PDA

View Full Version : David Ortiz signed Steiner LOA without the item

sportsnbikes
01-02-2014, 10:52 PM
WOW!

Another COA/LOA up for sale on eBay but without the item.

Another problem I think I have with this seller is that he also claims to be good friends with A-Rod but yet he's selling stuff A-Rod gave to him. I just don't know that I buy that this seller is good friends with A-Rod. Maybe he is but I think it's tacky to be selling his items. Just my humble opinion.

Here is the Big Papi auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DAVID-ORTIZ-STEINER-AUTOGRAPHED-LETTER-05-GAME-USED-HOME-JERSEY-W-STEINER-HOLO-/111221164913?pt=US_Autographed_Trading_Cards&hash=item19e54c4b71

Here is the A-Rod item:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-AUTOGRAPHED-CLEAT-INSCRIBED-2007-MVP-AND-GAME-USED-ARMBANDS-/310832448804?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item485f0ec524

What are everyone's thoughts?

sportsnbikes
01-02-2014, 10:57 PM
In looking at his auctions he does have some nice stuff but I also noticed several more of the same type of Steiner signed LOA's with just the letter by itself.

emann
01-02-2014, 11:32 PM
In looking at his auctions he does have some nice stuff but I also noticed several more of the same type of Steiner signed LOA's with just the letter by itself.

11 Ortiz/Steiner LOAs currently for sale to be exact.

sportsnbikes
01-02-2014, 11:38 PM
11 Ortiz/Steiner LOAs currently for sale to be exact.

Where would he have obtained that many? I'd hope Steiner isn't selling them. It does make me wonder.

Phil316
01-03-2014, 01:34 AM
mentioned in an earlier thread this guy seems to have an endless supply.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=58268&highlight=Jeter+LOA

sportsnbikes
01-03-2014, 08:44 AM
mentioned in an earlier thread this guy seems to have an endless supply.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=58268&highlight=Jeter+LOA

My bad. I didn't see that thread.

Takuleechch
01-03-2014, 09:56 AM
That pic doesn't look like a "me and my buddy" pic lol

sportsnbikes
01-03-2014, 10:10 AM
That pic doesn't look like a "me and my buddy" pic lol

I thought the exact same thing.

Phil316
01-03-2014, 02:07 PM
My bad. I didn't see that thread.

No worries. Stuff gets buried pretty quick on this forum. It just means we have a very active community.

paul457
01-03-2014, 04:38 PM
This just seems really scummy to me...

Why would you have multiple COAs kicking around without the matching item? And why would you then sell them to others opening up potential fraud?

None of this seems right.

sportsnbikes
01-03-2014, 07:49 PM
This just seems really scummy to me...

Why would you have multiple COAs kicking around without the matching item? And why would you then sell them to others opening up potential fraud?

None of this seems right.

I don't know but I did e-mail Steiner in hopes that they will take a look at it and maybe change some of their practices.

tella27
01-25-2014, 04:50 PM
I saw an item they had listed and sent them a message about it - at the time didn't know that it was the same person with all the Steiner letters- when I called them out about the scam on the item they followed up with racist comments - my eBay name its OTIS so I guess they assume I was black?

Dear otisvr6,

not me wrong person i sell the real deal hater!!! kkk kkk kkk

- nymintsports
Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Dear otisvr6,

OTIS LETS GO HAVE SOME GRITS & HAMHOCKS $ COLLARDGREENS,SWEEY POTATO PIE!!! OH AND WATERMELON!!

- nymintsports

I don't know why they felt like the way to answer a question about items is throwing those comments back but it tells what type of person they are.

Phil316
01-26-2014, 01:20 AM
I saw an item they had listed and sent them a message about it - at the time didn't know that it was the same person with all the Steiner letters- when I called them out about the scam on the item they followed up with racist comments - my eBay name its OTIS so I guess they assume I was black?

Dear otisvr6,

not me wrong person i sell the real deal hater!!! kkk kkk kkk

- nymintsports

Dear otisvr6,

OTIS LETS GO HAVE SOME GRITS & HAMHOCKS $ COLLARDGREENS,SWEEY POTATO PIE!!! OH AND WATERMELON!!

- nymintsports

I don't know why they felt like the way to answer a question about items is throwing those comments back but it tells what type of person they are.

:eek: I would be reporting those messages to ebay. In fact I would call ebay direct. That is flat out disgusting.

sportsnbikes
01-27-2014, 04:43 AM
:eek: I would be reporting those messages to ebay. In fact I would call ebay direct. That is flat out disgusting.

Yes that is a hideous response. He's quite a pillar of the community. I almost want to buy a letter just to leave a negative feedback.

Roady
01-27-2014, 08:18 AM
He looks like he just kissed his cat and had his way with his dog.

Roady
01-27-2014, 08:21 AM
Am I right? Look at that face.

Phil316
01-27-2014, 12:27 PM
Regardless of what he looks like his comments are shameful.

akrover
01-28-2014, 08:35 AM
I would definitely call ebay about those comments. He shouldn't be allowed to get away with that.

Phil316
01-28-2014, 11:17 AM
Seller ended the signed letters.