PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod suspended for full season

emann
01-11-2014, 12:26 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/breaking-a-rod-slammed-full-season-ban-postseason-article-1.1576281?utm_content=bufferc313b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Roady
01-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Good

Phil316
01-11-2014, 01:23 PM
Good

Amen

1929tudor
01-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Glad to see it

johnsontravis@ymail.com
01-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Its a lose-lose situation...at this point it doesn't even matter. He has already signed the massive deal and made millions on endorsements. His career is already basically over, and he has already ruined records etc.

Let's be honest nothing positive really comes out of this for baseball. The damage has already been done.

1929tudor
01-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Yea he can go count his millions but in the eyes of the fans he'll always be a cheater, liar, and never get into the HOF. If he loves the game like he said he does, I would think that would bother him a bit even if it's a little. He'll know when he is illegable for the HOF and he gets 15 votes how bad he screwed up. I feel bad for the little kids that looked to him as a role model.

rufusandherschel
01-11-2014, 03:47 PM
Its a lose-lose situation...at this point it doesn't even matter.

Let's be honest nothing positive really comes out of this for baseball. The damage has already been done.
Really?

cjclong
01-11-2014, 04:27 PM
It is a shame that players like Rodriguez, Bonds and Clemens were linked to PED's. All of them could have had HOF careers without the usage. Obviously they made the choice and will have to accept what comes with it. There is nothing for anyone to be happy about in any of this. It's sad when people make bad choices, and they did make a choice. Maybe we have begun putting most of the PED era behind us now, I hope.

Roady
01-11-2014, 04:39 PM
It is a shame that players like Rodriguez, Bonds and Clemens were linked to PED's. All of them could have had HOF careers without the usage. Obviously they made the choice and will have to accept what comes with it. There is nothing for anyone to be happy about in any of this. It's sad when people make bad choices, and they did make a choice. Maybe we have begun putting most of the PED era behind us now, I hope.

I really disagree with the statement that they could have had HOF careers without PED's. The fact is we will never know. There is no way to know what their career numbers would have looked like if they hadn't cheated. And we really have no idea how long they cheated. Was it their entire career like Mark McGwire?
I always feel bad for players like Carlos Lee, just the first name that came to mind, who put up really good numbers and then declined when most players decline in their early to mid thirty's. They don't get the recognition they deserve because the cheaters numbers are so gaudy.

emann
01-11-2014, 06:51 PM
Yea he can go count his millions

He's losing his full salary for this season as well: 25 million. He has more money than he can ever spend already but I don't care how rich you are that has to sting a little bit...

I blame Selig and the senior management in baseball. They dragged their feet and looked the other way, none of them should still be employed by MLB. But instead, tune in for the Selig farewell tour coming this season...

tella27
01-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Who cares about that guy anymore - I wish people stop talking about that clown...

coxfan
01-12-2014, 11:16 AM
I still find it strange that nobody in the media is mentioning the milestone bonuses in A-Rod's contract. If he hits 6 or 7 more HR's to catch Mays, that's worth millions, I understand. And more is in the contract if he should catch Ruth. If the Yankees tried to pay him off and not play him in 2015, wouldn't he have a new possible complaint about being denied a shot at those bonuses? I'm glad I'm not having to face those administrative decisions. This story is far from over.

Remember the "Hank Aaron in 2013" thread we started in June, regarding his visit to Columbia, SC Aaron said those who used "shortcuts" would lose out in the end, versus those who didn't rely on "shortcuts." The crowd enthusiastically endorsed his statements.

cjclong
01-12-2014, 12:09 PM
Basically we do know when they started using PED's. Both Bonds and Clemens had careers that would have been worthy of the HOF before any allegations were made of their drug use. Both have been investigated thoroughly, in fact they were charged with crimes related to PED use and were subject to criminal trials. You can't be more thoroughly investigated than that. If there is no evidence of a player using drugs before a certain point, or at all, we should give them the benefit of the doubt. You'll never "know" for sure whether anyone in sports might have used a drug. So by that standard you can suspicion anyone about anything. We don't "know" for sure any friend or acquaintance of ours isn't secretly a mass murderer. Most people use common sense. If there isn't good evidence pointing to something we don't accuse people of it.

