PDA

View Full Version : Sad story ...

LEGEND33
02-02-2014, 02:52 AM
About 5 years ago i bought 4 jerseys onn ebay, never received. Iremember seller told me about health problems and that he apologize for the delay in shipment.
I trusted him and didn’t use any ebay/ paypal protection.

Now i see one of the jersey on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271387580696?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I searched in to my files (at that time i used to save a copy of all my tansactions and pics) and i find the jerseys.

I contacted the seller (same seller with different nickname and perfect positive feedback)) but after few e-mail he answered

“First you tell me you didnt recieve the blue north jersey then you tell me you didnt recieve any of the jerseys, frankly i dont know what to think. The fact that you are contacting.me six years after you state you didnt get your jersey dosent give your story credibility. In the.mean time iwill be contacting.ebay about possible fraud and extortion on your part amd istrongly suggest you refrain from contacting me in the future....!

Sic! :(
I tried to contact ebay but they didn’t replay.

Not expensive jerseys but a sad story.:(

johnsontravis@ymail.com
02-02-2014, 09:14 AM
So you believed in a "health problem" and decided not to use eBay protection after a couple weeks?...hard to feel bad for you.

Roady
02-02-2014, 09:29 AM
So you believed in a "health problem" and decided not to use eBay protection after a couple weeks?...hard to feel bad for you.

So are you one of those who believe if someone leaves their car door unlocked they deserved to get robbed?

Blaming the victim is really getting old. LEGEND33 didn't do anything wrong at all. Nothing. He trusted another person and that person ripped him off apparently.
Maybe he should not have trusted him but that was his call. If the seller ripped him off then it is the sellers fault and not the victims. The seller had a choice to do right tor do wrong.

We have to stop blaming the victims for what a perpetrator does.

otismalibu
02-02-2014, 09:42 AM
First off, LEGEND33 is an honorable gentleman and true old-school collector. You won't see him listing all his $500+ sale items in the Recent Pickups thread. He takes his collection on tour. He's also across the Atlantic where it's going to take a couple of weeks for items to arrive, even when they're shipped promptly. So, unlike many eBay buyers who begin to soil themselves if their item isn't in hand in 3 days, his items may take closer to 3 weeks to arrive, if the seller is dragging his feet.

I guess this guy shipped the jersey to Italy and it just got lost. And then he was lucky enough to be reunited with the jersey at a future date and is listing it again. Seems plausible.

Jags Fan Dan
02-02-2014, 09:45 AM
Wow, it would sure be easy to make his life rough as a seller now. You could win a few auctions of his and then begin to have your own "health problems".

Lunytune2
02-02-2014, 09:55 AM
Being 5 years and another user name , is it possible the "HEALTH PROBLEM" escalated into death and now is an inheritance being sold by someone with no knowledge of the original transaction ?

Lunytune2
02-02-2014, 10:03 AM
There is 30 miles between the 2 locations.

3arod13
02-02-2014, 10:06 AM
Here is Ebay Member User ID history

johnsontravis@ymail.com
02-02-2014, 10:50 AM
So are you one of those who believe if someone leaves their car door unlocked they deserved to get robbed?

Blaming the victim is really getting old. LEGEND33 didn't do anything wrong at all. Nothing. He trusted another person and that person ripped him off apparently.
Maybe he should not have trusted him but that was his call. If the seller ripped him off then it is the sellers fault and not the victims. The seller had a choice to do right tor do wrong.

We have to stop blaming the victims for what a perpetrator does.

By no means am I saying what the seller did was right, it was totally wrong and he shouldnt be on EBay.

I can't really feel bad for the buyer though. You should NEVER let protection period pass with a still unshipped item. If you decide to let it pass I am sorry but that was a bad idea.

Buyer decided to trust someone he doesn't know on a site well known to be loaded with scammers....and he got burned.

Just my opinion.

Roady
02-02-2014, 11:03 AM
By no means am I saying what the seller did was right, it was totally wrong and he shouldnt be on EBay.

I can't really feel bad for the buyer though. You should NEVER let protection period pass with a still unshipped item. If you decide to let it pass I am sorry but that was a bad idea.

Buyer decided to trust someone he doesn't know on a site well known to be loaded with scammers....and he got burned.

Just my opinion.

That says more about you than it does the buyer.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
02-02-2014, 11:15 AM
That says more about you than it does the buyer.

And if you don't lock your car door I don't think you deserved to be robbed, but if you do get robbed...well. Kinda hard to feel bad for someone if they decided not to lock their car and end up getting robbed. Kinda asking for it.

Lunytune2
02-02-2014, 11:29 AM
O ok , My theory was wrong , by the way , the seller just ended the auction !!

earlywynnfan
02-02-2014, 11:58 AM
And if you don't lock your car door I don't think you deserved to be robbed, but if you do get robbed...well. Kinda hard to feel bad for someone if they decided not to lock their car and end up getting robbed. Kinda asking for it.

And if I see some girl in shorty-shorts and a tube top drinking in a bar, is she "asking for it?"

LEGEND33
02-02-2014, 12:39 PM
Thanks Greg.

I agree with the seller that 5 years are a long time to remember and to claim an item but a look to paypal account would be enough..

What make me sad is that he told methat i am trying an extortion to him…:mad:

LEGEND33
02-02-2014, 01:25 PM
I received a msg from the seller right now.
He offer to me the jersey

but I feel satisfied with the sincere explanation.

just an old italian custom...;)

3arod13
02-02-2014, 01:53 PM
I received a msg from the seller right now.
He offer to me the jersey

but I feel satisfied with the sincere explanation.

just an old italian custom...;)

+1

sox83cubs84
02-02-2014, 08:12 PM
About 5 years ago i bought 4 jerseys onn ebay, never received. Iremember seller told me about health problems and that he apologize for the delay in shipment.
I trusted him and didn’t use any ebay/ paypal protection.

Now i see one of the jersey on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271387580696?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I searched in to my files (at that time i used to save a copy of all my tansactions and pics) and i find the jerseys.

I contacted the seller (same seller with different nickname and perfect positive feedback)) but after few e-mail he answered

“First you tell me you didnt recieve the blue north jersey then you tell me you didnt recieve any of the jerseys, frankly i dont know what to think. The fact that you are contacting.me six years after you state you didnt get your jersey dosent give your story credibility. In the.mean time iwill be contacting.ebay about possible fraud and extortion on your part amd istrongly suggest you refrain from contacting me in the future....!

Sic! :(
I tried to contact ebay but they didn’t replay.

Not expensive jerseys but a sad story.:(

A bit of-topic, but in late 2013 I had a guy I knew as a teenager write to me and claim that I never paid him for items I allegedly (but did not) sell for him when he went to college....in 1979!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Now THAT may be a record.

Dave Miedema