is the front 3 and the back 3 are different fonts. The front 3 is more of the Wilson (more square) style "3" and the back "3" is more of the Rawlings (more turns/curved) style "3." The two photos of Gordon actually show him in a jersey with the same anomaly, that could actually be my jersey in the picture!

In addition to that, by his 1989 photos the home jerseys that he wears show the Rawlings style "3" present on both front and back photos. On his 1989 UD card he is wearing the same jersey with the front 3.

sportsnbikes
12-17-2013, 01:57 AM
Very impressive jersey's.

I don't have much and no jersey's but I do have this Salvador Perez gamer photo matched to his first and so far his only game winning HR.

sportsnbikes
12-17-2013, 01:58 AM

I don't have much and no jersey's but I do have this Salvador Perez gamer photo matched to his first and so far his only game winning HR.

It would help if I included the pic.

sportsnbikes
12-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Just picked up this Salvador Perez mask from Player Direct. These are not pictures I took. Item will be in transit soon!

ksfarmboy
12-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Outside of my Orioles collection this has to be my favorite. Took awhile to land a vintage Royals jersey with Kansas City on it. 1976 Hal McRae.

gorilla777
12-20-2013, 05:06 PM
I know that we have several Royals collectors on the board, so I wanted to create a thread for fellow Royals collectors to learn from each other and educate each other. As well as a place for us to share our findings/pickups.

I'll start with my favorite baseball item in my collection. I was able to obtain this from fellow forum member Jerry S. He was kind enough to let me pry this away from his collection. Even though I have had it for a few months, I still have not created a display for it.

George Brett 1992 game used jersey. This road style jersey is my favorite Royals style of jersey ever (Road 1992-94), and it is also of my favorite player ever. My all time grail type baseball jersey would be George Brett's 3,000 hit jersey, but that is in the Royals HOF and I don't think that is going to be in my collection anytime soon. Here is a road jersey worn by Brett in 1992 just prior to his 3,000 hit. George wore this jersey in September of 1992 on road trips to NYY, Bal and Min. George inscribed the hits that he had while wearing this gamer (2,979-2,784, 2,994-2,996). Brett collected hits 2,997-3,000 in one night in a 4 hit game against the Angels. On this jersey there is the Joe Burke "JRB" memorial patch. On Brett's jerseys, he modified the patch to have a "JHB" which I believe was for his father Jack Brett. The jersey is unwashed and has residual pine tar on the left collarbone area and the back right shoulder.

The tagging on the front of the jersey isn't exactly like other 1992 Royals jerseys as they typically show the Year, set #, number, then name. The Intera Tag is on the neck of this Brett jersey. I will post an example of another 1992 gamer next.

Michael, that is a beautiful Brett jersey!

Ben

sportsnbikes
12-20-2013, 11:26 PM
Outside of my Orioles collection this has to be my favorite. Took awhile to land a vintage Royals jersey with Kansas City on it. 1976 Hal McRae.

I LOVE this jersey. The powder blue 70's jersey's are my favorites of the Royals. Ahhhhh the memories of a winner year in and year out; even if I was only a small child!

MichaelofSF
12-25-2013, 05:56 PM
Michael, that is a beautiful Brett jersey!

Ben

Thank you for the kind words Ben, the Brett jersey is a beauty like most of the gems in your collection.

2001 Carlos Beltran game used jersey
This is the third 2001 Beltran game used jersey that I have owned. I sold my other home 2001 Beltran previously so this is taking the place of the one that I sold before. This one was obtained originally from a shirt off the back type drawing at the game. I purchased this from the original owner. This jersey was worn prior to September 11th as post 9/11 the US Flag patch was present on jerseys. In 2001 all American League teams wore the 100 years AL patch on the sleeve.

This jersey is unwashed. Dirt, pine tar and sharpie markings are present on this jersey. What is interesting about this jersey is the Russell tagging is the 1996-1999 style tagging. The other 2001 Beltran jerseys that I have handled had the 2001 style Russell tagging.

MichaelofSF
12-25-2013, 06:13 PM
2013 Eric Hosmer game used jersey (MLB authenticated)
This Hos jersey was last worn during a 2-HR game on 6/28/2013. In this 9-3 victory over the Twins, Hosmer went 3-4 with 3 runs, 2 HR, and 3 RBIs. June (2 new hitting coaches, one of them George Brett himself) is the month that Hosmer got his career back on track and when he started to show the promise that he had shown in his rookie year. He continued his hot month of June through the rest of the season picking up the 2013 Royals Player of the Year Award. This jersey was purchased directly from Royals Authentics.

Later on in the season Hos had another 2 HR game on 7/24 against Baltimore, unfortunately the Royals did not tag, pull, and authenticate that home jersey.

MichaelofSF
12-25-2013, 06:33 PM

Great Perez items! The kid just looks like he enjoys playing the game.

2011 Eric Hosmer rookie game used jersey (Joplin and Splittorff patches)
I no longer own this jersey as I auctioned it off in one of the Goldin Auctions this year. I had obtained the jersey and a Moustakas (Later obtained by fellow collector Leigh B, I'll let him post his jersey) originally through Royals Auctions. During a series in St. Louis from June 17-19th the Royals and Cardinals both wore the Teams Unite for Joplin patch. Both teams later auctioned off their jerseys from the series and donated money to help those affected by the Joplin destruction. Hosmer and Moustakas both wore 3 jerseys that series and the day they wore them was designated by writing the day of the week on the inner wash tag. You can see that in the picture where the "F" is. The Hosmer and Moustakas jerseys that I owned came washed, signed and MLB authenticated as game used. The Friday game was highlighted by a face first slide by Moose into home plate for the winning run (5-4 Royals win), Moose bloodied his face up pretty good on the slide.

I do not know if all players wore three jerseys but I would doubt that.

The "Splitt" patch worn on the sleeve was worn in 2011 after the passing (5/25/11) of former player and announcer Paul Splittorff.

sportsnbikes
12-29-2013, 09:58 PM

If you ever want to get rid of this please let me know. I'd LOVE to own a jersey from this era. royalcollector1@yahoo.com

sportsnbikes
12-29-2013, 10:08 PM
Got the mask. Loving it. I had to put it on and I know that will KILL some GUU members but that was the last time. LOL. Currently looking for a nice shadowbox and will try to photomatch although not holding out much hope.

sportsnbikes
12-29-2013, 10:12 PM
OOPS. That first picture isn't my picture. Here is mine.

CampWest
12-30-2013, 11:16 AM
Great stuff so far guys. Love the jerseys Chu.

Here is a photographic history of Billy Butler bats and use characteristics ranging from his early minor league career through 2013, in chronological order.

CampWest
12-30-2013, 11:39 AM
1989 Frank White home jersey

sportsnbikes
12-30-2013, 01:47 PM
Great stuff so far guys. Love the jerseys Chu.

Here is a photographic history of Billy Butler bats and use characteristics ranging from his early minor league career through 2013, in chronological order.

That's a slew of Butler bats!

CampWest
12-30-2013, 02:14 PM
A trio of 2011 Paul Splittorf memorial patch gamers... Alex Gordon with rookie jerseys of Mike Moustakas and Eric Hosmer.

CampWest
12-30-2013, 02:22 PM
A couple Billy Butler gloves and mitts. 2006-2007 (rookie) outfield glove, second year 2008 1st base mitt, and third year 2009 1st base mitt.

yanks12025
12-30-2013, 05:21 PM
Too lazy to take photos but I own Tim Collins rookie jackie robinson day jersey. He came in and faced two batters and ended up walking both before being removed. The next pitcher allowed the runner to score which ended up being the first career run allowed by Tim Collins.

yanks12025
12-30-2013, 05:25 PM
Here's a photo.

sportsnbikes
12-30-2013, 06:27 PM
Too lazy to take photos but I own Tim Collins rookie jackie robinson day jersey. He came in and faced two batters and ended up walking both before being removed. The next pitcher allowed the runner to score which ended up being the first career run allowed by Tim Collins.

That's an interesting stat! Cool!

sportsnbikes
12-30-2013, 06:30 PM
A couple Billy Butler gloves and mitts. 2006-2007 (rookie) outfield glove, second year 2008 1st base mitt, and third year 2009 1st base mitt.

Cool gloves! I hope one day to own a glove. Maybe after I'm finished paying child support. Only 8 and a half years.

gorilla777
12-30-2013, 06:48 PM
George Brett batting helmet:

Ben

sportsnbikes
12-30-2013, 09:42 PM
George Brett batting helmet:

Ben

That's SUUUWEEET!

shirkr
01-13-2014, 06:50 PM
Keeping the Royals thread going...

2006 Wichita Wrangler jerseys of Alex Gordon and Billy Butler
2007 Butler Rookie bat, MLB holo, and photomatched
2008 Gordon bat

Oldies but goodies of John Wathan and Pat Tabler.

sportsnbikes
05-11-2014, 10:50 PM
Perez catchers mask. The velcro at the rip is pulling the rip open wider so after it came off all the way it doesn't look quite as big.

sportsnbikes
05-11-2014, 10:54 PM
Eric Hosmer Marucci gamer.

sportsnbikes
05-11-2014, 11:01 PM
Hosmer SSK match. If I can get some better images from the Baltimore game on 7-24 this bat will have a 2-HR game on it.

sportsnbikes
05-11-2014, 11:03 PM
Sorry for the large images. I thought they would come out smaller than that.

MichaelofSF
06-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Yordano "Ace" Ventura Game used Glove 2012

I was recently able to pick up a 2012 Yordano Ventura glove with Anderson Authentics/Ventura COA. It looks like Yordano used this for the earlier part of the year.

Ventura used a few different gloves during the 2012 year, he wore a different glove for the Futures Game and I have seen another Rawlings glove with a different web pattern that was used. In his MLB debut in 2013, Ventura was using a Jeremy Guthrie glove.

sportsnbikes
06-14-2014, 11:54 PM
That's a great glove. From what I understand, his game used stuff is in short supply!

helf35
06-15-2014, 08:14 AM
Nice glove!

sportsnbikes
06-24-2014, 06:39 AM
I've had this bat for a little over a year but I just found a cool complimentary piece in this lineup card. This bat was photo matched to Perez first career walk off home run. The lineup card is from that game.

gaytorhater703
07-28-2014, 03:49 PM
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa453/gameusedtiger/LouisColemanMemorialDayJersey_zps2d0f826d.jpg

3 IP, 1 ER (Springer Homerun), 1 Strikeout

War Helmets
07-30-2014, 08:46 PM
Man that helmet is super awesome.What a treasure you have!

War Helmets
07-30-2014, 08:50 PM
If you ever want to get rid of this please let me know. I'd LOVE to own a jersey from this era. royalcollector1@yahoo.com

You would scare me from trying to steal a base with that look in your eye sportsnbikes lol....And maybe Dee Gordon of the Dodgers :D

War Helmets
07-30-2014, 08:59 PM
Man that George Brett jersey is fantastic!As I grew up in the 80's he & Mattingly are my alltime favorite players. Are those GU Brett bats in the case beside the jersey? I am not a bat guy,but I am a big fan of the 1983 Pine Tar Incident & would love to have a Brett GU bat with tons of pine tar on it in my collection ....I like to watch the pine tar video on youtube for a good laugh from time to time :D

sportsnbikes
07-30-2014, 11:16 PM
You would scare me from trying to steal a base with that look in your eye sportsnbikes lol....And maybe Dee Gordon of the Dodgers :D

LOL...I would think it would be my hair that would scare you off.

And agreed with you on the Brett stuff...those Brett bats are so freaking sweet as are the jerseys. In about 8 years, I am going to own a Brett jersey, bat, or both. Just have to finish up these lil child suport payments. LOL.

CampWest
08-12-2014, 08:03 AM
Danny Duffy, 1st career home win, rookie year jersey.

tigerdale
08-12-2014, 09:02 AM
A Kirk Gibson bat during his time w/ the Royals.....

MichaelofSF
08-28-2014, 10:51 AM
Man that George Brett jersey is fantastic!As I grew up in the 80's he & Mattingly are my alltime favorite players. Are those GU Brett bats in the case beside the jersey? I am not a bat guy,but I am a big fan of the 1983 Pine Tar Incident & would love to have a Brett GU bat with tons of pine tar on it in my collection ....I like to watch the pine tar video on youtube for a good laugh from time to time :D

Yeah, I love the jersey too. Those are Brett GU bats next to the jersey

MichaelofSF
08-28-2014, 10:53 AM
Danny Duffy, 1st career home win, rookie year jersey.