Roady
01-12-2014, 02:33 PM
I heard the same argument about McGwire. People said Mark McGwire would have had a career worthy of the HOF before any allegations were made of his drug use.
Now we find out he used them his entire career.

Next argument please.

Roady
01-12-2014, 02:40 PM
My bottom line is if they used PED's at anytime during their career it calls into question their entire career.

3arod13
01-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Unbelievable! As an Arod and baseball fan, this makes me sick!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bosch-rod-meticulous-peds-164207331--mlb.html

Roady
01-12-2014, 03:10 PM
Rodriguez sent Bosch a text during a spring training game in April 2012 after he had three RBIs.
"Really good. Explosive," Rodriguez wrote.
"Go with same protocol," Bosch replied.

But some people claim PED's dont help. :rolleyes:

metsbats
01-12-2014, 03:42 PM
Not to fuel the fire but I don't understand the suspension verses a lifetime ban. Pete Rose was banned as well as the 8 members of the 1919 Black Sox however steroid users are suspended which is saying if you cheat via PEDs to affect the outcome a game it's only a minor offense.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
01-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Rodriguez sent Bosch a text during a spring training game in April 2012 after he had three RBIs.
"Really good. Explosive," Rodriguez wrote.
"Go with same protocol," Bosch replied.

But some people claim PED's dont help. :rolleyes:

I think it is really important to know what you are talking about, what type of PEDs. Some players getting caught for PEDs are using very minor drugs for injuries like Ryan Braun. He took them for an injury and had little effect on how well he did...it just kept him healthy...things like mouth melts and lozenges.

This A-Rod PED use is for some serious results and some high end drugs...what he is doing is sickening. People like Bonds and A-Rod should be banned forever.

Roady
01-12-2014, 06:37 PM
You really believe that Braun just took PED's to get healthy and it had no effect on his power numbers?

Roady
01-12-2014, 06:42 PM
Not to fuel the fire but I don't understand the suspension verses a lifetime ban. Pete Rose was banned as well as the 8 members of the 1919 Black Sox however steroid users are suspended which is saying if you cheat via PEDs to affect the outcome a game it's only a minor offense.

With the Black Sox Landis didn't have a Collective Barganing agreement he had to work under like Selig has.
With Rose he accepted a lifetime ban as part of deal. I have no idea if any type of CBA was in place at the time between the players and owners but apparently not.
Only way for Selig to suspend or ban players for any longer is if a new CBA is agreed to by the owners and players.
The strikes and resulting CBA's took a lot of the Commissioner's power away.

3arod13
01-12-2014, 06:51 PM
You really believe that Braun just took PED's to get healthy and it had no effect on his power numbers?

+1

EricTheRed44
01-12-2014, 07:18 PM
I think it is really important to know what you are talking about, what type of PEDs. Some players getting caught for PEDs are using very minor drugs for injuries like Ryan Braun. He took them for an injury and had little effect on how well he did...it just kept him healthy...things like mouth melts and lozenges.

This A-Rod PED use is for some serious results and some high end drugs...what he is doing is sickening. People like Bonds and A-Rod should be banned forever.

If Eric Davis just took PED's or roids to stay healthy, he would have made Bonds look like his little sister. Braun is a chump. That guy should have been banned. Selig gave him a nice little deal because he was a Brewer. He should have had a full season like A-Rod. Both should be banned.

EricTheRed44
01-12-2014, 07:21 PM

JUST kept him healthy. Even if that is true, do you have any idea how big of a deal health is? Health is just as important as any talent a player has... You cant put up any numbers without being out there. Statements like that irritate the hell out of me.

onlyalbert
01-12-2014, 09:32 PM

If Braun was only doing it for his health then why didn't he just admit that in the beginning? Instead he got on the high pulpit and smeared the delivery driver.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
01-13-2014, 08:09 AM
If Eric Davis just took PED's or roids to stay healthy, he would have made Bonds look like his little sister. Braun is a chump. That guy should have been banned. Selig gave him a nice little deal because he was a Brewer. He should have had a full season like A-Rod. Both should be banned.

You think he should have been banned? C Mon I think you are just being silly now.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
01-13-2014, 08:28 AM
JUST kept him healthy. Even if that is true, do you have any idea how big of a deal health is? Health is just as important as any talent a player has... You cant put up any numbers without being out there. Statements like that irritate the hell out of me.

