PDA

View Full Version : Possible USC Game Used Jersey - Thoughts?

RaiderNationPDX
01-11-2014, 08:48 PM
Picked this up today and don't quite know what I have. It's a c. 2002-Present USC jersey, size 46, made by Nike. Number is 5, which immediately made me think replica (figured no GU Reggie Bush jersey would be in a resale shop at that price). Some light wear in terms of pulls in the yellow shoulder inserts, marks on the sleeve numbers, etc. No obvious, large hit marks. There's a large stain on the back numeral and surrounding fabric.

Bought it anyway, and after looking at some photos of game used USC jerseys, the tagging, manufacturer, etc., all look correct for a team-issued or game worn jersey. The window in which this jersey could have been worn is small, since they switched to this style in 2002 and the number 5 was retired after Bush left USC in 2005. Only other player this could have been attributed to is safety DeShaun Hill in 2002.

I've seen a photo of Bush in a size 44, and heard of him wearing a 42, but 46 may be too big. DeShaun Hill was slightly larger, so a 46 may make sense.
Additionally, the wear seems too light for a running back's jersey, so this also points me away from Bush.

Any thoughts? The way I see it, the three conclusions I'm debating are:

This jersey is a really well-done replica/fake
This jersey was issued to/worn by DeShaun Hill
This jersey was issued to/worn by Reggie Bush

The third choice, in my opinion, is highly unlikely, but I'm interested in hearing everyone's opinions. Thanks in advance!

GoGators
01-11-2014, 09:55 PM
It appears to be an authentic game-issued jersey at least. I've never seen a replica made in this cut.

In looking at photos of both Reggie Bush and DeShaun Hill on Getty, it appears Bush wore a skill-cut jersey, and Hill wore a line cut. That's not to say this is definitively a Hill jersey, but that would seem to be the most likely player of the two. Good luck in your search!

RaiderNationPDX
01-12-2014, 01:53 AM
Thanks for the info; good call on the cut. Didn't notice that looking at Getty previously.

Now if only there was a photomatch to one of those pics of Hill; no such luck, sadly. He doesn't appear to have been a heavily photographed player.

Phil316
01-12-2014, 02:50 AM
Value Village find ? The yellow tag looks familiar.

RaiderNationPDX
01-12-2014, 11:41 AM
Value Village find ? The yellow tag looks familiar.

You got it. Not usually where I find my best stuff, but yesterday was apparently an exception. Hanger is blocking the price, but suffice it to say I significantly underpaid for this.

Phil316
01-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Great find. I have no doubt it is at the very least team issued. It's all about being there at the right time when they roll out a rack. I know around here I have found plenty of game used/issued. Keep up the good finds!