PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Posada Game Used Glove

I still like A-Rod
12-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Been collecting baseball autographs my whole life but am new to Game Used. Is this Posada glove authentic??

3arod13
12-20-2013, 02:45 PM
Welcome! And I Still Like Arod too!!

marino13
12-20-2013, 09:02 PM
I still collect Arod gamers ... so if anyone wants to get rid of his stuff ... let me know! :D

Masimen
12-20-2013, 09:18 PM
Here are my 2 cents on the glove. Posada used this mesh back style glove on and off from about 05-07. He used this style predominantly in 07 from what I can tell. Also, the white stitched name with yellow stitched number 20 was his preferred color combination. You will occasionally see them both in the same color stitching but you will be hard pressed to find many pics of posada using a Rawlings glove during this era where both the name and number are stitched in the same color. Also he used different combinations of tan and black leather and stitching on the webbing throughout his career. I have no clue if he used this glove but everything looks correct. I believe this glove came from steiner as well which isn't a bad thing when it comes to Yankee items. It seems there is use but not a ton, which leads me to believe it was either used for a short amount of time or was a practice glove.

Can you see if you can find a 4 letter code on the side of the glove? This will help date it. There is no guarantee such a code is there (I have owned Posada gloves without) but chances are there is one. If it isn't on the side look under the wrist strap. Hope this helps!

I still like A-Rod
12-21-2013, 06:54 PM
Thanks guys!
Masimen: That's great info and incredible stuff; I read it over three times. Thanks!

gorilla777
12-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Here are my 2 cents on the glove. Posada used this mesh back style glove on and off from about 05-07. He used this style predominantly in 07 from what I can tell. Also, the white stitched name with yellow stitched number 20 was his preferred color combination. You will occasionally see them both in the same color stitching but you will be hard pressed to find many pics of posada using a Rawlings glove during this era where both the name and number are stitched in the same color. Also he used different combinations of tan and black leather and stitching on the webbing throughout his career. I have no clue if he used this glove but everything looks correct. I believe this glove came from steiner as well which isn't a bad thing when it comes to Yankee items. It seems there is use but not a ton, which leads me to believe it was either used for a short amount of time or was a practice glove.

Can you see if you can find a 4 letter code on the side of the glove? This will help date it. There is no guarantee such a code is there (I have owned Posada gloves without) but chances are there is one. If it isn't on the side look under the wrist strap. Hope this helps!

Good info, Steve!