I get what your saying and I agree. But I think it is wrong from a PED usage stand point to put him in the same category as Bonds or A-Rod...when in reality he is no different than Peralta or Cruz.

I think there should be harsher punishments, but not if a guy using some supplement powder is getting the same 100+ game suspension as the A-Rod or Bonds type user...I just Dont think that would be right.

xpress34
01-13-2014, 11:30 AM
As far as the Big 3 being named here - Bonds, Clemens, A-Fraud - I never have heard a reason why Clemens did it (i.e. to break Cy Young's record or anything) other than wanting to be dominating and extend his career.

As far as Bonds and A-Rod, BOTH are linked to comments of wanting to smash records - Bonds: The single season and all time HR record, A-Rod: stated he wanted to be the 1st and ONLY member of the 800 HR club.

Although not MLB numbers, Sadahua Oh is already an 800 HR guy and with questionable historical records kept, it is believed that in the Negro Leagues, Josh Gibson hit between 800 and 900 HRs.

That said, I find it interesting that A-Rod is fighting this calling ti a witch hunt. Really? Then why is it that EVERY other player linked to BioGenesis took their suspensions and went on without argument or law suits? That should tell everyone how REAL the BioGenesis claims are.

A-Rod may think his penalty being stiffer is a 'witch hunt', but he needs to remember - regardless of the dates he claims to have been a user - that he previously admitted to using Steroids and then lied saying he hasn't used anything since when his name was connected to BioGenesis. THAT is why his penalty is so stiff.

And I'll be VERY surprised if the Federal Government gives his case any consideration since it was done under BINDING Agreement in the CBA that the Arbitrator's Findings are Final and Binding AND the fact that even the Player's Association has stated that even though they don't agree with the penalty, they will accept it and recognize the Arbitrator's decision per the CBA and JDA.

People also have to remember that A-Rod could also be sued for Breach of Contract by both MLB and the NYY for things he has done since the BioGenesis scandal broke that go against not only his contract and agreement with the Yankees, but his contract and agreement with MLBPAA and the CBA. (i.e. Seeking outside Medical Opinions without club approval, Seeking outside Counsel instead of the MLBPAA Attorneys, etc) and will be lucky if the 2014 suspension is the end of all of this.

Just my .02

- Smitty

EricTheRed44
01-13-2014, 05:02 PM
You think he should have been banned? C Mon I think you are just being silly now.

The way he went about denying it was horrible. I think the punishment for any PED's or the like should be a full season the first time (and voids contract). Second time banned for life with no chances of returning. I've never liked cheaters and unlike a lot of people, I love sitting down to watch a 4 hour game that ends with the score 2-1...

NJersey837
01-13-2014, 05:06 PM
He should be banned from baseball for LIFE !!! He is a liar and a cheater and they need to take all of his records and erase them from the record books and the same goes for all the other cheats in the game as well from years past.

marino13
01-13-2014, 05:22 PM
Not a fan of "off the field" hoopla ... I am a fan of the Yankees on the field and that's it....

With that said --- Where is the "innocent until proven guilty" clause?

If I am a stranger to the sport and just walking into this situation - I would say, a lot of people are in cahoot with this mess.

Either way, losing $25 million after making over a quarter of billion of dollars, it is NOT a big deal. :D

EricTheRed44
01-13-2014, 05:45 PM
Not a fan of "off the field" hoopla ... I am a fan of the Yankees on the field and that's it....

With that said --- Where is the "innocent until proven guilty" clause?

If I am a stranger to the sport and just walking into this situation - I would say, a lot of people are in cahoot with this mess.

Either way, losing $25 million after making over a quarter of billion of dollars, it is NOT a big deal. :D

He admitted to using before because the penalty wasnt there...
And as an MLB rep stated, Alex is the only guy not to take the stand to defend himself. Seems about as damning to me as it gets. Did you watch the interview last night??? The text messages that MLB linked to his phone?

If thats not enough for you then I dont know what you need to see, Alex shoot up in front of you?

marino13
01-13-2014, 07:08 PM
And as an MLB rep stated, Alex is the only guy not to take the stand to defend himself. Seems about as damning to me as it gets. Did you watch the interview last night??? The text messages that MLB linked to his phone?