Duffman! great pick up! Wish he was still wearing #23

MichaelofSF
08-28-2014, 10:54 AM
Keeping the Royals thread going...

2006 Wichita Wrangler jerseys of Alex Gordon and Billy Butler
2007 Butler Rookie bat, MLB holo, and photomatched
2008 Gordon bat

Oldies but goodies of John Wathan and Pat Tabler.

Great items, Gordo and Butler have been a huge part of the great ball they've been playing lately

MichaelofSF
08-28-2014, 12:20 PM
I've had this bat for a little over a year but I just found a cool complimentary piece in this lineup card. This bat was photo matched to Perez first career walk off home run. The lineup card is from that game.

Where do you get all of these bats?

One of my favorite Royals pieces...
Alex Gordon 2006-2008 (rookie, multiseason) game used glove.
This glove was manufactured for Gordon in 12/2005 (BLEK, ID no 12). The glove is signed by Gordo and he inscribed game used. The glove was originally sourced through Hollywood Collectibles who was Gordon's exclusive memorabilia agent through 2008 or 09. Rawlings is stiched in gold on the thumb area with no rawlings identifier on the 4 finger side (helps to distinguish this glove from others). During the life of the glove, the wrist part of the glove was actually tightened as early on in the use of the glove there were two exposed holes between the Rawlings back of wrist patch that were later used to fasten the glove tighter.

In 2006 Gordon was the Minor League player of the year in AA at Wichita, he starred in the Futures Game that year with Billy Butler. I believe midway through his 2006 season he started using this glove. He was using a tan glove earlier in the season but by the futures game and into the second half of the season he was wearing this style glove.

Gordon uses this glove throughout Spring Training but does not use it for his debut series. After the first week or so (Early April) of the season he uses this glove exclusively throughout the season (except when he plays at 1B). He even is using this glove the last day of his season (when he took a ball off his face)

MichaelofSF
08-28-2014, 12:24 PM
contiued into 2008
Gordon continues to use this glove on opening day and into May of 2008. He starts to work in another glove into game use and eventually switches over to that glove. The other similar glove has "Rawlings" in gold on the 4 finger side but no "Rawlings" on the thumb side. I believe the glove he started to use was the glove he was using for the first week of his rookie season but cannot confirm this and have not researched it enough. You can also see how the wrist opening has been made smaller by fastening the backing to the two previously open holes near the "Rawlings" back of wrist red rectangle patch.

sportsnbikes
08-29-2014, 12:33 AM
Man that's a nice piece. I hope to own a glove some day.

I got a few bats from the Royals and a few just here and there. I got the Sal bat from Player Direct.

MichaelofSF
09-16-2014, 07:56 PM
A pair of throwbacks up next...

Jose Rosado 1997 game used 1977 TBTC throwback jersey
The Royals and Mariners played a TBTC game in Seattle on July 19th, 1997. The Royals won the game 9-6. Jose Rosado did not pitch in this game. Rosado was a promising young Lefty (All Star in 1997 and 1999) that ran into some injury problems. The throwback jersey is made by Ebbets Field Flannels and is a size 44. The Mariners Care program wrote an LOA that accompanies the jersey.

MichaelofSF
09-16-2014, 08:15 PM
James "Juego G" Shields
2014 game used 1974 TBTC jersey (MLB authenticated)
Shields has been pitching great down the stretch for the Royals this year. He wore this jersey on August 30th this year against the Indians. Shields went 7 innings giving up 5 hits, 1 walk, 1 run with 4 Ks. The Royals lost in extra innings to the Indians and Shields got a ND. The jersey is unwashed, still smells and size 46.

sek122482
09-18-2014, 12:59 PM
Picked up this Mark Grudzielanek Kansas City Monarchs Negro League jersey worn by the Royals on July 21, 2007. MLB Authenticated (BB559525) and shows some good use.

ksfarmboy
09-18-2014, 03:15 PM
1985 jackets of Dave Leeper and Charlie Liebrandt.

esigs
09-18-2014, 04:50 PM
Can someone please help me located other pictures of Jeremy Guthrie wearing the 1974 retro jersey on 8/30/14? He caught the ceremonial first pitch from George Brett, and I thought I had seen another picture that showed him catching the ball but now I can't locate it. I searched Getty Image, googled it as many ways I could think of, checked the Royals website, Facebook page and Twitter feed (where I found the picture below) and MLB.TV (both home and away feeds). I'd like to get a picture of the front and back of the jersey if possible.

MichaelofSF
10-01-2014, 02:45 PM
Can someone please help me located other pictures of Jeremy Guthrie wearing the 1974 retro jersey on 8/30/14? He caught the ceremonial first pitch from George Brett, and I thought I had seen another picture that showed him catching the ball but now I can't locate it. I searched Getty Image, googled it as many ways I could think of, checked the Royals website, Facebook page and Twitter feed (where I found the picture below) and MLB.TV (both home and away feeds). I'd like to get a picture of the front and back of the jersey if possible.

James haven't found any of those pics yet.

Zack Greinke 2004 game used rookie jersey/vest
This road vest was purchased from Howard Wolf by me back in 2004/05. Greinke made his debut in Oakland and I was fortunate enough to attend that game and receive a game ball from the game as well sitting behind the dugout. (desi relaford tossed it to me, sweeney gave almost all of the game balls to Greinke's parents sitting a few seats down).

This jersey shows a ton of wash wear as the size tag has stained and discolored and the numbers have been softened and loose threads are present. I have seen size 44 and 46 Greinke jerseys for 2004. After that I have seen him wear size 48. 2004 was the last year that the Royals had their jerseys made by Russell athletic. Starting in 2005, Majestic manufactured their jerseys and added a majestic logo to the left shoulder area.

MichaelofSF
10-01-2014, 03:08 PM
Zack Greinke 2005 game used jersey
2005 was Greinke's sophomore season. He didn't fare as well as his rookie year. This vest was authenticated twice, once in 2005 on the last day of the season as an authentic team jersey and then in 2007 when it was signed (hologram on front and on back). The jersey shows lots of wash wear with loose threads.

At most of his home starts in 2005 Greinke preferred the blue alternate jersey. He did wear the white vest on non pitching days and did wear it on the mound as well. This jersey is a size 48

sportsnbikes
10-16-2014, 11:17 PM
Picked this up from Christian Colon prior to ALCS game 3 in KC the other night. It is not game used and it doesn't really matter to me. Still shows some good practice use. It was a gift and I love it. It's also my first Chandler stick.

MichaelofSF
10-17-2014, 06:57 PM
Picked this up from Christian Colon prior to ALCS game 3 in KC the other night. It is not game used and it doesn't really matter to me. Still shows some good practice use. It was a gift and I love it. It's also my first Chandler stick.

Awesome pickup. Always cooler when you get the item yourself.

JDF5244
10-18-2014, 10:21 PM
I just got a killer gamer used by Alex Gordon…the LOA doesn't specify the years it was used….it's a beauty however. I'll try to get some pics up…..

JDF5244
10-18-2014, 10:22 PM
I just got a killer gamer used bat by Alex Gordon…the LOA doesn't specify the years it was used….it's a beauty however. I'll try to get some pics up…..[/QUOTE]

sportsnbikes
10-19-2014, 03:53 PM
Awesome pickup. Always cooler when you get the item yourself.

Much cooler. Those are items I'll never ever get rid of. I'll pass them down to my kids some day.

Gunnerleighb
10-19-2014, 07:22 PM
Better late than never ...
Here is the jersey James Shield wore in his Royals debut, April 1, 2013, against the White Sox.

Gunnerleighb
10-19-2014, 07:28 PM
The bbq (and rally) sauce stained jersey of Salvador Perez when the Royals beat the Tigers in 10 on June 12, 2013.

Gunnerleighb
10-19-2014, 07:37 PM
Eric Hosmer's Memorial Day jersey against the Astros on May 26, 2014.

sportsnbikes
10-19-2014, 08:01 PM
Those are freaking sweet Gunner. Selling? Those 2 are my favorite Royals.

MichaelofSF
10-21-2014, 03:41 PM
Here is the jersey James Shield wore in his Royals debut, April 1, 2013, against the White Sox.

Great to see you getting in on this thread Leigh (owner of the best Royals collection that I've seen). Let's hope Shields gets a W tonight!

sportsnbikes
10-23-2014, 09:09 AM

I was at this game in Chicago. Very nice piece.

MichaelofSF
10-24-2014, 05:10 PM
Johnny Damon 1999-2000 game used glove

After George Brett retired, Johnny Damon was my favorite position player on the Royals until Carlos Beltran came around. Damon was part of the what could have been outfield of Damon, Beltran and Dye (my glove may even be the glove in the picture of the 3 of them below). This is a Rawlings Pro-2HFB model glove with 4 dots (manufactured in 1999). I was able to recently add this to my collection. Damon was traded away after the 2000 season to Oakland. In the 1999-2000 period Damon used a black Rawlings glove with his name embroidered in yellow/gold. In his time in Boston starting in 2002, the embroidery color started to be red. Definite use shown in the pocket.

MichaelofSF
10-24-2014, 05:23 PM
Carlos Beltran 2003-04 Game Glove
(previously posted in the Beltran thread (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=52678) )

Rawlings model Pro601KBSO with BEEA (10-03) date code, ID NO 07. 2004 was Beltran's last year with the Royals. Beltran used to wear Rawlings until he switched over to Wilson when he was with the Mets in 2005. Beltran was wearing a Rawlings glove as late as Spring Training of 2005. This glove has some definite wear in the web as well as on the hand/wrist opening as seen in the pictures. The glove has Beltran's Puerto Rico flag on it as well as his name in script. Beltran is a 3 time gold glove winner.

The glove is stylematched to Beltran climbing the wall in KC to steal a HR and Spring Training 2004 with the same model. In 2004 Beltran mainly rotated between this model and a grey version of the same model. In the All Star game he was using the black/brown style.

helf35
10-24-2014, 06:34 PM
What could have been had they been able to keep that outfield together.

ndevlin
10-25-2014, 10:51 AM
1991 Gary Thurman Game Worn Jersey....

ndevlin
10-25-2014, 11:00 AM
1994 Stan Belinda Game Worn Jersey

ndevlin
10-25-2014, 11:07 AM
1994 Kevin Appier Game Worn Jersey...

ndevlin
10-25-2014, 11:10 AM
1992 Rusty Meacham Game Worn Jersey...

skyking26
10-25-2014, 01:08 PM
Love what you did with the shadowbox. I made one with a hanger I would not use again... I'm in the process of building another and need an idea on a different hanger system. Would you send me some pictures to my email and show me what you did on yours? Looks very nice...

sportsnbikes
11-06-2014, 01:57 PM
Picked up these Danny Duffy throwback pants. I also was given one from the pair of cleats that Duffy gave to my friend SungWoo. I know pants aren't real collectible but they will be used for a greater purpose. SungWoo has the other cleat in Korea. You can see the hashtag that Duffy wrote on the toe. It's kind of like a friendship necklace for guys. Lol.

MichaelofSF
11-07-2014, 11:06 AM
1994 Stan Belinda Game Worn Jersey

Really cool items Nate, do the Belinda and Appier have evidence of number removal on the front? The tagging looks good but in 94 on the blue alternates there were numbers on the fronts of the jerseys. Either way great looking jerseys, loved those blue alternates and the 94 patch on the sleeve too!

MLB~NUT
11-07-2014, 06:12 PM

Great Brett jersey!:)

jsage
11-07-2014, 10:27 PM
Michael -
You are correct the 1994 KC Blue Alternative Jerseys did have the player's number on the front. See below - Wally Joyner 1994 Jersey
Jerry Sage
jssage24@yahoo.com
http://rs1198.pbsrc.com/albums/aa458/Jsage1/IMG_4786_zps71c0c4a6.jpg~c200http://rs1198.pbsrc.com/albums/aa458/Jsage1/IMG_4788_zps18dfe3d7.jpg~c200http://rs1198.pbsrc.com/albums/aa458/Jsage1/IMG_4787_zps0674c0e6.jpg~c200

ndevlin
11-07-2014, 10:38 PM
Really cool items Nate, do the Belinda and Appier have evidence of number removal on the front? The tagging looks good but in 94 on the blue alternates there were numbers on the fronts of the jerseys. Either way great looking jerseys, loved those blue alternates and the 94 patch on the sleeve too!

