Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HawaiiSportsNut
    • Dec 2009

February 2014 "Pick-Ups" Thread

Just got this in the mail today. Thanks to Andrew aka allstarsplus for helping me to add three more Kurt Suzuki jerseys to my collection.

sigpic
  • HawaiiSportsNut
    • Dec 2009

Re: February 2014 "Pick-Ups" Thread

My apologies to everyone for jumping the gun on this one. Mods please delete this thread.
    sigpic

Comment

• gorphils
      • Jan 2007

Nice pickups!!

Comment

• allstarsplus
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by HawaiiSportsNut
        Just got this in the mail today. Thanks to Andrew aka allstarsplus for helping me to add three more Kurt Suzuki jerseys to my collection.

Fantastic and you are welcome! You stacked them so artistically! By the way, USPS was quick!
        Regards,
        Andrew Lang
        AllstarsPlus@aol.com
        202-716-8500

Comment

• gameused
          • Nov 2005

Rick,

You have a sweet Kurt Suzuki collection, congrat's on your latest pick-ups.

Bobby

Comment

• brianborsch
            • Dec 2005

Congrats Rick! Awesome jerseys!

Comment

• HawaiiSportsNut
              • Dec 2009

gorphils... Thanks
              Andrew... Thanks for getting the jerseys for me.
              Bobby... I am very happy with my latest additions.
              Brian... Thanks. Have you seen all the Kolten memorabilia that the GUU members have scored. I am so jealous.

Now I have 8 Nationals jersey, but no bats. I really need to get a Nats game used bat for my collection.
              sigpic

Comment

• brianborsch
                • Dec 2005

Rick,

Yes! I am jealous too. Contemplating moving to STL to have more access! But I am thinking about flying out there next year to attend the events!

Comment

• amgmap
                  • Apr 2006

Rick, congrats on the Suzuki additions! Good luck on your quest to find a Nats bat, I will keep an eye out for you.

On the same note, many thanks to Andrew for picking up a few items for me during Nats fest. I was able to add a Jordan Zimmermann bat hammered with use, a Ryan Zimmerman bat, Jordan Zimmermann hat marked as used for batting practice but due to the use I have a feeling it was used more than just for bp, and two pairs of Jordan Zimmermann game used pants from 2011 that show nice use.

Washington Nationals, Ryan Zimmerman, Bryce Harper
                  http://s927.photobucket.com/user/amgmap/library/
                  amgmap@gmail.com

Comment

• CampWest
                    • May 2008

A few Royals Fan Fest pickups this morning...

A few locker name plates from Spring Training of Noel Arguelles and some of my Fantasy Camp Alumni coaches (the Dennis Leonard plate was signed this morning as well). The hat is a 2012 Stars and Stripes gamer hat of Billy Butler.

The Hosmer bat is absolutely hammered with heavy use and MLB authenticated to a 6th inning break against Ubaldo Jimenez on 9/9/2013. Bat died a hero on a broken bat single. I am fairly certain I also have the bat photo matched to a 3-4 with a 3 run home run the day before on 9/8/2013... That was Hosmer's 49th career home run.
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic
                    Wes Campbell

Comment

• HawaiiSportsNut
                      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by brianborsch
                      Rick,

Yes! I am jealous too. Contemplating moving to STL to have more access! But I am thinking about flying out there next year to attend the events!
                      You should try contacting some of the members to see if they would part with a few of their Wong memorabilia.
                      sigpic

Comment

• HawaiiSportsNut
                        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by amgmap
                        Rick, congrats on the Suzuki additions! Good luck on your quest to find a Nats bat, I will keep an eye out for you.

On the same note, many thanks to Andrew for picking up a few items for me during Nats fest. I was able to add a Jordan Zimmermann bat hammered with use, a Ryan Zimmerman bat, Jordan Zimmermann hat marked as used for batting practice but due to the use I have a feeling it was used more than just for bp, and two pairs of Jordan Zimmermann game used pants from 2011 that show nice use.
                        Thanks... Wow! I can't believe that you got two pairs of Zimmerman's game used pants. I have been looking for a pair or two of Kurt's pants for quite some time now. I would think that there would be more pants than jerseys available for most players being that they would incur more damage than jerseys. Good luck with your Zimmerman collection.
                        sigpic

Comment

• allstarsplus
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by amgmap

You are so welcome for those pickups! The pants, caps, helmets and bats were in very small supply. The jerseys were there in large quantities but as a friend said after the 1st 30 minutes the supply was back to ex-players and coaches.

What I will say is that I found a cap I hadn't seen before and which wasn't previously available. Sometimes I think they are in box or shelf somewhere and show up eventually.

I was at Orioles fanfest yesterday and the supply of caps and jerseys were large but nothing was hologrammed. I will say that some jerseys we couldn't locate during the season ended up in the piles there. A few members here got some amazing pieces.

Hopefully some more will share their pickups.
                          Regards,
                          Andrew Lang
                          AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                          202-716-8500

Comment

• HawaiiSportsNut
                            • Dec 2009

I was finally able to take individual pics of the 3 Kurt Suzuki jerseys that I got from Andrew.

sigpic

Comment

• rchimes13@yahoo.com
                              • Jan 2011

Couldn't be happier with my recent pick-up that just arrived today. 2003 Cincinnati Reds alternate Sunday jersey of the late Dernell Stenson. I have been looking for an appealing 2003 jersey for awhile due to it being the first season in GABP for the Reds and was extremely happy to stumble on this. This was the last jersey that Dernell wore during the 2003 season and went 2-4 with a HR as well. RIP
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...