If thats not enough for you then I dont know what you need to see, Alex shoot up in front of you?

I could care less about what happened ...

from what I can see ... the union threw him under the bus ... MLB is a joke ... if anything, it is a personal vendetta from Bud ....

what happened to the rest of the so called guilty list?

And here I thought --- only politics and crooked system has .... "Guilty until proven otherwise" mentality. :D

marino13
01-13-2014, 07:10 PM

Another thing, I will admit this much ... FANS are the stupid ones here! I am one of those!

NO ONE IS CLEAN ever.

They only clean because they havent been caught!

Just like .... It is only cheating when you get caught! or better yet...

"You aint speeding, if you didnt get a speeding ticket." Being pulled over for speeding and being let go with a warning - IT NEVER HAPPENs

marino13
01-13-2014, 07:13 PM

And ... what credibility does a snitch has?

NONE WHAT SO EVER..

He lied from one and ran to other and then... being a rat to protect his own and that is that.

3arod13
01-13-2014, 07:45 PM
http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/ARODMLB01132014.pdf

johnsontravis@ymail.com
01-13-2014, 08:08 PM
The way he went about denying it was horrible. I think the punishment for any PED's or the like should be a full season the first time (and voids contract). Second time banned for life with no chances of returning. I've never liked cheaters and unlike a lot of people, I love sitting down to watch a 4 hour game that ends with the score 2-1...

Those would be too extreme. Maybe not if every PED user was A-Rod or Bonds types...but there not.

I do wish they made a mandatory clause where if you get caught TWICE the contract can be voided.

yanks12025
01-13-2014, 08:10 PM
I don't know how anyone can support or be a fan of arod anymore. The guy is nothing but a low life lier and cheater and should have been kicked out of baseball for good. I hope the Yankees release him and no team signs him.

earlywynnfan
01-13-2014, 08:20 PM
Check me if I'm wrong, but if this case actually went to court, wouldn't AROD have to get on the stand, under oath, and fully describe his PED use?? Does anyone think he's actually going to do that?

Ken

EricTheRed44
01-13-2014, 08:36 PM

NONE WHAT SO EVER..

He lied from one and ran to other and then... being a rat to protect his own and that is that.

The guy is a scum and a snitch, sure. But the text messages are pretty damning. Also, the everyone cheats thing is so tiring. A lot of people did cheat and I'm sure a number of them still do, but to say all players cheat is beyond idiotic. A few players out there still have some ounce of dignity left.

EricTheRed44
01-13-2014, 08:44 PM

NONE WHAT SO EVER..

The snitch label is juvenile. If no one snitched everyone would get away with everything. ALSO, who in their right mind trust a dirty doctor???

You have to know that when it goes bad and you're AROD, that you are his out! If you're some minor league player or some .230 hitter who rides the bench, you may be safe. But when the Feds show up and bust the doc, you have to know you're nailed.

EricTheRed44
01-13-2014, 08:47 PM
Check me if I'm wrong, but if this case actually went to court, wouldn't AROD have to get on the stand, under oath, and fully describe his PED use?? Does anyone think he's actually going to do that?

Ken

I believe AROD just passed on whatever process MLB went through. In the interview they said he was the only player to ever pass and not plead his innocence. I didnt read the link someone posted, but I'm sure thats full of interesting facts.

Roady
01-13-2014, 08:50 PM

+1

marino13
01-13-2014, 09:45 PM
The guy is a scum and a snitch, sure. But the text messages are pretty damning. Also, the everyone cheats thing is so tiring. A lot of people did cheat and I'm sure a number of them still do, but to say all players cheat is beyond idiotic. A few players out there still have some ounce of dignity left.

Why have dignity since the might dollar is being rewarded to those who cheat?

and oh, those so called dignity and playing clean --- they all out of a job or they are in the minor league for 20 years!

Like I said before - I blame the fans (myself included) for creating this monster. If no one go to game, and no collectors picking up the next gamer, there will be no cheaters!

Roady
01-13-2014, 10:00 PM
You can blame yourself all you want. Don't blame me though.