Thanks Michael, I like the blue alts as well. I had the Belinda out so I double checked but couldnt seem to see an outline of the number on the front. I'm guessing I just can't see it. Surely it was there.

MichaelofSF
11-08-2014, 12:12 AM
A few Hosmer rookie items coming up....

Eric Hosmer 2011 game used autographed batting helmet (MLB authenticated)
I just picked up this rookie batting helmet. The Hos was called up in May of 2011 as a highly touted prospect and delivered with a promising rookie year. Here is a game used batting helmet from his rookie year. The autograph is MLB authenticated from spring training of 2013. Hosmer used this style of helmet only in the 2011 season. After researching the helmet it matches with pictures of Hosmer from later on in the season.

The helmet is a size 7 3/8. There is tar on the brim of the helmet and scratches/scuffing throughout. There is a glob of tar above the left ear that is also visible in pictures. There are also some light blue streaks and dots on the helmet that can be seen in various pictures in the 2nd half

MichaelofSF
11-08-2014, 12:59 AM
A pair of
Eric Hosmer 2011 (rookie) game used cracked bats
Hosmer made his debut on 5/6/2011. On Mother's Day a few days later Hosmer used his pink "Momma Hos" bat to knock in his first RBI, I lost out on a bidding war for that one. Here are two of Hosmer's very early MLB bats. One was ordered on 5/9/2011 and the other on 5/19/2011. These are Marucci EH3 model bats. Both have "35" on the knob. Hosmer's first few bats had "EH" on the knob (maybe because he was in the minors and didn't know which ML # he would be assigned?). The one made on 5/9 is MLB authenticated and I was actually able to photomatch the exact swing where the bat broke against Jeremy Guthrie on 5/26/2011. Big thanks to Keith Allison for taking such great photos and posting them on flickr. The tar pattern matches up exactly. The tar on this bat is a lighter color than what is normally seen on Hosmer rookie bats.

The other bat made on 5/19/2011 is autographed. After the 2011 season Hosmer brought some bats back to Florida and I saw a few of these for sale then, this is one of them. This one has the darker mota stick/tar that Hosmer used for most of his rookie season.

Alot of Hosmer bats have a taped knob and more recently taped handles.

sportsnbikes
11-08-2014, 03:46 AM
Where do you get such clear images?????? I have a Hosmer bat I'm so close to matching but just can't get a clear enough image.

sportsnbikes
11-08-2014, 06:09 AM
I picked up this World Series base the other day. Although it's not game used, at 225 bucks, it is much cheaper than what the game used bases were being sold for at the WS for $3500.

The way I see it, this is Alpha-Omega of the season this year for the Royals!

xmartyx
12-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Hey KC fans, just wondering if any of you could help me out? I just posted a thread here (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=370001#post370001) and could really use the input of any of you knowledgeable KC collectors. Thanks!

James457
12-03-2014, 11:53 AM
I'm thinking of buying the World Series Base from eBay. Is it the same kind of bases they use on the field?

MichaelofSF
12-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Hey KC fans, just wondering if any of you could help me out? I just posted a thread here (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=370001#post370001) and could really use the input of any of you knowledgeable KC collectors. Thanks!

I'm posting this in the Royals thread so the information can be accessed with more ease.

I'll preface this by saying I have no knowledge of Kirk Gibson jerseys and styles so I don't know if sizing, cut etc are normal for him.

In 1991 Gibson appeared in 132 games, at least 30 of which were as the DH according to baseball reference.

The jersey itself looks to be from the team, the chest velcro patch appears to be present. I have a 1991 Royals game used jersey and the Rawlings size patch appears to be in the same place on the outside. There appears to be some wash wear as evidenced by the threads on the lettering loosening a little. In my experience, the "set" tags don't tend to show the same amount of wash wear as the other tags like the Rawlings larger size tags do.

I have seen many Royals jerseys that have had the name on backs removed from that era. As far as I know, when they were recycled sewn on nameplates could be sewn over. If there is no evidence of a nameplate removed, then perhaps the lettering was taken off and then never reused/issued.

Fellow Royals collector Leigh B. has a really cool Johnny Damon/Bret Saberhagen recycled jersey. (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showpost.php?p=275884&postcount=6) . My Jeff Montgomery jersey was similarly recycled where the name was removed and a nameplate was placed over (I have since had it restored (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showpost.php?p=343613&postcount=6)). I have a 1990 Guibcza (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showpost.php?p=343614&postcount=7) that had the name removed but not recycled as well.

The Gibson jersey for auction and the jersey Gibson is wearing in the photo are not the same. The jersey in the auction the "3" is further away from the stitching seam than in the photo. The "30" is always higher up on the jersey in question (closer to "Royals"). This does not mean that the jersey isn't good, just means it's not the one in the pic.

VanPoppelFan
12-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Michael,

A couple of follow-up questions:

1. The clean, crisp-looking Set tag doesn't concern you at all, then?
2. The positioning of the "30" relative to other things - was this something that varied from jersey to jersey? I would've thought it would be pretty absolute, but maybe not?
3. The lack of nameplate stitch marks - have you seen before where a jersey had a name removed to be recycled and then apparently wasn't?
4. Have you seen other 1991 jerseys recycled? Or is it just consistent with the period in general?

Thanks!

I'm posting this in the Royals thread so the information can be accessed with more ease.

I'll preface this by saying I have no knowledge of Kirk Gibson jerseys and styles so I don't know if sizing, cut etc are normal for him.

In 1991 Gibson appeared in 132 games, at least 30 of which were as the DH according to baseball reference.

The jersey itself looks to be from the team, the chest velcro patch appears to be present. I have a 1991 Royals game used jersey and the Rawlings size patch appears to be in the same place on the outside. There appears to be some wash wear as evidenced by the threads on the lettering loosening a little. In my experience, the "set" tags don't tend to show the same amount of wash wear as the other tags like the Rawlings larger size tags do.

I have seen many Royals jerseys that have had the name on backs removed from that era. As far as I know, when they were recycled sewn on nameplates could be sewn over. If there is no evidence of a nameplate removed, then perhaps the lettering was taken off and then never reused/issued.

Fellow Royals collector Leigh B. has a really cool Johnny Damon/Bret Saberhagen recycled jersey. (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showpost.php?p=275884&postcount=6) . My Jeff Montgomery jersey was similarly recycled where the name was removed and a nameplate was placed over (I have since had it restored (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showpost.php?p=343613&postcount=6)). I have a 1990 Guibcza (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showpost.php?p=343614&postcount=7) that had the name removed but not recycled as well.

The Gibson jersey for auction and the jersey Gibson is wearing in the photo are not the same. The jersey in the auction the "3" is further away from the stitching seam than in the photo. The "30" is always higher up on the jersey in question (closer to "Royals"). This does not mean that the jersey isn't good, just means it's not the one in the pic.

VanPoppelFan
12-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Shoot, one more question:

If you had to guess, would you think this jersey was legit?

Michael,

2. The positioning of the "30" relative to other things - was this something that varied from jersey to jersey? I would've thought it would be pretty absolute, but maybe not?
3. The lack of nameplate stitch marks - have you seen before where a jersey had a name removed to be recycled and then apparently wasn't?
4. Have you seen other 1991 jerseys recycled? Or is it just consistent with the period in general?

Thanks!

MUSEOVEN
12-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Salvador Perez Game Used Jersey.-
Salvador Perez Game Used Jersey In Venezuela.-

MichaelofSF
12-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Michael,

Thanks!

1.) I don't know exactly how crisp it is in person. Attached is a 1991 gamer that I have laundered many times because I turned it into a George Brett jersey to wear. The set tag doesn't look that used (definitely not crisp).

2.) The number positioning is not necessarily a consistent thing. I have used number placement on photos to help guide me before but during the same season for the same player there can be alot of variance. See difference in "5" placement for George Brett below

3.) yes the Gubicza jersey that I posted in my last response had his name removed but no nameplate, no other signs of another name.

4.) I would say it was common to the era for the Royals (not an expert, just my observation)

last note, I don't authenticate jerseys for a living, not what I do. My OPINION is this is a jersey from the team that was issued to Gibson and his name was removed after the season. The jersey does seem to show some wash wear which may be attributed to him but I can't verify that and I have never held the jersey in my hands

VanPoppelFan
12-04-2014, 05:50 AM
Michael,

Thank you for the disclaimer at the end, but no sweat; I'm just looking to gather as much information about this as I possibly can. To that end, you have been RIDICULOUSLY helpful. Thank you so, so much; all of the information, the opinion, all of it has been greatly appreciated.

Of course, the only other question I could think of was whether you know anyone who is knowledgeable about Kansas City jerseys who'd be willing and able to have me send the jersey to them for assessment if/when I acquire it? I'd love to send it and pay return shipping and get someone's in-person opinion on the article.

Thanks again! For everything!

Larry

1.) I don't know exactly how crisp it is in person. Attached is a 1991 gamer that I have laundered many times because I turned it into a George Brett jersey to wear. The set tag doesn't look that used (definitely not crisp).

2.) The number positioning is not necessarily a consistent thing. I have used number placement on photos to help guide me before but during the same season for the same player there can be alot of variance. See difference in "5" placement for George Brett below

3.) yes the Gubicza jersey that I posted in my last response had his name removed but no nameplate, no other signs of another name.

4.) I would say it was common to the era for the Royals (not an expert, just my observation)

last note, I don't authenticate jerseys for a living, not what I do. My OPINION is this is a jersey from the team that was issued to Gibson and his name was removed after the season. The jersey does seem to show some wash wear which may be attributed to him but I can't verify that and I have never held the jersey in my hands

VanPoppelFan
12-04-2014, 05:55 AM
Michael,

As I was looking for photos of another 1991 jersey for stitching comparison purposes, I found the Gary Thurman on page eight. I relied that it still has its name sewed on. Any idea why a Thurman, without special modifications (based on the tagging), would NOT be recycled, but a Gibson (with an extra inch or whatever) would be?

Thanks again!

jsage
12-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Michael,
Of course, the only other question I could think of was whether you know anyone who is knowledgeable about Kansas City jerseys who'd be willing and able to have me send the jersey to them for assessment if/when I acquire it? I'd love to send it and pay return shipping and get someone's in-person opinion on the article.

Thanks again! For everything!

Larry

Larry -
Why don't you just send it to MEARS for an LOA?
Jerry Sage

ndevlin
12-04-2014, 12:36 PM
Michael,

As I was looking for photos of another 1991 jersey for stitching comparison purposes, I found the Gary Thurman on page eight. I relied that it still has its name sewed on. Any idea why a Thurman, without special modifications (based on the tagging), would NOT be recycled, but a Gibson (with an extra inch or whatever) would be?

Thanks again!

That Thurman is mine so I'll chime in-- it was definitely recycled and missing the name on the back. I had the great Lon Lewis restore it back to it's normal state. I'd probably say all of my late to early Royals jerseys were missing the name on the back. It was just the norm then.

I personally wouldn't bother with Mears. If you contact Lon and ask him if he'd look at it(for a small fee) he should be able to inspect it and see if there were any number changes/name changes, or if the thread used is incorrect, etc. There are things he finds on a jersey that I couldn't believe. I trust him with my jerseys 100%.

VanPoppelFan
12-04-2014, 03:09 PM
That Thurman is mine so I'll chime in-- it was definitely recycled and missing the name on the back. I had the great Lon Lewis restore it back to it's normal state. I'd probably say all of my late to early Royals jerseys were missing the name on the back. It was just the norm then.

I personally wouldn't bother with Mears. If you contact Lon and ask him if he'd look at it(for a small fee) he should be able to inspect it and see if there were any number changes/name changes, or if the thread used is incorrect, etc. There are things he finds on a jersey that I couldn't believe. I trust him with my jerseys 100%.

