X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDubbs73
    • Dec 2011

Cubs introduce new mascot

Thoughts from Cubs fans?

The Chicago Cubs announced the first official mascot in their modern history -- Clark, a "young, friendly Cub" who wears a baseball cap backward and will greet fans as they enter Wrigley Field.
  • PAC
    Banned
    • Jan 2012

Re: Cubs introduce new mascot

Looks like a really bad bootleg version of Kit from Disney's "Talespin"

Comment

• Roady
      • Jun 2012

That's just pitiful.

Comment

• coxfan
        • Feb 2009

About 4 years ago the Charlotte Knights (AAA) had a toy bear that was numbered and signed by Ernie Banks. They had trouble selling it so they gave it to me free (for my grandkids) when I made a big purchase from them. So I guess the idea of a mascot's not totally new with the Cubs, in some form.

Decades ago the Braves had Chief Noc-A-Homa, who would do a war dance after each Braves' HR. I guess modern sensitivities ended that one. Anything that makes the park kid-friendly seems fine to me.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
          Banned
          • Apr 2009

Shouldn't the Cubs worry more about improving their team instead? Clark the Bear may end up being as big an annoyance inside the ballpark as the Ballhawks are outside the park.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• W_EISENHUTH
            • Sep 2005

Hard to improve on this one:

Click image for larger version

Name:	cubbie.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	694948

Comment

• rufusandherschel
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by sox83cubs84
              Shouldn't the Cubs worry more about improving their team instead?

Dave Miedema
              +1

Comment

• Roady
                • Jun 2012

I may be wrong but the Cubs, Padres, Astros, and present Marlins owners don't seem to concerned with winning. It is a money making business and winning is just a bonus if it happens.

Comment

• JDubbs73
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Roady
                  ?..and present Marlins owners don't seem to concerned with winning. It is a money making business and winning is just a bonus if it happens.
                  Living in South Florida and having been a fan of this team since their inaugural season, this truly resonates with me. Past to present, the spending then purging antics of this franchise have turned me off to baseball. The final straw was building the new stadium in the middle of a poorly accessible area in Miami. Ownership alienated a large percentage of its attending fan base by doing so.

Comment

• jake33
                    • Nov 2005

On Chicago sports talk radio, they are just pounding on the the new mascot. I do think they botched this one myself.

Hoenstly, I do not think the Cubs or White Sox are "Family" entertainment.

Wrigley Field is basically a palce to party and drink. Not sure why people want to pay so much to go do that there, but when i went to Wrigley the first time in 1990, by no means do I think it was a Family enviroment. I was a baseball fan, so i didn't need the bells and whistles to make me enjoy it, but more of a generalized taste Chicago type of feel to it, yet with a strong national fan base.

The White Sox too, moreso seems like "Your local neighborhood baseball team" much more of a localized feel to it. Not the best area in town to have a team as well. Over the eyar of going to the Cell in Chicago, I wouldn't say it is the best kid-friendly place out there.

Comment

• johnsontravis@ymail.com
                      • Dec 2013

It does little for family entertainment as there is nothing for bored kids to do during the game. Its far from a more modern stadium like Miller Park that has endless stuff for kids to do before and during games.

They are making %10 of attendees happy and just making an annoyance for 90%.

You will still have a kid screaming "I'm bored daddy/mommy!" Right behind you.

Comment

• PAC
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2012

Comment

• tella27
                          • Jul 2011

I know there are a lot of Cub fans on here but the Cubs as an organization are a joke. They are the only team that even as the team continues to stink year after year they raise the prices. How can they expect people to bring the family out when they are charging almost $100 for bleacher tickets (what are normally the least expensive ticket anywhere else) and nothing but drunk idiots everywhere. The funniest part is every Cub fan at the games act as if the Cubs are in first place and have won season after season...

Going to a Cubs game is the most miserable time in all of pro sports but slightly above the WNBA..

Comment

• jbean023
                            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by tella27
                            I know there are a lot of Cub fans on here but the Cubs as an organization are a joke. They are the only team that even as the team continues to stink year after year they raise the prices. How can they expect people to bring the family out when they are charging almost $100 for bleacher tickets (what are normally the least expensive ticket anywhere else) and nothing but drunk idiots everywhere. The funniest part is every Cub fan at the games act as if the Cubs are in first place and have won season after season...

Going to a Cubs game is the most miserable time in all of pro sports but slightly above the WNBA..
                            Chris all we care about is that a Cardinals fan like yourself continues to live in Chicago and pay city taxes and support the Cubs. you should probably check ticket prices before you make your crazy assumptions as well. In two seasons went from bottom half of a farm system to top 5. Very exciting time to be a Cubs fan!!!

Comment

• nevrdiez34
                              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by tella27

Gotta love Cardinal fan bias throwing stereotypes around. If you hate it so much at Wrigley, don't go. Trust me, you won't be missed.
                              Always looking for Chicago Cubs and Wrigley Field Items

Comment

Working...