PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE N Y Yankee Great Buck Showalter Autographed Game Used Yankee 1990 Home Jersey

GALYSPORTS@AOL.COM
01-25-2014, 08:47 AM
N Y Yankee Great Buck Showalter Autographed Game Used Yankee 1990 Home Jersey

COST 450.00 FREE SHIPPING OR SEND ME YOUR BEST OFFER

N Y YANKEE GREAT
BUCK SHOWALTER

AND IT COMES WITH
THE ORIGINAL BILL OF SALE FROM THE N Y YANKEE ANNUAL FANFEST

New York Yankees[edit]
In 1990 Showalter was promoted to the coaching staff of the New York Yankees, and eventually succeeded Stump Merrill as the team's manager for the 1992 season. During his four years as the Yankees' manager, the team posted a record of 313–268, finishing first during the strike-shortened season, thereby being named by the Associated Press as the American League Manager of the Year and became the 1995 American League manager for the All-Star Game. The Yankees won the AL wild card in 1995, participating in the playoffs for the first time since 1981, but Showalter was not rehired by the Yankees after the 1995 season because of the loss in the playoffs and other fallouts from the strike.[9][10] It was the second time that the Yankees fired their managers as a result of a strike; the Yankees fired Gene Michael as a result of the 1981 strike.

The Yankees won the World Series the following year and they would win the World Series in 4 of the next 5 years. However, Showalter couldn't watch the Yankees win the World Series, saying that "I feel badly for the fans" in New York for what they lost during the 1994 strike.[14] During this time period Showalter appeared as himself along with Danny Tartabull in the 1994 Seinfeld television episode The Chaperone.

GALYSPORTS@AOL.COM
02-20-2014, 02:16 PM
Bump

GALYSPORTS@AOL.COM
02-27-2014, 10:55 AM
Email Me For Pictures ;;;; galysports@aol.com