PDA

View Full Version : Mark Bavaro Eagles Jersey on Ebay

yankees159
12-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Can any Eagles Experts help me out with opinions on this Mark Bavaro jersey on ebay:

www.ebay.com/itm/1994-84-Mark-Bavaro-Signed-Inscribed-Game-Used-Eagles-Jersey-/321276579767?pt=LH_Defaulh=item4acd938fb7

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

sox83cubs84
12-17-2013, 03:15 PM
The photos look good, from what I can see. Sarge92 has been on eBay for years, and comes up with some good NFL items.

Dave Miedema

cohibasmoker
12-17-2013, 10:01 PM
Looks like the jersey is totally original. Look at the letters on the NOB. The letters are painted onto the nameplate - just like the numbers. The Eagles would replace nameplates with locally made nameplates but the locally made plates are easy to identify from the originals because on the locally made nameplates, the letters are heat-pressed onto the nameplate and you can't see through the holes in the letters.

Jim

Neely8
12-18-2013, 10:10 AM
Is it me or does the tagging look mint? I also do not see much for wear on the jersey. And that is quite an impressive Bavaro biography in the description but I'm thinking some more details on the jersey, including wear, would be a little more pertinent.

Phil316
12-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Is it me or does the tagging look mint? I also do not see much for wear on the jersey. And that is quite an impressive Bavaro biography in the description but I'm thinking some more details on the jersey, including wear, would be a little more pertinent.

I tend to agree as well.

Phil316
12-18-2013, 11:42 AM
I will say though 1994 was his last year. He only appeared in 12 games and made 17 receptions all season before retiring.

cohibasmoker
12-19-2013, 07:06 PM

If I had the time, I would research it myself. But lets look at 1994. Mark played in 12 games in 1994. How many games did they wear their white jerseys? Each player had 2 home and 2 road jerseys. he was hurt in 1994 and did not play a whole lot. So, with those factors, how much wear should be on either of his white jerseys?

Below is his totals for 1994.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BavaMa00.htm

genius
12-19-2013, 09:11 PM
If I had the time, I would research it myself. But lets look at 1994. Mark played in 12 games in 1994. How many games did they wear their white jerseys? Each player had 2 home and 2 road jerseys. he was hurt in 1994 and did not play a whole lot. So, with those factors, how much wear should be on either of his white jerseys?

Below is his totals for 1994.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BavaMa00.htm

Sounds like the definition of "light use". As an aside that's my favorite Eagles jersey style!

cohibasmoker
12-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Did a quick search and its not definitive.

Packers - Throwbacks
Redskins - green
Cowboys (twice) - Green
Browns - Green.

So, that's five games where they wore their green jerseys - there may be more. With a 17 game schedule that's 12 games where the Eagles may have worn their white jerseys divided by 2 that leaves perhaps six games where he could have worn a white jersey. Mark was hurt through much of the season and did not play a whole lot.

How much wear would be on a jersey worn six (6) times?

If I ever had the opportunity to speak to Rusty Sweeny, the Eagles long-time equipment manager, I'd have a ton of jersey questions.

Jim