PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals Winter Warm Up - who's going? Hoping for help for ONE autograph!

xpress34
01-08-2014, 12:34 PM
Hello all!

Just wondering if ANYONE attending the Cardinals Winter Warm Up would be willing to get an item signed for me on Saturday - Tickets are STILL available as of this posting...

I will obviously pay for the ticket and work something out for your time...

I need Chris Carpenter (on the list as of 5 minutes ago - $50 on Saturday Jan 18 from 9-11).

I have an ORIGINAL artwork piece that my buddy did for the 2011 WS. I have all four Rangers already (Hamilton, Kinsler, Young and Cruz) as well as Washington and 3 of the 4 Cardinals (Yadier, Holliday and Pujols) as well as LaRussa. Just need Carpenter to finish it off so I can frame it!

PLEASE let me know ASAP if you can and are willing to help so I can get the item to you as well as payment for the AU ticket and then we can work out the details for whatever else...

Thanks so much for the read!

Smitty
xpress34 @comcast .net

xpress34
01-08-2014, 01:19 PM
This is the piece if anyone is interested in seeing it.

Thanks!

- Smitty

jlengeli
01-08-2014, 06:17 PM
Does it roll up at all? How bulky is it? I'm going and would definitely be willing to help (I'd hope for someone to do the same for me), but I worry about maneuvering with it when I have so many other things going on that day. Let me know. I'll shoot you this in an email, too.

xpress34
01-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Does it roll up at all? How bulky is it? I'm going and would definitely be willing to help (I'd hope for someone to do the same for me), but I worry about maneuvering with it when I have so many other things going on that day. Let me know. I'll shoot you this in an email, too.

I'll be responding to your eMail shortly. Thanks!

xpress34
01-09-2014, 10:48 AM
1st - Thanks to jlengeli for the offer to help out. The offer is greatly appreciated - unfortunately, this turned itno an exercise in futility.

When trying to buy a ticket through the web site - and after clicking the 'Buy Ticket' link by his name, he never showed up on the 2nd page to actually buy the ticket. So I called the Cardinals this morning.

After holding for 1/2 an hour, I was told that he is Sold Out - even though he still shows as available on the main page. A bit disappointed to be told that the 'second page' (where it takes you when you click) is automatically updated, but the 'main page' has a 'process' it has to go through to be updated, so it may show him available for another day or two possibly.

I guess I should have just bought the ticket yesterday when I first saw it, but no one had responded yet to my post at that time...

I guess the piece will remain 'unfinished' til some other unknown point in the future if I find an opportunity to get Carpenter to sign.

Mods - please close this thread - it has run it's course.

Thanks!

- Smitty

ironmanfan
01-09-2014, 10:51 AM
Smitty:

I'm sorry this worked out this way but you still may able to purchase a Carpenter autograph ticket off eBay for the event (not sure what the asking price would be).

Something similar to this happened last year at the Orioles Fan Fest....

Good Luck!

xpress34
01-09-2014, 10:52 AM
I just realized something... other than Holliday and Molina with the Cards and Ron Washington with the Rangers, NONE of the other people on this piece are with either team anymore... just 3 years removed...

Pujols - Angels
LaRussa - Retired
Carpenter - Retired

Hamilton - Angels
Young - Free Agent
Kinsler - Tigers
Cruz - Free Agent

xpress34
01-09-2014, 10:58 AM
Smitty:

I'm sorry this worked out this way but you still may able to purchase a Carpenter autograph ticket off eBay for the event (not sure what the asking price would be).

Something similar to this happened last year at the Orioles Fan Fest....

Good Luck!

There is one guy that has two - $150 each. On top of it being overpriced, I would have to coordinate someone meeting him on Friday at the Hyatt to get the ticket, etc...