I've actually had Lon look at one of mine before. I thought he specifically dealt with San Francisco jerseys? If it's actually anything, that'd be amazing. He was a wonderful guy to deal with, and like you said, his attention to detail was nothing short of amazing. I'll have to get in touch with him!

sportsnbikes
12-05-2014, 12:21 AM
I'm thinking of buying the World Series Base from eBay. Is it the same kind of bases they use on the field?

James, I bought one of those bases. Here is a picture of it. They are the same ones used in the World Series. If you look at the picture, you'll see a slight blue tint. When I questioned this, I was told that the last batch of bases had blue tint in them. While I still question whether this is actually true because of the Game 7 base I saw up for auction, this is probably as cheap as you'll get to what equates to a game issued base. It also may be why they are only 225 bucks and not more.

sportsnbikes
12-05-2014, 12:31 AM
Salvador Perez Game Used Jersey.-
Salvador Perez Game Used Jersey In Venezuela.-

That's some nice Salvy gear.

MUSEOVEN
12-05-2014, 06:44 PM
That's some nice Salvy gear.

I have some items used by Salvador i have 2game used catchers equip., 2 Pairs of cleats and 4bats. I thinks he s a great catcher ;)

sportsnbikes
12-06-2014, 10:36 PM

I have some items used by Salvador i have 2game used catchers equip., 2 Pairs of cleats and 4bats. I thinks he s a great catcher ;)

Awesome. Do you live in the KC area?

CampWest
12-08-2014, 11:47 PM
I recently picked up this 2001 Mike Sweeney home jersey. Its dated to the end of the season with the USA Flag Patch on the back. In 2001, Sweeney played 147 games batting .304/347/542 with 46 Doubles, 29 HR, 99 RBI and even tacked on a career high 10 stolen bases, which earned him a second all star appearance. Though it should have been his third as he was snubbed in his breakout 1999 season. Anyhow, great use on this home jersey celebrating 100 Seasons of the American League.

danesei@yahoo.com
12-12-2014, 11:16 PM
I got this hat from a neighbor of Art Fowler. Supposedly the hat was received in the 90s, which fits, since the combination of tagging and MLB logo (stitched, not patch) on the back dates the cap to sometime between late 1992 (Nov/Dec) through 1996.

Sadly, Mr Fowler passed away in 2007, so there's no way for me to verify the origins of the cap, I was told that the seller was a good source, so I picked it up.

http://www.use.com/images/s_5/Royals_cap_2048abcf990d3044fd89_1.jpg
http://www.use.com/images/s_5/Royals_cap_2048abcf990d3044fd89_2.jpg
http://www.use.com/images/s_5/Royals_cap_2048abcf990d3044fd89_3.jpg

MUSEOVEN
12-21-2014, 09:08 AM
Awesome. Do you live in the KC area?

Hello i Live in caracas Venezuela :)

esigs
12-22-2014, 10:30 PM

MUSEOVEN, please let me know if you can get game used items from Paulo Orlando who played Winter ball with Cardenales de Lara. He wore jersey #52.

sportsnbikes
12-27-2014, 10:45 AM
I got this hat from a neighbor of Art Fowler. Supposedly the hat was received in the 90s, which fits, since the combination of tagging and MLB logo (stitched, not patch) on the back dates the cap to sometime between late 1992 (Nov/Dec) through 1996.

Sadly, Mr Fowler passed away in 2007, so there's no way for me to verify the origins of the cap, I was told that the seller was a good source, so I picked it up.

I'm confused about the snapback?

sportsnbikes
12-27-2014, 10:48 AM

WOW. That's awesome. Are you from there or moved there?

danesei@yahoo.com
12-27-2014, 07:28 PM
I'm confused about the snapback?

What has you confused about it? The way it was explained to me (by a person not associated with the transaction) is that players could order whatever caps they wanted, snapback, fitted, adjusted, etc, so long as the cap was otherwise uniform to what the team was using in that game.

icollectDCsports
12-27-2014, 08:33 PM
What has you confused about it? The way it was explained to me (by a person not associated with the transaction) is that players could order whatever caps they wanted, snapback, fitted, adjusted, etc, so long as the cap was otherwise uniform to what the team was using in that game.

During the '80s and '90s, some teams wore snapback caps during spring training. I don't know whether or not any teams wore them during the regular season. In fact, I believe some actually had mesh comprise the sides and back of the crowns -- what today we call "trucker" style caps. It's not that clear, but Getty Images image 51639907 appears to show such smapback Royals cap as I think you can see the hair bulging out above the snap. At least that's the way it looks to me.

danesei@yahoo.com
12-28-2014, 12:01 PM
During the '80s and '90s, some teams wore snapback caps during spring training. I don't know whether or not any teams wore them during the regular season. In fact, I believe some actually had mesh comprise the sides and back of the crowns -- what today we call "trucker" style caps. It's not that clear, but Getty Images image 51639907 appears to show such smapback Royals cap as I think you can see the hair bulging out above the snap. At least that's the way it looks to me.

I think (though I'm probably wrong), that the mesh hats didn't have the puffy material in front that most expect with trucker hats, though.

sportsnbikes
01-01-2015, 02:43 PM

I have just never seen a snapback used in a ML game. Then again, there aren't a ton of hats pictured from the back. I'm no expert. Just something I've never seen.

sportsnbikes
02-13-2015, 08:09 PM
I know I've posted a picture of my Royals bats but there are a few new additions. I just need a Billy Butler and an Aoki to have the entire starting lineup from the 2014 team. I even have bats of 2 reserves in Ibanez and Colon.

A few in this pic are no longer with the team. The Aoki is going to be a tough one.

gorilla777
02-27-2015, 11:23 AM
1980 George Brett Jersey:

From his MVP Season when he hit .390, after chasing the .400 mark late into that season.

Ben

sportsnbikes
02-27-2015, 03:21 PM

From his MVP Season when he hit .390, after chasing the .400 mark late into that season.

Ben

WOW!!! That is perdy!

Does ANYONE have an old Royals jersey they will sell me??????????

Wrigley2010
02-28-2015, 12:08 AM

Ben

Those old Royals jerseys are tough to beat in the looks category! Add the fact that it belonged to Brett and you have an indescribably incredible piece, congrats!

gorilla777
03-12-2015, 06:57 PM
Those old Royals jerseys are tough to beat in the looks category! Add the fact that it belonged to Brett and you have an indescribably incredible piece, congrats!

Thank you, appreciate it!

Ben

MichaelofSF
03-20-2015, 12:07 PM

Ben

Ben, beautiful jersey! Was this the one from Crown Sports?

MichaelofSF
03-20-2015, 12:31 PM
Alex Gordon 2007 game used rookie bat (Royals (Omaha) organization LOA)
Gordon was hailed as the "next George Brett" after winning college player of the year in 2005 and the minor league player of the year in 2006. While Gordon struggled out of the gates, he has become a Gold Glove winning, All Star Left Fielder. My Alex Gordon collection used to be alot bigger but the only Gordon bat that I have left in my collection is this rookie gamer. The bat has MLB authentication sticker on it. I originally obtained this bat on a fundraising auction on eBay from the Omaha Royals.

Gordon used Lousville Slugger non signature model bats for his entire rookie campaign. The C243 model is what I primarily saw him using. In early mid 2008, I think around the end of May, Gordon began using signature models. In his rookie year Gordon also used all black and all light colored bats mostly. Some of his early models (2006 minors and early 2007) have a tape brim around the end of the handle. Gordon has mainly used two-tone colored bats over the majority of his career.

This particular bat was last used and broken on July 25th against the Yankees. I have never seen a Royals player who breaks more bats than Gordon.

MichaelofSF
03-21-2015, 12:03 AM
Forgot to add that on the Gordon game used bats that I have handled his number is typically on both the knob and end of barrel. Here is his "7" from his rookie year

MichaelofSF
03-21-2015, 12:12 AM
Carlos Beltran 1999 game used rookie bat
this bat is from Beltran's 1999 rookie of the year campaign. As a switch hitter, Beltran's bats typically show use on both the right of the label and left of the label. This bat shows lighter use for Beltran with a few seam marks present on the barrel. Beltran wore #36 his rookie year before switching to #15 his sophomore year.

MichaelofSF
03-21-2015, 12:21 AM
Carlos Beltran 2000-2001 game used cracked bat (likely 2000)
Here is another early career Beltran bat. This shows more use on both sides of the barrel. Also of note is the number switch to 15

MichaelofSF
03-27-2015, 10:47 AM
more bats.....
Kevin Seitzer 1986-89 era game used cracked bat
I am not an expert on Kevin Seitzer bats as this is the first Seitzer bat that I have handled. As a kid I didn't love Seitzer because he started playing 3rd base which was to me, George Brett's position. Seitzer had a productive few years for the Royals, he was in All Star in his rookie year and finished second in the ROY voting. As a fan I thought Seitzer's work as hitting coach for the Royals was superb as he helped turn Alex Gordon's career around.

On the bat there is a small crack on the handle. Ball and usage marks are present on the left barrel. I won this bat at auction and during my research the bat seemed to be consistent with photos of Seitzer from that era.

MichaelofSF
03-27-2015, 01:30 PM
Mike Sweeney 2001 game used Rawlings bat (cracked)
Sweeney came up to the bigs as a doubles machine. He was Captain of the Royals for part of his tenure there and this year was elected into the Royals Hall of Fame. The first time I met Sweeney was before a Spring Training game at Surprise. Sweeney was so nice that my friend and I joked that he was Ned Flanders. I always wondered if he really was that nice. After spending some time with Sweeney at Fantasy Camp I can honestly say that he is as nice as his reputation is.

About the bat... This is a 2001 Rawlings made Mike Sweeney bat. There is the slightest crack present right near the label and silver strip. Ball marks are present to the left side of the label as well as somewhat on the backside of the bat. Pine tar present just below the label. In 2001 Sweeney was an All Star and batted .304 with 29 HR, 46 doubles, 99 RBI and 97 R.

sportsnbikes
03-27-2015, 04:50 PM
Man where do you get this stuff at? I never see ANYTHING like the stuff you post. Very nice items.

MichaelofSF
03-27-2015, 05:47 PM
Man where do you get this stuff at? I never see ANYTHING like the stuff you post. Very nice items.

Jeff,
Mostly auction houses, team auctions, and ebay. Occasionally I'll pick something up on the forum here. Just hope Leigh or Wes start posting some stuff too. They both have some really great Royals items in their collections.

MichaelofSF
03-27-2015, 06:00 PM
1989 Bret Saberhagen game used road jersey

1989 was an odd numbered year, so it was a great year for Sabes. He went 23-6 with a 2.16 ERA. As a kid this was one of my favorite seasons as the Royals were still competitive and Sabes was battling Dave Stewart for the Cy Young.

I obtained this jersey from the 2012 Hunt All Star game auction. We had previously discussed this jersey here (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=47240&highlight=saberhagen) . I had missed out on this jersey on ebay but it had had it's name restored and auctioned off for me to win it. Some pilling is present near the chest velcro.

The interesting thing about this jersey is that in 1989 Rawlings was the jersey supplier for the Royals, but this jersey is a Wilson made jersey. An easy way to spot the Wilson and Rawlings jerseys is by the number fonts. Sabes wore both Wilson and Rawlings that year. He was wearing the Wilson when he won his Royals record 23rd win in Oakland. Unfortunately I didn't win the SCP auction for the 1989 Saberhagen glove as that was a beauty. The two baseball cards show the Wilson and Rawlings styles

So I was talking to Sabes this year at Royals Fantasy Camp about the whole Wilson/Rawlings 1989 jersey thing to know what the reason why was. He didn't remember or even notice. I did pick his brain some about his equipment. Sabes remembered that he started hemming his jerseys because he said he hated the front tail. He couldn't exactly remember when this started. In his Royals days he didn't do this but some time around 1994 in my observations his jerseys start to show this.

Sabes also said that he used to change undershirts every inning because he would sweat alot. I missed out on his 1989 game used glove that he auctioned off with SCP last year but started talking with him about his gloves. He said that he started having his gloves made with sweat bands because of his profuse sweating. He said the first year the band smelled so bad from use that in subsequent years they started making the glove so that the band could be changed out. He also said he used to tip his curveball by extending his finger on his glove so he started having a finger hood placed on his glove. This was all pretty interesting stuff to me to hear from the source.

sportsnbikes
03-27-2015, 10:30 PM
Jeff,
Mostly auction houses, team auctions, and ebay. Occasionally I'll pick something up on the forum here. Just hope Leigh or Wes start posting some stuff too. They both have some really great Royals items in their collections.

