Would you consider this a solid photo match?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnsontravis@ymail.com
    • Dec 2013

Would you consider this a solid photo match?

Disclaimer: I would post pictures if I even knew where to start, so instead I will explain what I am seeing.(I will email if requested though!)

I recently bought a 2011 Retro Rickie Weeks jersey(with the stars stars next to the MLB logo signifying that he was an All Star) that was authenticated as game issued. The seller believed it was actually game used and I decided to buy it at a price where I felt like I got a decent deal regardless.

I went to MLB Videos because Weeks hit an inside the park home run during the game he wore this style. The video gave me some incredible close ups and views that I took screenshots of.
    After very close inspection EVERYTHING on the jersey lines up to be EXACTLY the same. The jersey being pin stripped helped a lot as you could see the lines disappeared behind the letters in the exact same place on both jerseys which leads me to comfortably say they are in fact the same jersey.

I'm no photo matching expert so I'm just curious what other people think.

If anyone would like some photos to inspect I'd be happy to email them to you as any help is appreciated.

(And thanks to the seller!)
  • spartakid
    • Oct 2008

Re: Would you consider this a solid photo match?

Pinstripes make it very easy to photomatch. We'd probably need to see photos of the matches to tell for sure, but if the stripes match up perfectly then you have a match.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Comment

• Dec 2013

Comment

• PAC
        Banned
        • Jan 2012

Ask us to help with a photo match...but don't post any photos...brilliant.

Comment

• Dec 2013

Just one thing to note is in my game photos they don't show the yellow around the letters very well so some things might look off...you kind of have to pretend it is there.

Comment

• PAC
            Banned
            • Jan 2012

Not the same jersey. Look at the inside of the 2 on the front. There's white jersey showing between the tackle twill and 1st pinstripe on his, but your pinstripe is touching the tackle twill. Lots of other spots where your pinstripes are about an inch farther left. Very similar, but not the same jersey.

Comment

• Dec 2013

Originally posted by PAC
              Ask us to help with a photo match...but don't post any photos...brilliant.
              I was more asking if it is an acceptable way to photo match as I have little experience photo matching without loose string, stains etc.

Comment

• 3arod13
                • Apr 2006

The "E" in the game photo image shows a gap between the "E" and the line, but on your jersey, there isn't a gap; it's right on the line.

The middle line of the "E" on the game photo image shows it right on the line, but on your jersey, it crosses over the line.
                Attached Files
                Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• Dec 2013

Thank you guys for the help, but both of you guys are missing the yellow border. It shows up looking white in my photos. If you look closely you will see on the blue is truly showing due to poor quality.

If you factor in the yellow border both of the problems you two mentioned are non existent.

Comment

• Dec 2013

Originally posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com
                    Thank you guys for the help, but both of you guys are missing the yellow border. It shows up looking white in my photos. If you look closely you will see on the blue is truly showing due to poor quality.

If you factor in the yellow border both of the problems you two mentioned are non existent.
                    *Only the blue is showing due to poor quality

Comment

• JDubbs73
                      • Dec 2011

I get what you are saying and believe you are on the right track; however, you may need a higher resolution video or photo to be able to substantiate a "solid" match.

Is MLB Videos similar to NFL Game Rewind? A subscription based way to watch HD games? If so, I would imagine you could snap a crisper still from the game(s) it was worn.

Given what you have presented below I could buy into it being a match, but you never want to have to instruct a potential buyer or authenticator to "kind of have to pretend it is there".

Comment

• zookerman182
                        • Jul 2007

Same jersey no doubt.

The yellow not showing up makes a huge difference.

There are too many exact matches with pinstripes from that time period for it not to be a match.

Nicely done
                        Collecting current Brewers players and Prospects

brewergamer28@yahoo.com

sigpic

Comment

• Dec 2013

Originally posted by zookerman182
                          Same jersey no doubt.

The yellow not showing up makes a huge difference.

There are too many exact matches with pinstripes from that time period for it not to be a match.

Nicely done
                          Thank you for taking your time to take a look and give input!

Comment

• bgakladd
                            • Dec 2007

Here is a photo from a MLB video of Meeks homerun when he is in the dugout. Stopping at around the 36 second section I have a photo. Compare the left sleeve pinstripe running into the horizontal striping on the front of the jersey. Yours shows white spacing. Meeks homerun jersey shows them running into each other. Am I right to say 2 different jerseys? Any opinions anyone?
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Dec 2013

That top left part you circled is exactly the same. The game jersey has to have the second stripe too if that is what you are red flagging.

The part you circled on the right is something I noticed too at one point, but it is just tricking you mind. It is how it is angled or the jersey is folding. Because I did find a different spot in the video that had the same space I do...thought I posted it, guess not?

Comment

Working...