Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HunterFikes
    • Aug 2006

Alabama Jersey Manufacturer

Does anyone know who manufactured Alabama Football Jerseys in the late 1980s? When did they change to Nike? I recently purchased a Jersey from the late 1980s and its a Russell? Are there any things I should look fro when attempting to authenticating it?
  • G1X
    • Nov 2005

Re: Alabama Jersey Manufacturer

The Crimson Tide wore Russell through 1994 before switching to Nike in 1995. The 1980s/early '90s Russell jerseys should have screened-on numbers on the front and back only. They stopped putting numbers on the sleeves in the early 1970s. They had name plates added around 1982, took them off again for a couple of years, and then appears to have added them for good around 1987. However, I would need to do some research to confirm the name plate info.

Hope this helps!

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Always begging for WFL uniforms, NFL/AFL durene jerseys, and any jerseys of Alfred Jenkins (Falcons or Birmingham WFL) or Gerard Williams ('Skins, 49ers, Cardinals or Birmingham WFL).

Comment

• HunterFikes
      • Aug 2006

Thanks. It is from 1987 to 1990. It has the name and doesn't have numbers on the sleeves. I am all but positive it is real. I just don't know if it was worn in a game. If I could determine the year I would have a better idea if it was game used or just issued.

Comment

• G1X
        • Nov 2005

Does the jerseys show any signs of use? What number is on the jersey and who is the player? Post some photos, or contact me at gixc@verizon.net, and I will try to help.

Mark Hayne
        Gridiron Exchange
        gixc@verizon.net

Looking for WFL uniforms, NFL/AFL durene jerseys, and any jerseys of Alfred Jenkins (Falcons or Birmingham WFL) or Gerard Williams ('Skins, 49ers, Cardinals or Birmingham WFL).

Comment

• HunterFikes
          • Aug 2006

I don't see a ton of use. The letters on the name are a little worn in spots. The sleeves seem a little shorter than some jerseys I have owned in the past.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...