I must not be going to the right auction houses...lol.

sportsnbikes
03-27-2015, 10:32 PM
So I was talking to Sabes this year at Royals Fantasy Camp about the whole Wilson/Rawlings 1989 jersey thing to know what the reason why was. He didn't remember or even notice. I did pick his brain some about his equipment. Sabes remembered that he started hemming his jerseys because he said he hated the front tail. He couldn't exactly remember when this started. In his Royals days he didn't do this but some time around 1994 in my observations his jerseys start to show this.

Sabes also said that he used to change undershirts every inning because he would sweat alot. I missed out on his 1989 game used glove that he auctioned off with SCP last year but started talking with him about his gloves. He said that he started having his gloves made with sweat bands because of his profuse sweating. He said the first year the band smelled so bad from use that in subsequent years they started making the glove so that the band could be changed out. He also said he used to tip his curveball by extending his finger on his glove so he started having a finger hood placed on his glove. This was all pretty interesting stuff to me to hear from the source.

That's good stuff!!!

MichaelofSF
03-27-2015, 11:14 PM
Johnny Damon game used Cooper broken (repaired) early Royals era bat (pre 2000)
This bat was likely used earlier in Damon's career. There are many ball marks throughout the barrel of the bat. American League baseball ink transfers can be seen on the barrel which dates this bat to his Royals days (AL specific baseballs used through 1999). From researching this bat Johnny Damon had tape jobs on his handles at times between 1996-1998 (possible other years but haven't seen). His handle tape job appeared most in photographs in 1997. Below is a picture of Damon using a similar Cooper model bat. The baseball card is a 1996 baseball card. The picture however is likely from Spring Training of 1996, rather than 1995 (Damon wore #51 in 1995), as Damon's #18 is present on the end of the barrel and Damon is wearing a BP jersey (spring training). If I had to guess when this bat was from I would guess 1996, and if not 1996, then 1997.

When I came in to possession of this bat it was already repaired. You can see in the pictures the fracture line going to the end of the barrel.

MichaelofSF
03-27-2015, 11:37 PM
Johnny Damon 1998 game used Rawlings bat (cracked)
This 1998 Damon bat also has his tape job that was seen on some of his bats from 1996-99. There is a very slight crack above the tape and below the silver line on the bat. The crack is very similar to the crack on the Sweeney bat posted. I am not too familiar with Rawlings bats, I wonder if this is a normal kind of crack for Rawlings bats. Most of the ball marks are on the right side of the label. A seam mark and some wear marks are seen on the underside of the barrel. Damon's #18 is written on both the knob and the cupped end of the barrel. In 1998 Damon batted .277 with 18 HR 104 R and 66 RBIs. The two pictures of Damon below are from 1997 and 1998 showing Rawlings bats with similar tape jobs. The last pic is from Spring Training of 1999

CampWest
03-29-2015, 10:40 AM
more bats.....
Kevin Seitzer 1986-89 era game used cracked bat
I am not an expert on Kevin Seitzer bats as this is the first Seitzer bat that I have handled. As a kid I didn't love Seitzer because he started playing 3rd base which was to me, George Brett's position. Seitzer had a productive few years for the Royals, he was in All Star in his rookie year and finished second in the ROY voting. As a fan I thought Seitzer's work as hitting coach for the Royals was superb as he helped turn Alex Gordon's career around.

On the bat there is a small crack on the handle. Ball and usage marks are present on the left barrel. I won this bat at auction and during my research the bat seemed to be consistent with photos of Seitzer from that era.

beautiful Seitzer bat... looks perfect. I felt the same way as a teenager about George moving to first, though the way Seitzer hit that year, I got over it pretty quickly.

These are my two Seitzer items. Unfortunately neither are from his time with the Royals technically, as the bat was taken with him to Milwaukee and has his Brewers #20 on the knob.

Oops, I'll have to get back to you with the pics of the Seitzer bat, but it looks similar to this other Royals bat he took with him.

sportsnbikes
03-30-2015, 11:09 PM
Picked up this Carlos bat. It has some really good use. I have a good lead on a match but not much hope. Just not a lot of pictures out there. I resized these pics too small...oops.

sportsnbikes
04-02-2015, 08:08 PM
Picked up this pounded Hosmer GU helmet from 2013. I have it photomatched. I have to sit down and get the good screen captures. I'm very happy to add this.

sportsnbikes
04-02-2015, 08:23 PM
Forgot to add that on the Gordon game used bats that I have handled his number is typically on both the knob and end of barrel. Here is his "7" from his rookie year

I had the opportunity to purchase what was supposedly a rookie Alex LS bat with block letters for his name. I didn't purchase because the knob was missing the 7.

gorilla777
04-02-2015, 09:12 PM
Ben, beautiful jersey! Was this the one from Crown Sports?

Thank you, Michael and yes, that is it.

Ben

sportsnbikes
04-03-2015, 08:11 PM
Not quite the same angle but you can see the 2 places on the helmet where the pieces are missing. I was kind of lazy on the matches. They aren't too fancy.

Wrigley2010
04-04-2015, 12:29 AM
Picked up this Carlos bat. It has some really good use. I have a good lead on a match but not much hope. Just not a lot of pictures out there. I resized these pics too small...oops.

Great looking Beltran bat, thanks for sharing.

CampWest
04-04-2015, 12:40 PM
Nice helmet Jeff. I remember watching games when Hos was wearing that helmet.

CampWest
04-04-2015, 02:32 PM
Tired of Chu getting on my case for not posting stuff... so here are a few items...

1983 George Brett - cracked, doesn't have much pine tar but does show a good amount of ball marks and seam impressions. Came from a Mariners clubhouse guy during a 4 game series in Seattle from 9/26/1983-9/29/1983. Two months after the infamous pine tar game. I heard a recounting of the pine tar game once that George said after the pine tar game he went sparse on the tar for a while, maybe that explains the light tar and also it is well documented that he cleaned up the actual pine tar game bat with alcohol and a cloth and may have done that to other bats as well to keep them below the 18 inch mark. And a picture of me and George the day he signed the bat for me.

CampWest
04-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Late 70s, circa 1978, cleats used by George Brett. George had an endorsement deal with Spotbilt in the late 70s early 80s, before switching to Puma in mid 80s and Nike in late 80s.

CampWest
04-04-2015, 03:02 PM
This is probably my favorite Billy Butler bat. It is photo-matched to games from 9/7/2009 through 9/11/2009.

Photo-matched to 5th inning and 8th inning HRs on 9/7/2009 - 3 for 4 with 2 HRs (Career #35 & 36).

Photo matched to 9/9/2009 - 3 for 5 with 3 doubles (#45 on Season & Career Double #90).

Based on the hits with this bat, Billy won AL Player of the Week on 9/14/2009 and he also won AL Player of the Month.

With the three Double game on 9/9/2009 became first player since at least 1900 to have 4 3-Double games in a single season. I have the bats from two of those four games.

sportsnbikes
04-04-2015, 03:06 PM
Nice helmet Jeff. I remember watching games when Hos was wearing that helmet.

Thanks Wes. I actually thought I had it matched to the game we sat on the PPP against the Marlins at first. But it wasn't it.

Great items as always that you posted. I can't wait to own a Brett anything!

CampWest
04-04-2015, 03:20 PM
With the three Double game on 9/9/2009 became first player since at least 1900 to have 4 3-Double games in a single season. I have the bats from two of those four games.

here is the second of my 3-double game bats from 8/8/2009... broken 8/11/2009. Note the crushed in cupped end and the slivered handle, then check out the series of photos from the game capture. I'm not sure why Billy was trying to fix the cupped end, but I love the face he made and how hard he tried to salvage this bat... I'm not sure if the handle was not cracked yet or if he didn't notice because he fouled off the next pitch as well and you can see he took the pieces to the bat boy and got a new bat.

CampWest
04-04-2015, 03:55 PM
Al Cowens game used glove. AC played six seasons with the Royals from 1974-1979. His best season came in 1977 when he won a Gold Glove award and finished second to Rod Carew in the MVP vote based on his .312/23/112 season plus 14 triples playing in all 162 games. That 1977 team is widely regarded as the best team the Royals have ever fielded. Despite a slow start at 21-23 through May, the team finished 102-60, with a torrid 25-5 September and was the favorite to win it all going into the playoffs.

Though this glove was definitely used during his Seattle year's I have been unable to determine when it first went into use.

The glove is marked pretty thoroughly... Cowens is written on the thumb, AC is written on the wrist, the #16 added above the W thumb logo and then there is some other pen ink markings including "EiE" and a trapezoid or something. I've not figured out any meaning to those last two.

When I purchased the glove, I found the attached note detailing how the gift was obtained from AC's son, Purvis, an interesting piece of provenance...

CampWest
04-04-2015, 04:20 PM
2012 Alex Gordon batting helmet used for essentially the entire as near as I can tell. I had photomatched the helmet from May 11th to September 25th. The distinctive marks on the ear flap make the process pretty simple. Alex is known to, superstitiously, use a single hat or helmet for as long as possible... teammates have stolen his hat from him because of the stench it puts off after 150 games of sweat. On the flip side he seems to break a bat every night.

Also, my first ever photo-match to a FatHead, but I've not bit the bullet and purchased it.

CampWest
04-04-2015, 04:30 PM
I also have a bat that goes with that helmet, broken on 9/29/2012 (err, I should update the above)... I'm not aware of anything special occurring with this bat, but it is a nice photo-matched bat from the season Alex hit 51 doubles, leading all of MLB.

CampWest
04-04-2015, 04:31 PM
I also have a bat that goes with that helmet, broken on 9/29/2012 (err, I should update the above)... I'm not aware of anything special occurring with this bat, but it is a nice photo-matched bat from the season Alex hit 51 doubles, leading all of MLB.

oops... photo

CampWest
04-04-2015, 04:38 PM
Last one for today...

Hosmer game used Home Run bat. I purchased this at FanFest a couple years ago and had it HR photomatched while standing in an autograph line that ended up being Hosmer... bat was already signed, but still was fun to show him.

Career HR #49.

Also it has a really cool, full Rawlings ink transfer.

CampWest
04-04-2015, 04:59 PM
Okay, one more quick one...

A pair of Big John Mayberry 1976 BiCentennials ... Named Big John for his 6'3 215lb frame, that nowadays would not seem normal. Despite playing 161 games in 1976, it was one of Big John's least successful years at the plate hitting a paltry .232 with just 13 homeruns.

By contrast, in 1975, Big John finished second to Boston's Fred Lynn by a lopsided margin of 326 to 157.
Lynn 331/21/105 401 OBP 963 OPS
John 291/34/106 416 OBP 967 OPS
maybe that vote could have easily gone the other way. :rolleyes:

On a personal note, I've gotten to know Big John pretty well the past few years and I've been luckily to meet up with him a number of times to play catch and take some swings in the batting cages. He is one of the funniest guys you will ever meet. Absolutely one of my favorite people I've ever come across.

CampWest
04-04-2015, 05:07 PM
photo of me and John from January, was too large and didn't stick the first time...

sportsnbikes
04-04-2015, 10:56 PM
Okay, one more quick one...

A pair of Big John Mayberry 1976 BiCentennials ... Named Big John for his 6'3 215lb frame, that nowadays would not seem normal. Despite playing 161 games in 1976, it was one of Big John's least successful years at the plate hitting a paltry .232 with just 13 homeruns.

By contrast, in 1975, Big John finished second to Boston's Fred Lynn by a lopsided margin of 326 to 157.
Lynn 331/21/105 401 OBP 963 OPS
John 291/34/106 416 OBP 967 OPS
maybe that vote could have easily gone the other way. :rolleyes:

On a personal note, I've gotten to know Big John pretty well the past few years and I've been luckily to meet up with him a number of times to play catch and take some swings in the batting cages. He is one of the funniest guys you will ever meet. Absolutely one of my favorite people I've ever come across.

Oh Wes you know you want to come off one of these John sticks!

Masimen
04-06-2015, 10:05 PM
Couple of late 80's Brett bats.

