PDA

View Full Version : Card companies are out of control ...

marino13
01-18-2014, 05:36 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Topps-Five-Star-MIKE-MUSSINA-AUTO-PATCH-FSAP-MM-SER-1-1-WOW-/380817449702?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item58aa7d22e6

Hologram number LH227234 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under TEAM ISSUED PANTS.
Session Product Description: YANKEES HOME PANTS
Session Name: YANKEES AUTHENTICATION
Session Date: November 13, 2008
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: MUSSINA

Nice card ... for a nice game issued PANT ... :D

And I guess the seller really not doing his homework, but then again, there are a lot of buyers out there who are not as educated also.

MLB~NUT
01-19-2014, 12:56 AM

Heres a Nice auto/bat card....:p

MLB~NUT
01-19-2014, 01:01 AM
Or this one....;)

8120A

PAC
01-19-2014, 02:14 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Topps-Five-Star-MIKE-MUSSINA-AUTO-PATCH-FSAP-MM-SER-1-1-WOW-/380817449702?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item58aa7d22e6

Hologram number LH227234 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under TEAM ISSUED PANTS.
Session Product Description: YANKEES HOME PANTS
Session Name: YANKEES AUTHENTICATION
Session Date: November 13, 2008
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: MUSSINA

Nice card ... for a nice game issued PANT ... :D

And I guess the seller really not doing his homework, but then again, there are a lot of buyers out there who are not as educated also.

Please tell me what part of anything the card itself or the seller said is untrue...

Seller sells it's an "auto patch card"...which it is

Card says it contains a "relic that is not from any specific event"...also true

The card is stupid, sure, but you're off base by trying to insinuate that the card and/or seller are being dishonest

R_Aaronson
01-19-2014, 05:36 AM
Please tell me what part of anything the card itself or the seller said is untrue...

The card is stupid, sure, but you're off base by trying to insinuate that the card and/or seller are being dishonest

Well the front of the card says "game worn patch" while the database says "team issued pants"

I also don't like that they're yankees pants but the card is him in an orioles jersey

-Randy

yanks12025
01-19-2014, 07:49 AM
The hologram is dated AFTER the season. So they could have been used but mlb didn't see them being used so they're listed as issued.

How many people here have bought jerseys listed as issued but either show use or are photo matched. So is it wrong that when we sell those jerseys as game used but the hologram is saying issued.

marino13
01-19-2014, 09:29 AM

As the thread started with "CARD COMPANIES ARE OUT OF CONTROL.."...:D

But I never mentioned that "the seller are being dishonest" - he/she might be uneducated about the hologram and its meaning.

But then again -

2013 Topps Five Star MIKE MUSSINA AUTO PATCH #FSAP-MM SER #1/1 AWESOME JERSEY PIECE AMAZING AUTO A MUST HAVE FOR ANY MUSSINA COLLECTOR..

now that you mentioned it --- a jersey is NOT a pant. I would say that is dishonest (mistake or not).

(I am not going to get into the issued versus used .. :D )

marino13
01-19-2014, 09:36 AM
Continue with the the "out of control" theme ...

For $7,500 -- I know I can get at least 2-3 bats from Marc directly. A complete (cracked or uncracked) bat instead of a couple square inches.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-TOPPS-FIVE-STAR-Miguel-Cabrera-Bat-Plate1-1-TRUE-1-1-/121257342422?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item1c3b8035d6

Another thing, $400 for a pack of card and hoping to get the so called "holy grail" one of one --- that is just too much for the card company to be doing.

timb69
01-19-2014, 09:52 AM
This is why I stopped collecting cards and went to jerseys :)

johnsontravis@ymail.com
01-19-2014, 10:15 AM
You are judging a different hobby and what it values. A card with the hologram is extremely rare in the card hobby world. And it is worth every penny of what the EBay buyer was asking.

They collect cards and we collect game used items...two different hobbies.

CPuente57
01-19-2014, 10:46 AM
You are judging a different hobby and what it values. A card with the hologram is extremely rare in the card hobby world. And it is worth every penny of what the EBay buyer was asking.

They collect cards and we collect game used items...two different hobbies.

That's true, I was in that hobby for over 20 years before I made the switch. That's also why people spend so much on high end rookie autograph patches even though most of those jerseys are event worn from the rookie premiere events. I know a lot of card collectors like the look of a jumbo multi-colored patch, or a logoman regardless of the authenticity or if it was just worn for 5 seconds by a player at the event. They'd rather just assume it's real and not really about the authenticity aspect.