I didn't cheat. I didn't put a price on my dignity. I didn't lie. I didn't stick a needle in my body. I didn't take an illegal drug.

Don't you dare blame me for what another man does.
I didn't know these guys were cheating.

I was raised when a mans word was his bond. When a handshake was more important than a contract.

Maybe you were raised in a time or area where everyone has an excuse for the things they do wrong. I wasn't. I was raised that actions have consequences and that if you did something wrong you took responsibility for it. You didn't blame others.

So you blame yourself all you want. But don't blame me for another mans actions.

marino13
01-13-2014, 10:28 PM
You can blame yourself all you want. Don't blame me though.

I didn't cheat. I didn't put a price on my dignity. I didn't lie. I didn't stick a needle in my body. I didn't take an illegal drug.

Don't you dare blame me for what another man does.
I didn't know these guys were cheating.

I was raised when a mans word was his bond. When a handshake was more important than a contract.

Maybe you were raised in a time or area where everyone has an excuse for the things they do wrong. I wasn't. I was raised that actions have consequences and that if you did something wrong you took responsibility for it. You didn't blame others.

So you blame yourself all you want. But don't blame me for another mans actions.

This should be a credo for all athletes .... wishful thinking!

Better yet, this should works really well in politics also.

(What a joke!) :D

Roady
01-13-2014, 10:34 PM
This should be a credo for all athletes .... wishful thinking!

Better yet, this should works really well in politics also.

(What a joke!) :D

It may be a joke to you but for anyone with any self respect it's not.

So they cheat and you give them an excuse by blaming everyone else?

That is the some messed up thinking right there.

You choose to do what you do. They were free to say no.

And we wonder what is wrong with society today.

marino13
01-13-2014, 11:23 PM
It may be a joke to you but for anyone with any self respect it's not.

So they cheat and you give them an excuse by blaming everyone else?

That is the some messed up thinking right there.

You choose to do what you do. They were free to say no.

And we wonder what is wrong with society today.

If it is NOT a joke ... please explain how Melky and Peralta - both suspended for cheating, got BIG bonus contract right after they came back from suspension?

Roady
01-13-2014, 11:45 PM
If it is NOT a joke ... please explain how Melky and Peralta - both suspended for cheating, got BIG bonus contract right after they came back from suspension?
I don't own the teams. I don't make decisions on who to hire. I don't sign the contracts. I don't pay the players.

Ask the Blue Jays and Cardinals why they signed known cheaters and rewarded them.

I wouldn't have signed either of them, ever.

The fans didn't have a say so in those signings. The fans didn't petition the teams to sign them. The fans were not part of the negotiations.

You can only blame the players for cheating and the clubs for signing them.

xpress34
01-14-2014, 11:20 AM

Many teams are taking a stance against this. The Diamondbacks for example won't even consider a player that has tested positive or has a previous suspension - even in the Minor Leagues.

I like the idea that has been discussed of fining teams that sign known users after a suspension if that player fails another test.

xpress34
01-14-2014, 11:24 AM
what happened to the rest of the so called guilty list?

If you actually paid attention, you would know that EVERY player listed in the Bio Genesis scandal (except for A-Fraud) took their penalties/punishments as deemed appropriate by MLB 'without question'. Including Braun.

It makes a damning indictment of A-Fraud to believe that he is the ONLY player on the list that is 'clean', when everyone else manned up and accepted their punishments.

He claims he's innocent, but won't testify on his own behalf...

rufusandherschel
01-14-2014, 11:52 AM
If you actually paid attention, you would know that EVERY player listed in the Bio Genesis scandal (except for A-Fraud) took their penalties/punishments as deemed appropriate by MLB 'without question'. Including Braun.

It makes a damning indictment of A-Fraud to believe that he is the ONLY player on the list that is 'clean', when everyone else manned up and accepted their punishments.

Very well stated!

3arod13
01-14-2014, 12:10 PM

He may be referring to the other 97 of the 104 players who test positive in 2003.

I'm sure once all this is over, there will be a movie made about this :eek:

coxfan
01-14-2014, 03:52 PM
The current article on MlB.com says that the MLBPA tried to prevent disclosure of parts of the arbitrator's opinion, but a federal judge blocked that, and indicated there was no reason the opinion shouldn't be public. After that, A-Rod's lawyer apparently put the opinion out in full.

