PDA

View Full Version : Pretty sure this is fake

Takuleechch
12-16-2013, 09:51 PM
Can I get some thoughts on this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Muhammad-Ali-Worn-Robe-Game-Used-Boxing-with-Gloves-Clay-SEE-DESCRIPTION-/301045436549?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4617b4d085

A couple things -
-I'm pretty sure this is a very recently made robe.
-You can buy the robes minus the embroidery eBay
- I can't find one example of Ali wearing a robe with the tags on the back
- I'm pretty sure muhammad Jr is estranged from his dad by his wife for trying to get a pair of gloves signed

I messaged them and they said "thanks for the info" but won't edit or end the listing.
The biggest red flag for me - they say they are the pawn shop on "Hardcore Pawn". Those guys are douche bags lol

Thoughts?

HawaiiSportsNut
12-16-2013, 10:33 PM
I wouldn't think that a pawn shop as large as Hardcore Pawn would be dealing with $7-$12 cards on eBay. It doesn't sound right. Someone should try calling Hardcore & see if they are selling the Ali robe on eBay.

Takuleechch
12-16-2013, 11:19 PM
I wouldn't think that a pawn shop as large as Hardcore Pawn would be dealing with $7-$12 cards on eBay. It doesn't sound right. Someone should try calling Hardcore & see if they are selling the Ali robe on eBay.

They are selling official hardcore pawn merchandise too
Have you seen the show? They don't really get high end items there. Not like pawn stars

This robe though.....

Phil316
12-16-2013, 11:43 PM
I have been to that pawn shop on Hardcore Pawn last summer. They actually have some real nice quality stuff. I think they ham it up for the TV show myself. I met the son Seth who sold me a Red Wings gamer. I had a wonderful experience in person. Not sure I would take a chance on a 20,000 item without having it in hand first and doing mega research.

Takuleechch
12-16-2013, 11:56 PM
I have been to that pawn shop on Hardcore Pawn last summer. They actually have some real nice quality stuff. I think they ham it up for the TV show myself. I met the son Seth who sold me a Red Wings gamer. I had a wonderful experience in person. Not sure I would take a chance on a 20,000 item without having it in hand first and doing mega research.

I'm 99% sure this robe was made after Ali's career

Phil316
12-17-2013, 12:22 AM
I'm 99% sure this robe was made after Ali's career

Yeah it very well could be. As we all know homework does not stop after high school and college. I do not collect Ali stuff and am not a boxing fan myself otherwise I would probably attempt to do some research.

Takuleechch
01-15-2014, 02:10 PM
Sent the link to Steve Jackson who is a Ali authenticator. He confirmed this robe was made AFTER Ali's career and could not have been worn in training since it didn't exist.
Pawn Stars have uploaded a pic of Ali wearing the robe....except if you look at the tags it's a different robe....and that pic is a recent pic. Unless Ali secretly trained and fought in the last 10 or so years this is fake
They refuse to edit the listing or take it down

yanks12025
01-31-2014, 12:14 PM
If anyone watched the new episode this past week they had this robe. The person who brought it in and sold it was Ali Jr.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
01-31-2014, 04:41 PM
If anyone watched the new episode this past week they had this robe. The person who brought it in and sold it was Ali Jr.

Still fake...I Dont care if Ali himself sold it to them.

nycpropain
02-02-2014, 07:36 AM
Aew you guys talking about the super fake paawn show where people bring in a nintendo and then scream cause they where not offered $1,000? That show is ooo bad and fake.

Regardless this robe was not a training robe worn by Ali