CampWest
04-07-2015, 09:01 AM

Beauties... :eek:

CampWest
04-12-2015, 11:38 AM
Its been well documented that Alex Gordon gets attached to his uniforms and will use an article until it is unusable. Case in point, here is an article from last year's World Series run that discusses how disgusting Alex's hat got during the 2014 season. http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2014/10/25/99529414/alex-gordon-hasnt-washed-his-hat-all-season-douses-it-with-body-spray-instead

This is not the 2014 hat, but it is a rookie year 2007 game worn hat that seems to indicate that Alex has had this "attachment complex" since the beginning of his career. The hat has the #7 written on the inside which Alex only wore in his rookie season and has been signed with the 7 inscription as well as "GAME USED". The hat came directly from Rich Altman at Hollywood Collectibles, who for a long time had an exclusive deal with Alex.

Alex played 151 games in 2007 at age 23. Owing to his athleticism, he moved around quite a bit logging innings in 137 games at third base, 32 games at first and 1 game at shortstop. This hat is filthy and has all the wear, sweat and grime you'd expect of an Alex Gordon hat worn when he was primarily playing third and first.

sportsnbikes
04-15-2015, 09:34 AM

WOW!! Those are freaking SWEET!

sportsnbikes
04-15-2015, 10:46 AM
I got another Royals base this year for Opening Day. This is 1st base, 1st inning. I love the jewels. This marks a special base though because my fiancé and I were married in an opening day ceremony at Kaufman Stadium during our yearly OD tailgate party. I added a few links just in case you wanted to share in our little moment.

http://www.foxsports.com/kansas-city/story/opening-day-of-matrimony-couple-ties-knot-outside-the-k-040615

http://www.kctv5.com/story/28735208/royals-fans-tie-the-knot-at-kauffman-stadium

http://fox4kc.com/2015/04/06/couples-ties-the-knot-in-the-parking-lot-of-the-k/

sportsnbikes
04-15-2015, 10:48 AM
Its been well documented that Alex Gordon gets attached to his uniforms and will use an article until it is unusable. Case in point, here is an article from last year's World Series run that discusses how disgusting Alex's hat got during the 2014 season. http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2014/10/25/99529414/alex-gordon-hasnt-washed-his-hat-all-season-douses-it-with-body-spray-instead

This is not the 2014 hat, but it is a rookie year 2007 game worn hat that seems to indicate that Alex has had this "attachment complex" since the beginning of his career. The hat has the #7 written on the inside which Alex only wore in his rookie season and has been signed with the 7 inscription as well as "GAME USED". The hat came directly from Rich Altman at Hollywood Collectibles, who for a long time had an exclusive deal with Alex.

Alex played 151 games in 2007 at age 23. Owing to his athleticism, he moved around quite a bit logging innings in 137 games at third base, 32 games at first and 1 game at shortstop. This hat is filthy and has all the wear, sweat and grime you'd expect of an Alex Gordon hat worn when he was primarily playing third and first.

That's a filthy hat. I almost bought that but wanted to hold out for a jersey. Us poor folk have to be picky...lol.

MichaelofSF
04-17-2015, 02:08 AM
Really nice items guys! Thanks Wes, Jeff and Steve for posting. Always great to see some Brett gamers. Love those batting helmets Wes and Jeff. I was eyeing that Gordo hat for a while but never pulled the trigger, I'm sure it smells real good.

Guttapercha
04-17-2015, 09:13 AM
MLB Authenicated Yordano Ventura game used jersey. Worn on June 5th, 2014. During game he got his first career win at Kauffman Stadium.

MichaelofSF
04-17-2015, 09:31 AM
MLB Authenicated Yordano Ventura game used jersey. Worn on June 5th, 2014. During game he got his first career win at Kauffman Stadium.

Really sweet Ventura jersey I was wondering who currently owned that one. Definitely a great one to have from his rookie year. The Royals never auctioned off his JRD jersey last year when he got his first career win so I am guessing he has that one. His first career home win is awesome. Guttapercha are you an endodontist?

Guttapercha
04-17-2015, 02:19 PM
yep. Are you a dentist? Not many people would know that reference.

sportsnbikes
04-18-2015, 12:38 AM
FINALLY got a decent Butler bat. I picked this up tonight at Kaufman. They had about 15 game issued bats on sale and 2 that showed good use. he price was right so I grabbed the only one of the 2 that was authenticated. I figured at the price they were selling at, the sticker would only be for the autograph. It ended up being authenticated to a single. The bat is cracked but I don't care. I'm just happy to get it.

Now if I can score an Aoki from his time with the Royals, I will have a bat from every starting member of the 2014 WS squad.

CampWest
04-18-2015, 09:41 AM
FINALLY got a decent Butler bat.

Nice pickup... how about a photo-match??? Here ya go...

CampWest
04-18-2015, 10:03 AM
Nice pickup... how about a photo-match??? Here ya go...

Here is what appears to be a shot of the broken bat die a hero single

sportsnbikes
04-18-2015, 07:21 PM
Here is what appears to be a shot of the broken bat die a hero single

That's completely awesome! Thanks a ton!!! I'll have to do some clipping tonight!

red33sox
04-20-2015, 06:08 PM
FINALLY got a decent Butler bat. I picked this up tonight at Kaufman. They had about 15 game issued bats on sale and 2 that showed good use. he price was right so I grabbed the only one of the 2 that was authenticated. I figured at the price they were selling at, the sticker would only be for the autograph. It ended up being authenticated to a single. The bat is cracked but I don't care. I'm just happy to get it.

Now if I can score an Aoki from his time with the Royals, I will have a bat from every starting member of the 2014 WS squad.

HI there- Going to KC in July. Would you mind sharing with me how to grab some of their game used or issued bats?
pjlepak AT sbcglobal DOT net

TigersCubs84
04-20-2015, 06:59 PM
Just go to the game and walk in the game used store! Not that tough!

sportsnbikes
04-20-2015, 09:02 PM
HI there- Going to KC in July. Would you mind sharing with me how to grab some of their game used or issued bats?
pjlepak AT sbcglobal DOT net

What kind of stuff are you looking for?

sportsnbikes
04-20-2015, 10:23 PM
I started to compile several pictures of Royals players, jerseys, bats and etc. I added them all to a Pinterest board. I am going to keep added them whenever I come across them. Feel free to use them as a reference, photo matching, just to look at or whatever. There aren't a ton right now but will be adding as I go along. Here is the link.

https://www.pinterest.com/jeffhurtman/

gorilla777
04-21-2015, 11:02 AM

This jersey is being sold on eBay already?

CampWest
04-22-2015, 01:45 PM
This jersey is being sold on eBay already?

Yeah, it was listed on ebay the same day as he posted it here... :rolleyes:

tigerdale
05-19-2015, 05:24 AM
Three game used World Series bats from 2014...Cain, Dyson, & Infante!

MichaelofSF
07-19-2015, 04:52 PM
Nice bats Dale, thanks for sharing.

1986 David Cone game used rookie jersey

Another Royals Cy Young winner here. 1986 was Cone's rookie year. He was traded away to the Mets for the 87 season but returned to KC in 1993. He won a Cy Young in the 1994 season (If anyone has a 1994 Cone game used jersey let me know).

The jersey is made by Wilson. This jersey was possibly worn during his ML debut. I cannot verify this at all, but Cone made his debut at home. I have attached some screen shots from video of his debut. Unfortunately the game wasn't in HD.

Yesterday I was able to show David Cone his 1986 rookie jersey. He was participating in American Century's Gold Tournament in Lake Tahoe all week. I brought his rookie jersey to the course. David recognized it and came over to me. He commented that it was a real old jersey and was gracious enough to autograph it. When he said he would sign it he even allowed me to set up a makeshift table (recycling can lid on recycle bin) and took his time to do so. I walked the course a few holes with his group and can say that it was a pleasure interacting with him.

ndevlin
07-19-2015, 05:24 PM
Nice Michael. I haven't met Cone before but he appears to be pretty nice with the fans.

That being said, I am looking to add to my '87 thru '93 jersey collection if anyone has any they would like to sell/trade. I would prefer they be lower end and I'm ok if the NOB is removed.

esigs
08-01-2015, 02:15 PM
My first jersey that is really dirty. From 7/25/15 Los Reales game, where Paulo Orlando had a delayed steal of second, and scored the winning run on Escobar's bloop to shallow right. The top left picture shows him on second, while the top right picture is from the post game interview. What do you guys think? Is it a photo match? 😁

Kdixon
08-08-2015, 01:36 PM
Paul Splittorff 1983. Larry Gura 1978 later used by Jacksonville team. Gura was 16-4 that year and won only game for KC in the playoffs that year. Wil Myers game used hat from 2012 All Star Futures game purchased from MLB at Fanfest in KC. John Morris Jersey.

sportsnbikes
08-08-2015, 09:28 PM
Very nice jerseys man. Love the Splitt.

sportsnbikes
08-08-2015, 09:41 PM
Picked up 5 game used bats from the 1982 season. The highlight is of course the Frank White complete with the smiley face on the knob. I tweeted Frank several months back about the smiley face and he confirmed that's how he labeled all of his stuff.

The other bats are Hal McCrae, John Wathan, Jamie Quirk and Dennis Werth.

sportsnbikes
08-08-2015, 09:43 PM
Forgot the picture with all 5.

sportsnbikes
08-11-2015, 10:28 PM
Nice Michael. I haven't met Cone before but he appears to be pretty nice with the fans.

That being said, I am looking to add to my '87 thru '93 jersey collection if anyone has any they would like to sell/trade. I would prefer they be lower end and I'm ok if the NOB is removed.

WOW dude...you have a great collection. I am absolutely in love with the Blue Appier. I tried buying a 94 jersey

sportsnbikes
08-11-2015, 10:29 PM
WOW dude...you have a great collection. I am absolutely in love with the Blue Appier. I tried buying a 94 jersey

Not sure what happened but I tried buying a 94 jersey one time but was outbid.

sportsnbikes
08-11-2015, 10:31 PM
Nice bats Dale, thanks for sharing.

Yesterday I was able to show David Cone his 1986 rookie jersey. He was participating in American Century's Gold Tournament in Lake Tahoe all week. I brought his rookie jersey to the course. David recognized it and came over to me. He commented that it was a real old jersey and was gracious enough to autograph it. When he said he would sign it he even allowed me to set up a makeshift table (recycling can lid on recycle bin) and took his time to do so. I walked the course a few holes with his group and can say that it was a pleasure interacting with him.

Cone is definitely a super nice guy. He's very down to earth.

TBM
09-07-2015, 01:33 AM
Hey guys, new member here. Gotta say I am loving this site and in particular this thread. I've got some Royals game used stuff I would like to share, nothing as good as what I have seen here though. I have been a Royals fan all my life and have picked up a few things here and there.

This is my favorite ball. It is from the very first playoff game I have ever been to, 2014 ALDS game 3 at the K. When I bought this ball, from the authentics store at the time of the game, I just wanted a ball that had been used for more than a pitch in dirt, or passed ball as many of the ones on sale were. I found one and snatched it up before the person behind me could. Little did I realize the historical importance of this ball. It was not until the next day that I was able to look into the ball a bit more. This was the first and second pitched ball used in an ALDS game at the K. It was the first ball put into play, and involved in the first out recorded. This ball was pitched by James Shields to Kole Calhoun with Salvador Perez as the catcher. First pitch was a ball. Second pitch Calhoun hit to center fielder Lorenzo Cain for the out. The ball then gets passed around the infield until it makes its way back to Shields. You can then see Sheilds trying to get the attention of Perez. Shields throws it to Perez and it gets tossed out of play as Mike Trout steps to the plate. The next ball put into play was a Mike Trout Home Run that went into the fountains.

I will post more in the coming days. Lets Keep this thread going....

TBM
09-07-2015, 05:57 PM
I was just at the final Omaha Storm Chasers game of the 2015 season and was able to come away with a couple of nice hats. The first one is a 2015 Balbino Fuenmayor player worn hat. This was obtained directly from the Storm Chasers team store. May not be a gamer per say, but still a nice hat from a top Royals prospect and 2015 Futures game participant.

