PDA

View Full Version : Jacoby ellsbury GI question

red33sox
12-17-2013, 04:55 PM
I went to the christmas at fenway party last weekend and saw a lot of ellsbury bats for sale at their fenway yard sale. They were all LVS with the "genuine " print as well as the correct model number. The thing is, on the bottom of the bat, there was no date that LVS usually prints on the bottom of the bats. Does LVS make display (not game) bats? Or can they still be GI bats? Can anyone tell me what to look for when trying to buy a genuine game bat from LVS? Thanks!

Umiami338
12-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Sorry i dont have an answer but I'm just curious. How was the event? Did they have a bunch of GI/GU items. What were prices like? I was dying to go but didn't win a ticket.
Thanks

emann
12-17-2013, 07:27 PM
I went to the christmas at fenway party last weekend and saw a lot of ellsbury bats for sale at their fenway yard sale. They were all LVS with the "genuine " print as well as the correct model number. The thing is, on the bottom of the bat, there was no date that LVS usually prints on the bottom of the bats. Does LVS make display (not game) bats? Or can they still be GI bats? Can anyone tell me what to look for when trying to buy a genuine game bat from LVS? Thanks!

Those are player model bats made for signatures and not game use (and not considered game issued). In that same section at Christmas at Fenway, you might have noticed a number of Youkilis, Lowell, Gonzalez, and a handful of other player's signed unused bats. I'd assume the Ellsbury bats were just ones he never got around to signing...

red33sox
12-19-2013, 10:21 PM
The event went well. Had a lot of fun. The yard sale was very weak this year. Not much in terms of cracked bats or much GI or Gu stuff. I saw a salty and you'll signed jersey for around $150, but I don't think those were real GI jerseys.

I noticed all the other signed bats, but there were two versions of ellsbury bats. Some said "genuine" above his name, and others said "genuine U64" or whatever his LVS style is. Did you see the two different versions?
Thanks for your help!