I guess it wan't meant to be this year. Still don't understand why he acted so crappy here in Denver last year to the fans. He's always been very nice in the past.

onlyalbert
01-09-2014, 05:25 PM
Smithy, you missed out. A couple months ago there was a post about Holliday cleats where you mentioned this print. I offered to get it signed for you then, but you must not have seen my post. I wouldn't pay the 150 which is almost criminal in my opinion. This seller buys hundreds of game balls and bases and puts them on ebay for like 1000X markup. Since Carp was a late addition I feel there will be an announces made at the show about his future role with the team, and since he lives in STL he will be at the WWU next year. I will certainly offer my help then. We'll get this thing signed somehow!

xpress34
01-10-2014, 01:48 AM
Smithy, you missed out. A couple months ago there was a post about Holliday cleats where you mentioned this print. I offered to get it signed for you then, but you must not have seen my post. I wouldn't pay the 150 which is almost criminal in my opinion. This seller buys hundreds of game balls and bases and puts them on ebay for like 1000X markup. Since Carp was a late addition I feel there will be an announces made at the show about his future role with the team, and since he lives in STL he will be at the WWU next year. I will certainly offer my help then. We'll get this thing signed somehow!

Thanks so much man! Like I'd said earlier, I figured it would have been done last year when the Cards came to Denver, but for whatever reason, Carp was in a foul mood the entire time they were here.

Ideally, I would get it in person myself as I did all of the others, but since Carp retired, I will have to keep my options open!

I remember the Holliday cleats, but I don't remember anything about Carp signing...

- Smitty

rufusandherschel
01-10-2014, 09:17 AM
At one time, I recall there was a Sports Memorabilia Show in St Louis (presented about 4 times/year, e.g., Two Hearts ??, or something like that) that had numerous former Cardinal signers. I don't know if that venue still exists or not, but if Carpenter resides in the S.L. area, he might become a signer at one of those shows. Just a thought. Great poster! Good luck!

gorphils
01-10-2014, 12:54 PM
Carpenter shows up every year at the New Hampshire Fisher Cats Granite State Baseball Dinner in November. There is a autograph session included in this event, he's been very approachable at this event too.

coophallmonitor
01-10-2014, 01:17 PM
At one time, I recall there was a Sports Memorabilia Show in St Louis (presented about 4 times/year, e.g., Two Hearts ??, or something like that) that had numerous former Cardinal signers. I don't know if that venue still exists or not, but if Carpenter resides in the S.L. area, he might become a signer at one of those shows. Just a thought. Great poster! Good luck!

Those shows used to be really good with some bigger names. I believe they still have a couple of signers per month but nothing like the big 3 day shows they used to have... I remember when Yadi and Wainwright used to be there but not anymore unfortunately. There's a place here that brings in numerous current Cardinal players throughout the year. They just had a private signing with Carpenter not long ago I believe. ..

pujolsisdaman
01-14-2014, 11:49 PM
Express-message me on EBay and I will take care of you on a ticket. I won't be able to get it signed for you though.

xpress34
01-14-2014, 11:59 PM
Express-message me on EBay and I will take care of you on a ticket. I won't be able to get it signed for you though.

I appreciate it, but at this time, the window for getting the piece to someone on time is really tight.

At this point, I will see what Carp does this year and look for an opportunity down the road.

All the best -

Smitty

ironmanfan
01-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Smitty:

Just saw this today & thought it may be of interest to you. Good luck in getting your piece signed!

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140118&content_id=66846050&notebook_id=66846702&vkey=notebook_stl&c_id=stl&partnerId=ed-7853142-645074473

Bill

xpress34
01-19-2014, 02:37 PM
Smitty:

Just saw this today & thought it may be of interest to you. Good luck in getting your piece signed!

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140118&content_id=66846050&notebook_id=66846702&vkey=notebook_stl&c_id=stl&partnerId=ed-7853142-645074473

Bill

Bill -

Thanks for the heads up! Maybe - if he's listed as a Special Assistant or whatever - he might travel with the team to Denver this year.

In the past, other Special Assistants (like Luis Gonzalez of the D'Backs) have shown up here with the team.

All the best!

- Smitty