TBM
09-07-2015, 06:25 PM
Here is another great Storm Chasers hat. Picked this one up from the team store also. 2015 Brandon Finnegan player worn hat. Still may not be considered a gamer hat, but, Brandon was one of my favorite Royals prospects and I was elated to get this hat. I still don't like the fact that they traded him away. Heck Guthrie could have lost four in row just as well as Cueto has and still had Finnegan sitting in the bullpen. I know, I know maybe Cueto will snap out of it and those few quality starts he had were nice to watch, but I digress. Here is the hat:

TBM
09-07-2015, 06:45 PM
Another hat I picked up from the Storm Chasers store. This one I got mainly because of the personal significance I have with the player. This is a hat worn by catcher Micah Gibbs. Micah went between AA Northwestern Arkansas Naturals and AAA Omaha Storm Chasers in 2015. On September 6, 2015 he became the first position player in three years to pitch for the Storm Chasers. But that is not why the hat has so much personal significance to me. On August 1, 2015 the Omaha Storm Chasers had a turn-back-the-clock night where they wore the old Omaha Royals jerseys. They also conducted an auction during the game where the winners got the jersey off the players back. I won Micah's jersey that night. It was a hot and humid evening and being the catcher every thread of that jersey was soaked with sweat. He did not want to sign it because it may have bled out. So we agreed on a time and place to meet at the ballpark before the game the next day. I set the jersey out over night to dry and took it to the game the next day. Sure enough he was there and signed my jersey. I was also able to get a ball for my five year old son. Micah, your a class act in my book. Ill go more into the story when I post the pics of the jersey, but now I have a hat to go with the jersey. Here is the hat:

TBM
09-07-2015, 06:57 PM
Final hat for now anyway. I think I saved the best for last too. This player spent nine years in the minors trying to get to the majors. When he finally arrived he get there with a bang. He became the first player in MLB history to hit five triples in his fist seven at bats. This is a 2013 Paulo Orlando Game used hat. This hat was from the first of two consecutive seasons where the Storm Chasers won the national championships. In 2015 Paulo bounced between AAA Storm Chasers and the Royals. He is a fan favorite for both teams.

sox83cubs84
09-07-2015, 09:53 PM
Sportsnbikes:

When i dealt bats in the 1980s and 1990s, I recall seeing the Frank White smiley face bats a couple of times. I think Jim Gantner of Milwaukee sometines used a smiley face on his bat knobs as well.

Dave Miedema

sportsnbikes
09-08-2015, 10:19 AM
Yep. I wouldn't buy a Frank without one. He responded to me on twitter that he put it on all of his equipment. Good thing for us because it helps us identify them easier.

On another note, it was great to see Frank back on the Field last week for the Franchise 4 after his dispute with the Royals front office.

TBM
09-09-2015, 10:22 PM
Here is a pair of Billy Butler signed batting gloves. These batting gloves are non-authenticated. I did purchase these from the Royals Authentic store in September of 2014. I believe they are game used and they do show some good wear and tear especially on the right hand glove. The index finger shows some good wear. If you have any thoughts on if these are game used or not then please share them, I would be interested in the feedback.

TBM
09-12-2015, 06:40 PM
Here is another hat. This one was used in four games (1,3,6, and 7) of the 2014 World Series. I have always wanted something game used from a World Series and am elated that it is a Royals game used item.

http://http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/omar-infante-of-the-kansas-city-royals-throws-to-first-base-news-photo/458012216

TBM
09-12-2015, 07:32 PM
Forgot to put in there that this is an Omar Infante World Series game used hat.

MUSEOVEN
09-15-2015, 01:26 PM
Salvador Perez Game issued venezuelan jersey :) .-

TBM
09-15-2015, 05:38 PM
Museoven that's a cool jersey to have. That is something you don't see very often or atleast I have not. Thanks for sharing that.

MUSEOVEN
09-15-2015, 06:37 PM
Museoven that's a cool jersey to have. That is something you don't see very often or atleast I have not. Thanks for sharing that.

Thanks ;)

Stanley
09-18-2015, 02:49 PM
http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/Shootingthebreeze/Home%20Office%20006_zps5c037oke.jpghttp://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/Shootingthebreeze/Home%20Office%20009_zpsf236yif8.jpg
Used in the 2014 Season

TBM
09-19-2015, 10:39 PM
Here is a game used set of pants from 2004 Rookie of the Year Angel Berroa. When I bought these I was told that these were from that 2004 season. I do not know if they were really from that year or not. If anyone has any input on the possible year of use please let me know. These pants show good game use on the front and the back with some dirt and maybe light grass stains on them.

sox83cubs84
09-20-2015, 05:53 PM
Here is a game used set of pants from 2004 Rookie of the Year Angel Berroa. When I bought these I was told that these were from that 2004 season. I do not know if they were really from that year or not. If anyone has any input on the possible year of use please let me know. These pants show good game use on the front and the back with some dirt and maybe light grass stains on them.

If they are made by Russell, they are almost certain to be from 2004, as the Royals (and the other MLB teams supplied by Russell) swithced to Majestic for the 2005 season.

Dave Miedema

TBM
09-20-2015, 06:17 PM
Dave,

Thanks for the confirmation on that time frame. I have always wondered about how accurate it was and now I know. Thanks very much and thanks for all the help you provide to all of us!!!!!

MichaelofSF
09-21-2015, 10:02 AM
Welcome Stanley and TBM, thanks for sharing your items!

If they are made by Russell, they are almost certain to be from 2004, as the Royals (and the other MLB teams supplied by Russell) swithced to Majestic for the 2005 season.

Dave Miedema

I would say that the pants were likely issued in 2002. They may have been last worn in 2004, I have no idea. The last two digits on the pant tag I believe is a worn "02." To my knowledge that would indicate the year the pants were issued. Berroa was called up first in September 2001, then again in 2002 and won rookie of the year in 2003. As Dave stated in 2005 the Royals switched off Russell to Majestic. I hope that info helps
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=94607&stc=1&d=1442720289

TBM
09-21-2015, 04:36 PM
Welcome Stanley and TBM, thanks for sharing your items!

I would say that the pants were likely issued in 2002. They may have been last worn in 2004, I have no idea. The last two digits on the pant tag I believe is a worn "02." To my knowledge that would indicate the year the pants were issued. Berroa was called up first in September 2001, then again in 2002 and won rookie of the year in 2003. As Dave stated in 2005 the Royals switched off Russell to Majestic. I hope that info helps

MichaelofSF,
Thanks for more info on the pants. I've never really looked into them very much, because I didn't know how or where, so it's great to get that feedback. Also, yes your right Berroa was 2003 ROY. Don't know why I always think it was 2004. The information and helpful people on here is just so great.

Juicyfruit66
09-21-2015, 10:46 PM
I have john gibbons kansas coach's jersey size 50 rcmp69@hotmail.com

sportsnbikes
09-23-2015, 11:12 AM
I have john gibbons kansas coach's jersey size 50 rcmp69@hotmail.com

OK?

TBM
09-29-2015, 07:53 PM
I was at the two last 2015 Royals home games this last weekend. I saw one terrible game and one awesome game. There was still a lot of great vibes in the air from the central division clinching game. I love going to games at the K. I took my oldest son to both games and the Renaissance fair. I picked up three game used balls. One from Saturdays loss and two from Sundays win. Nothing special about Saturdays ball, I just like to get a ball from every game I go to any more. I will not buy a pitch in the dirt, past ball or foul ball unless that is all that is left. I get balls that have some meaning in the game, been involved in a play, been hit, etc. I have a couple significant balls and don't typically post them as there are lots of them out there. I have posted my 2014 First and second pitch ALDS because it had a great significance.

Like that ALDS ball, This ball has a big significance too. This was a 94MPH fastball from Ryan Webb that was hit by Alex Gordon to the Indians right fielder Lonnie Chisenhall to score Jarrod Dyson from second base for the final run of the game. Not such a big deal right? As soon as I saw Alex hit this ball I knew I had to have it. I watched the ball get handed to the authenticator and during the next inning I went down to the Authentic's store looking for it. I had to wait about 10 minutes as the counter person was tagging them and putting them into the computer. I did not really think about it at the time but as I was buying it I realized this was possibly the ball from Alex Gordon's last at bat as a member of the Kansas City Royals during the regular season at Kauffman Stadium. Not only that but it would also be his last hit and his last RBI (46) as a member of the Kansas City Royals during the regular season at Kauffman Stadium. Alex is up for free agency at the end of the season. He has a player option for 2016 but he will probably turn that down and test free agency. Maybe he will be back next year but we do not know what the future holds. So this ball has a lot of sentimental value. He is from Lincoln, NE the same town I am from, and plays for my favorite team. I have meet him several times and have followed his career since his collage days at UNL. He is my youngest sons favorite player. We saw him play in KC and in Omaha for the Storm Chasers while on a rehab assignment after hurting his leg in July. Hope to see him in a Royals jersey next year even if it means this will not be his last hit/RBI as a Royal at Kauffman stadium during the regular season.

I also picked up Francisco Lindor's bunt single in the top of the 7th inning. That was the first of two hits in the game by the Indians. It also led to the two play reviews during that inning. Lindor would be called out on review for not tagging up at third base before going home. It is the first hit to break up a no hitter that I have ever gotten. It is also a great ball from a 2015 Rookie of the Year candidate. I'm thinking about selling it though so I will not post pic of it yet. If I decide to keep it, I will post it at that time.

Sorry for the wall of text but I don't just enjoy the items. I love the story behind them as well.

TBM
09-30-2015, 10:23 PM
I made a new post for this bat earlier (Players first major league home run bats) but figured I would get it in the Royals thread also.

I went to the last two Royals home games of the 2015 regular season. I had been wanting an Eric Hosmer game used bat but I found a diamond in the ruff instead. I had been communicating with the Royals Authentics store for a couple weeks trying to line up a Hosmer gamer. I had no success, but had my heart set on a GU bat. On the last two home games of the season I attended a game on Saturday and Sunday. Before the Saturday game I got out my phone and started looking up all the MLB authentication numbers on the wall of GU bats. I wanted a bat that was used to get some kind of hit and not just a foul ball. I found a nice Mike Moustakas bat that was authenticated with a hit on it. I was so close to getting it but decided not to. I would sleep on it and maybe they would have a Hosmer bat out the next day.
On Sunday, We were the first ones in line and when the gates opened we made a bee line to the authentics store. There were no new bats. So I once again started going through the bats that were there and kept coming back to the Moustakas bat. I decided to again wait. In the last innings of the game I went back to the store. I got a couple balls and started looking at the bats again. I once again had the Moustakas bat in hand and once again I put it back. It was just too much even if it had a hit authenticated on it.
I started going through some bats from other players and finally settled in on a Paulo Orlando bat. I zeroed in on it because it was used during a game at Wrigley Field. It was authenticated to a ground out on a pitch by Jake Arrieta on May 29, 2015 in which the bat was broken from the impact. The bat was signed and it looked like it had gone through hell. It was plastered with ball and cleat marks. Paulo has become one of my favorite players. I have seen him in Omaha with the Royals triple A team the Storm Chasers as well as in KC. He has even signed a ball for me during one of the games. This bat faced a possible Cy Young candidate, for this season, and did not survive. I figured with as messed up as this bat was that it had to have some other games on it. So I bought it.
When I got home I looked back at the game footage on MLB.TV. I always like to look at the game footage that my items were used in. I then started to wonder what other games this bat may have been used in. I looked at the box scores for previous games and started to watch the parts of the game where Paulo was up to bat. I got to the May 26 game against the Yankees and went a little far in looking for his at bat. I heard the audio first. Paulo Orlando hit his first career home run. I was floored, was it hit with the bat I now own? “Please, Please, Please, Please” I am shaking and muttering to myself. Finally I get a nice close up of the bat and there are the familiar marks that were the reason I bought the bat for. Unmistakable, Undeniable and clear as day. I went outside and started to celebrate. I was whooping and hollering, I was so happy and elated. Paulo Orlando had hit his first career major league home run with my bat. He hit it against Andrew Miller at Yankee Stadium. It was also the only run that was scored by the Royals in a 1 – 5 loss.
This is my first Home Run bat, by one of my favorite player on my favorite team. The bat had been used at both Yankee Stadium and Wrigley Field. I have not had time to look more into it but this bat could have been used in a game as far back as May 20 versus the Reds, Cardinals, Yankees, and Cubs. I have to dig more to see how many other hits this bat has on it, if any. I just need the time to do so.
Not only was this Paulo’s first home run it also happened during the Sonic Slam inning and Dewey Collins won $900 on that home run. The first picture shows a screen capture from just before his first home run with a picture of the bat that I overlaid on it.