His suit against the MLBPA is intended to maximize his slim chances of overturning the suspension by attacking all angles in the process. But the MLBPA's reply suggests they're not happy with their inclusion.

Roady
01-14-2014, 05:10 PM
The MLBPA shouldn't have stated they disagreed with the decision.
Unions leave a bad taste in the mouth when they stand by a member no matter what.
Maybe he MLBPA will stop being so supportive of their cheating members after this.

marino13
01-14-2014, 06:55 PM
The MLBPA shouldn't have stated they disagreed with the decision.
Unions leave a bad taste in the mouth when they stand by a member no matter what.
Maybe he MLBPA will stop being so supportive of their cheating members after this.

The union cannot exist without its paying dues members - crooked or not.

And when the union throw its members under the bus like in this case - it might as well working MLB (as in managers) and do whatever they want.

Bottom line - they (both MLB and the union) are working in cahoot to target the highest paid player in the game to make an example of.

And if they get away with it now, what will stop them from doing it again in the future? Might as well have the mob running this scheme called MLB.

3arod13
01-14-2014, 07:42 PM
Getting pretty close to locking this thread! :rolleyes:

metsbats
01-14-2014, 08:08 PM
Please no personal attacks. 5 day suspension has been issued.

Roady
01-15-2014, 02:51 PM
Just wanted to post this for anyone who thinks that PED's don't give power and make you hit the ball farther. Ever since the Bonds fiasco there are those who claim that PED's don't help hit home runs.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10297946/alex-rodriguez-doping-plan-most-potent-ever-seen-usada-says

U.S. Anti-Doping Agency CEO Travis Tygart told The Associated Press...
"At the end of the day," Tygart said, "this was a potent cocktail of sophisticated PEDs stacked together to deliver power, aid recovery, avoid detection and create a home run champion."

marino13
01-15-2014, 04:09 PM
Just wanted to post this for anyone who thinks that PED's don't give power and make you hit the ball farther. Ever since the Bonds fiasco there are those who claim that PED's don't help hit home runs.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10297946/alex-rodriguez-doping-plan-most-potent-ever-seen-usada-says

U.S. Anti-Doping Agency CEO Travis Tygart told The Associated Press...
"At the end of the day," Tygart said, "this was a potent cocktail of sophisticated PEDs stacked together to deliver power, aid recovery, avoid detection and create a home run champion."

I guess the other 99% who got caught or not - should sue for false advertisement then .... :D

Jesus Montero - I should get my money back from all the gamers I picked up.

Francisco Cervelli - Where is your HR numbers, sir?

Come on, this remind of the commercial a while back - just because a fan wears authentic jersey like their idol, it doesn't mean you can hit HR like Hamilton.

If that was the case, I wear my Jeter's gamers (jersey, pant, bat, cleats and gloves) the next time I play baseball in the park.... :D

Roady
01-15-2014, 05:11 PM
You would have a point if we were all clones.

Oh yeah, :D .

3arod13
01-19-2014, 10:39 AM
On a lighter note, if you haven't seen the Arod piece on SNL, it was pretty funny. Fast forward to 01:42

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/drake-portrays-rod-saturday-night-live-opening-skit-060414527--mlb.html

3arod13
01-19-2014, 10:40 AM
On a lighter note, if you haven't seen the Arod piece on SNL, it was pretty funny. Fast forward to 01:42

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/drake-portrays-rod-saturday-night-live-opening-skit-060414527--mlb.html

Video is in the middle of this page.

metsbats
01-21-2014, 08:58 PM
http://t.foxsports.msn.com/mlb/players-reportedly-irate-at-a-rod

Arod could be a marked man in 2015. Looks like he's been outed as a rat now by his own.

3arod13
01-22-2014, 07:03 AM
http://t.foxsports.msn.com/mlb/players-reportedly-irate-at-a-rod

Arod could be a marked man in 2015. Looks like he's been outed as a rat now by his own.

I understand the legal side of things. And I'm not familiar with what obligations the Players Union has to their players in situations like this. But I can say, if I have an employee who I know is guilty, and they want to fight the fight, I'm letting the process play out and not putting myself out there to defend my employee.

And if I was a player, I would be pissed too!