PDA

View Full Version : Possibly worst and most boring Super Bowl ever?

johnsontravis@ymail.com
02-02-2014, 09:49 PM
That was just awful performance by the Broncos. It was over by halftime and only got worse. I could barely stay awake through that.

And the commercials were horrible too.

Congrats to the Seahawks, but blowout Super Bowls suck.

otismalibu
02-02-2014, 09:59 PM
You clearly missed the very brief DrJ clip during the Bob Dylan Chrysler ad. :D

marino13
02-02-2014, 10:14 PM
After the first play, scoring play that is, I threw out my super bowl box numbers. :D

That was worst than watching paint dries.

joelsabi
02-02-2014, 11:20 PM
After the first play, scoring play that is, I threw out my super bowl box numbers. :D

That was worst than watching paint dries.

2,0 didnt pay off until the second quarter.

cjw
02-02-2014, 11:27 PM
Brutal.

tp_53@yahoo.com
02-03-2014, 08:26 AM
Yeah it was a pretty sucky Super Bowl all the way around. I was hoping for at least winter weather with all the hoopla people were saying about a cold weather Super Bowl, but mother nature couldn't even come through! Reminds me of the early 90's beat downs of old.

That being said, I would have loved it if I were a Seattle fan! Congrats to them!

mbenga28
02-03-2014, 09:38 AM
Imagine the hit for all the memorabilia companies that would have profitted greatly had the Broncos won.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
02-03-2014, 12:54 PM
Yeah it was a pretty sucky Super Bowl all the way around. I was hoping for at least winter weather with all the hoopla people were saying about a cold weather Super Bowl, but mother nature couldn't even come through! Reminds me of the early 90's beat downs of old.

That being said, I would have loved it if I were a Seattle fan! Congrats to them!

Yah those 45 degree temps and it wasn't even the coldest Super Bowl on record....it was a joke all the way through. Literally there isn't one thing good I will remember.

Jags Fan Dan
02-03-2014, 02:07 PM
Call me crazy, but I kept thinking the Broncos would make a game of it. I told my wife when it was 15-0 "It's probably a good thing Seattle got out to a lead, because things could get interesting real fast." But they didn't. Honestly, I can't remember a team that was as good as the Broncos ever melting down so thoroughly in every phase of the game for a complete game. I was not really rooting for either team, but if I was a Broncos fan, you might have to talk me off a ledge. Yikes!

xsentrixsupra
02-12-2014, 11:08 AM
Call me crazy, but I kept thinking the Broncos would make a game of it. I told my wife when it was 15-0 "It's probably a good thing Seattle got out to a lead, because things could get interesting real fast." But they didn't. Honestly, I can't remember a team that was as good as the Broncos ever melting down so thoroughly in every phase of the game for a complete game. I was not really rooting for either team, but if I was a Broncos fan, you might have to talk me off a ledge. Yikes!

I feel Broncos fans in a way have to be sort of used to it? Besides those 2 they won in the late 80s pretty sure the other losses were 42-10 and 55-10(positive on this 1 cuz it was against my 49ers) so I mean, an older seasoned Broncos fan has to be aware :)

It was a very boring game from just a game perspective, but if you had some props and things like that, it was still interesting right up to the point where they announced the MVP and the MVP spoke!

Mark17
02-17-2014, 08:25 PM
For decades I've heard people like Howie Long and Howard Cosell talk about how defense wins championships. Well, I have never seen a defense so thoroughly smother a quality offense the way Seattle did in that Super Bowl. Then when you consider the fact the Broncos set all-time records for scoring this past season, it really is amazing.

Seattle almost shut them out. Imagine if they had - in that case they would've had all the points they needed about 12 seconds into the game, and that after electing to kick off rather than receive!

So to me there was one thing redeeming about the game. That's the most incredible display of team defense I have ever seen or am likely to ever see.

NEFAN
02-21-2014, 02:21 PM
Yah those 45 degree temps and it wasn't even the coldest Super Bowl on record....it was a joke all the way through. Literally there isn't one thing good I will remember.

The National Anthem was good, Bruno Mars wasn't bad either.