TBM
09-30-2015, 10:25 PM
More pics of my Paulo Orlando first major league home run bat.

hawkeye8278
10-11-2015, 10:07 AM
Hello all,

Anyone interested in letting any Jason Kendall Royals items go for some $$$?

I'd be interested in anything you guys have.

Thanks!

TBM
10-11-2015, 06:18 PM
Was in KC for the spectacular game 2 of the 2015 ALDS. Royals won over the Astros. I was also able to pick up this Francisco Pena 2014 World Series team issued batting helmet. It shows some good wear. This makes the third 2014 World Series piece in my collection.

Juicyfruit66
10-15-2015, 12:38 AM
The series makes my gibbons royals gamer a pretty cool item

XclickX
10-28-2015, 03:48 AM
Does anyone own a Monarchs hat from the game earlier this year on May 17th? I heard the team auctioned them off during the game. It was a navy hat with a white "KC" logo on the front.

MUSEOVEN
10-28-2015, 09:37 AM
Hello all,

Anyone interested in letting any Jason Kendall Royals items go for some $$$?

I'd be interested in anything you guys have.

Thanks!

Hello i have 2 game used bats of Jason Kendall. My mail is museoven@hotmail.com thanks

CampWest
11-08-2015, 11:29 AM
I recently picked up this 2001 Mike Sweeney home jersey. Its dated to the end of the season with the USA Flag Patch on the back. In 2001, Sweeney played 147 games batting .304/347/542 with 46 Doubles, 29 HR, 99 RBI and even tacked on a career high 10 stolen bases, which earned him a second all star appearance. Though it should have been his third as he was snubbed in his breakout 1999 season. Anyhow, great use on this home jersey celebrating 100 Seasons of the American League.

Picked up the road version of this jersey to complete the home/road set...

TBM
11-19-2015, 11:56 PM
Picked up this jersey earlier in the year. It was from a great play that has been recognized as one of the best plays of the year. The first item I have that has had that kind of recognition. This is Omar Infante's jersey from 7/28/15. Infante grabed a line drive with his glove and backhand flipped it to short stop Escobar who then threw out the runner at first base. The play was the #9 over all web gem of the year on ESPN. Here is a link to the play:

http://m.mlb.com/video/v305485383/kccle-infante-backhand-flips-to-escobar-nabs-perez

sportsnbikes
11-24-2015, 04:00 PM
Picked up 2 new items. A Kendrys Morales Game Used bat from 2015 and an Alex Gordon Game Used batting helmet from 2010. Both are photomatched.

The bat was used for an RBI single against Oakland and the Gordon was used while he hit a HR on 8-1-2010. I had to hire John the photomatcher, who did a great job.

sportsnbikes
12-04-2015, 12:08 PM
Picked up this Rios Game Used Bat the other day. I am 99% sure it was used in Game 5 of the ALDS against Houston. The AB in the 5th inning of game 5 would be the game tying and what would ultimately be the game winning run. As soon as I get a clearer image of the LS logo I will know for sure.

sportsnbikes
12-04-2015, 12:14 PM
Picked up the road version of this jersey to complete the home/road set...

Another nice one Wes. I never even saw this on eBay. Glad you got it!

sportsnbikes
12-07-2015, 10:42 AM
Used in the 2014 Season

That's a sweet set of gear!

sportsnbikes
12-08-2015, 08:54 AM
Where is all the postseason stuff??????? Besides the stuff on Royals auctions.

rj_lucas
12-08-2015, 10:08 AM
Where is all the postseason stuff??????? Besides the stuff on Royals auctions.

Here's an item from a play you might remember :D

The ball from 'Hosmer's Mad Dash' in the 9th Inning of Game 5.

sportsnbikes
12-08-2015, 10:41 AM
Here's an item from a play you might remember :D

The ball from 'Hosmer's Mad Dash' in the 9th Inning of Game 5.

THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

sportsnbikes
12-08-2015, 07:20 PM
Did you get that at auction or buy it at CitiField?

rj_lucas
12-08-2015, 09:45 PM
Did you get that at auction or buy it at CitiField?

I purchased it from MLB right after the Series, before the first set of auctions had ended. Thank goodness. After the Escobar ball went for $19K, I shudder to think what this ball might have sold for.

sportsnbikes
12-09-2015, 07:16 AM
No doubt!! That's a fantastic pickup.

hawkeye8278
12-11-2015, 07:49 AM
Is anyone here planning on attending the 2016 Royals Fan Fest?

If so, let me know...I'm always looking for Jason Kendall gamer items.

Thanks!

sportsnbikes
12-11-2015, 04:47 PM
Is anyone here planning on attending the 2016 Royals Fan Fest?

If so, let me know...I'm always looking for Jason Kendall gamer items.

Thanks!

I'll be going. I usually see coach jerseys for him.

sportsnbikes
12-11-2015, 06:57 PM
I didn't want to post this until I got confirmation that these were what I thought the might be.

Here is a pair of game used Eric Hosmer game used bats. These were both used in game 5 of the World Series. The first one was used during the first half of the game. The first picture with blue ball marks is of that bat. The following 4 pictures are of the bat he used in the top of the ninth and the RBI double to score Cain.

Stanley
12-11-2015, 07:21 PM
Very nice!
And great photo match. Jealous....
Let's go Royals!

sportsnbikes
12-11-2015, 07:55 PM
Very nice!
And great photo match. Jealous....
Let's go Royals!

Lol thanks man. I got extremely lucky. The first bat he didn't get any hits with. The second one though I was just informed that he may have passed Brett for most postseason RBI in Royals history. I'll have to research that one.

sportsnbikes
12-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Well the info wasn't right. Lol. He passed Brett in Game 1.

TigersCubs84
12-11-2015, 08:33 PM
Congrats! Very nice bat. Was going to pick up a Hosmer in KC two years ago, and passed. Big mistake!

Stanley
12-11-2015, 09:01 PM
http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/Shootingthebreeze/Balboni%20001_zpsieoibnix.jpg
Only thing I can do is go back to 1985.....

sportsnbikes
12-11-2015, 09:22 PM
Congrats! Very nice bat. Was going to pick up a Hosmer in KC two years ago, and passed. Big mistake!

I think he's still affordable though compared to some of the other guys. The problem is finding the right one. Lol.

sportsnbikes
12-11-2015, 09:22 PM
http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/Shootingthebreeze/Balboni%20001_zpsieoibnix.jpg
Only thing I can do is go back to 1985.....

Lol the Balboni. Is that one signed?

sportsnbikes
12-11-2015, 09:24 PM
Dang it why did it put the pic??

Stanley
12-11-2015, 09:38 PM
Neither one signed...
But I did bid on that One....It was an early one when his number was 18...

sportsnbikes
12-12-2015, 12:30 AM
Neither one signed...
But I did bid on that One....It was an early one when his number was 18...

I didn't see it up for sale.

MichaelofSF
12-12-2015, 10:43 PM
Sweet pickups everybody. I love the postseason stuff. The Hosmer bats are ridiculous and the ball from the dash is just amazing.

I've been picking up a few Damon bats lately. The first one here is attributed to his rookie year in 1995. Damon wore #51 as a rookie before switching to #18 in 1996. In his later Royals years Damon used primarily Rawlings bats as far as I know. Light tar on the handle present with some ball marks on the barrel. I'm not a Damon bat expert so feel free to drop some knowledge if you know more about this.

MichaelofSF
12-12-2015, 11:12 PM
Johnny Damon game used bat
I can't make out the second number on the date on this bat, I can see a 9 but the second digit is not clear. A crack is present on this handle.

MichaelofSF
12-12-2015, 11:23 PM
Here's another Damon bat
This one is from the year 2000. In 2000 Damon had one of his best seasons. He led the league with 136 Runs, had 214 hits (career high .327 BA), stole 46 bases, hit 16 home runs and knocked in 88 runs. There is some grain separation on the barrel near the name.

TBM
12-13-2015, 01:30 AM
Wow guys those are some great pickups. Love the postseason stuff. Only wish I could afford some of that. Those Hosmer bats are real nice. If you don't mind my asking, where did they come from? Only thing I've been able to afford from the post season so far is a ball from ALDS game 2, Cueto to AL ROY Carlos Correa that was fouled back (I was at that game) and a jar of Kauffman field dirt from WS game 2.

I've got my two day pass tickets to Royals Fan Fest for me and my oldest son. Would like to meet any of you guys there if possible. It would be great to talk to some of you. If anyone is going and wants to meet lets get something set up.

sportsnbikes
12-13-2015, 09:51 AM
Wow guys those are some great pickups. Love the postseason stuff. Only wish I could afford some of that. Those Hosmer bats are real nice. If you don't mind my asking, where did they come from? Only thing I've been able to afford from the post season so far is a ball from ALDS game 2, Cueto to AL ROY Carlos Correa that was fouled back (I was at that game) and a jar of Kauffman field dirt from WS game 2.

I've got my two day pass tickets to Royals Fan Fest for me and my oldest son. Would like to meet any of you guys there if possible. It would be great to talk to some of you. If anyone is going and wants to meet lets get something set up.

My wife and I are going. I'm not sure how much game used or postseason stuff will be there. I would imagine a lot of team issued for postseason/world series. Some game used will be there but not sure what the price will be. I would imagine prices will be higher than years past with the World Series Championship. The few drawbacks of winning; hard to deal with crowds and higher prices across the board. Lol.

sportsnbikes
12-13-2015, 09:53 AM
Those Damon bats are nice. I especially like the black ones...a lot.

MichaelofSF
12-15-2015, 12:25 AM
Paul Splittorff 1983. Larry Gura 1978 later used by Jacksonville team. Gura was 16-4 that year and won only game for KC in the playoffs that year. Wil Myers game used hat from 2012 All Star Futures game purchased from MLB at Fanfest in KC. John Morris Jersey.

Really cool Splitt jersey!

Here is another Hosmer bat, this one is from 2013 (MLB authentication)
This Hosmer bat was last used on 9/28/2013, the last game that Hosmer played in that season. The bat is broken and below is a picture of the bat breaking. Ball marks are primarily on the left of the label on the barrel. There is blue tape on the knob. This bat came directly from the Royals.

sportsnbikes
12-15-2015, 06:41 AM
Love that color combo of the Hos bat.

sox83cubs84
12-15-2015, 09:08 PM
I can't post photos, but I caught a game home run hit by Johnny Damon on the fly at Comiskey Park (front row,, RF seats) in (I believe) 1999 during a Sox loss to KC. It was also my 1200th baseball overall. The game was also notable because Chris Singleton hit for the cycle for the Chisox. I had both players sign the ball.

Dave Miedema

TBM
12-24-2015, 12:23 AM
Here is a 2004 Beltran game used and signed bat. The bat shows good wear on both sides of the bat with a good amount of pine tar on the handle. It also has cleat marks and embedded dirt in the cleat marks. The bat has been through a lot and came out in one piece. There are no breaks in the bat at all. I have not been able to even come close to photo-matching this bat. One of the reasons I purchased this bat is where it came from. It came right from the collection of a former major league player.

In 2004 Carlos Beltran was elected to the AL All-Star team as a starter but was traded shortly there after. The Kansas City Royals then sent Ken Harvey to the 2004 All-Star game. This would be Ken's first and only All-Star game. He got one at bat in which he struck out. This Bat came out of Ken Harvey's collection. He sold off several of his All-Star related items recently. This bat was among those items. Ken was given this bat by Carlos Beltran who also signed it. I still do not know if this bat was from his time With the Royals or with the Astro's or even from the All-Star game. I was a fan of Ken Harvey's from the time he spent with the Nebraska Huskers baseball team and was elated when he signed with the Royals. I like the story behind the bat and the players involved. Any which way I had always wanted a Beltran bat to go with my Carlos Febles bat. Any Royals fan that was around in the early 90's probably remembers "Dos Carlos" from around the stadium. Some good memories there......

sportsnbikes
12-29-2015, 09:33 PM
That's a superb Beltran. I sure hope he gets some HOF consideration but I fear he is going to fall a little bit short when the time comes.