PDA

View Full Version : MLB Batting Helmet questions

Ray371170
01-25-2014, 09:05 AM
Hello, How are you all. As in my last post , some of you may know, I purchased a Prince Fielder Batting Helmet. I was wondering. How long do they use these helmets before they are issued new ones? Is it possible that he used it in more than one game?? I remember read on this forum about the cost of batting helmets and only being issued a certain number of them . Sorry if it seems like a silly question. I value any info that you guys my bestow upon me. Thanks in advance

Ray

indyred
01-25-2014, 02:17 PM
They use helmets for several games. Some guys may only use one or two all season.

Easy to track helmets from photos. Love the guys who grease them up with tar. I think MLB wanted to crack down on guys covering the logo and makes the bat boys clean them up sometimes.

cruwet
01-25-2014, 02:37 PM
Some guys use the same helmet until it's cracked or absolutely worn out. I have a David Ortiz helmet that is photomatched to games in 2011 and into the 2012 season. I don't think Manny Ramirez had too many new ones issued to him either. Love batting helmets! Usually get tons more use than a jersey would and they can be easily photomatched.

Exit12
01-27-2014, 11:23 AM
Hey Ray, if I were you I'd reach out to Marc Himelstein Who is in charge of the game use Detroit tigers auctions and direct sales. He was very helpful in my dealings with him in my purchase of a few Miguel Cabrera items from his Triple Crown season. If you email any of the links at the bottom of their auctions that will put you in touch with him. I have his direct email if you're interested in it as well. I tried to PM you but you do not have it set up. -Ryan

Dach0sen0ne
01-27-2014, 12:56 PM
Your helmet being a Spring Training helmet was probably worn in all of the Spring Training games. The Tigers use the home style for both home and road games during spring training and are issued a new home and road helmet at the start of the regular season.