PDA

View Full Version : Question for the bat people

kingjammy24
12-08-2006, 06:02 PM
bat people:

how do you feel about game-used bats that appear to have once had the barrel taped? do you not care or do you stay away?

if a bat clearly shows it once had tape on the barrel, is it likely that a player would go through the hassle of removing the tape to then use the bat in a game?

are ball marks on a barrel that was once taped a red flag?

discuss barrels that show evidence of having been taped and what it all means!

rudy.

Yankwood
12-08-2006, 06:57 PM
bat people:

how do you feel about game-used bats that appear to have once had the barrel taped? do you not care or do you stay away?

if a bat clearly shows it once had tape on the barrel, is it likely that a player would go through the hassle of removing the tape to then use the bat in a game?

are ball marks on a barrel that was once taped a red flag?

discuss barrels that show evidence of having been taped and what it all means!

rudy.Taped barrels usually denote bats used for batting practice. I always thought it was whoever received the bat after the player was done with it, that removed tape. I have seen players hand these bats to fans in the stands but have never gotten one myself. If used extensively, the tape sometimes starts to tear and come off during batting practice which could explain some of the ballmarks appearing on a previously taped barrel.

GameBats
12-08-2006, 09:21 PM
"is it likely that a player would go through the hassle of removing the tape to then use the bat in a game?"

Answer: 100% NO