• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KGoldin
    • Sep 2012

That was REALLY SAD...Wasnt it? Super Bowl

Great for Seahawks fans
    terrible for rest of the country.
    although I wish I was in NYC and bought that Russell WIlson GU jersey that didn't meet reserve yesterday
  • marino13
    • Feb 2010

Re: That was REALLY SAD...Wasnt it? Super Bowl

It was a bore-fest, at best.

I stopped watching at half-time.

If anything, I thought ELI was playing instead of Peyton. That was just beyond NUTS.

Comment

• Dewey2007
      • Dec 2007

Felt a little bad for Peyton. That's a tough way to end such a great season. From that first snap you knew it was going to be a tough day. He's definitely the greatest regular season QB...not the greatest playoff QB.

Originally posted by KGoldin
      Great for Seahawks fans
      terrible for rest of the country.
      although I wish I was in NYC and bought that Russell WIlson GU jersey that didn't meet reserve yesterday
      sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

• gingi79
        • Aug 2007

I don't know who should feel more cheated. Peyton fans for that performance of Eli for faking game used gear.
        Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• jpipes
          • Jan 2013

I dunno sometimes you just have to enjoy a classic dominating beat down.

> He's definitely the greatest regular season QB...not the greatest playoff QB.

I think Aaron Rodgers still holds the best single season QBR in the NFL. Manning is a great QB but not sure about the best regular season.

I was certainly wondering how a loss would impact the value of his jersey. I'm sort of stunned one sold for 29k yesterday and that Wilson didnt. I agree with the above poster I would have loved to have bid on that one that didnt sell! Double your money in the spot! Anyway a loss may mean my Rodgers gets more bids now!

Comment

• jmeekins33
            • Jul 2013

That game sealed it for me. I will never watch another NFL football game. Period. I'm done. It's been a long time coming, I've debated it, but I've finally had enough.

Dunzo.

Comment

• r_phelps
              • Sep 2007

I wish football was like baseball and when the score is ran up the players switched positions.

Comment

• jpipes
                • Jan 2013

Wait I'm confused. When a team is outclassed in a win or go home scenario and gets blown out that makes football bad? Not every game can go down to the wire in an epic dual between titans. Sometimes a team just gets destroyed. It happens.

Comment

• xpress34
                  • Sep 2008

Hey all...

Let me preface this by saying no sour grapes on my part - I live in the Denver Metro area, but I'm a Baseball guy and having grown up in Dallas, the Cowboys are still my team.

That said, outside of the really poor performance all around by the Broncos, two things irked me during this game.

1) Late in the game - already up by 35 points, and the Seahawks go for it on 4th and 2? That's like 1st pitch swinging after back to back jacks in baseball - poor sportsmanship and poor taste.

2) Why did Marcus Allen present the Lombardi Trophy? Why didn't they have Seahawk Legend and NFL HOFer Steve Largent on hand?

That's all I got.

As soon as the game was over, I stripped off my USAFA Jersey to my Rockies Tee Shirt and declared it Baseball Season!

- Smitty

Comment

• MLB~NUT
                    • Feb 2011

I'm with Smitty, footballs Over.... Hello Baseball!

Comment

• gameused
                      • Nov 2005

Sorry couldn't resist.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• dangerzone79
                        • Mar 2013

Personally I loved the game. I'm not a Manning fan, but I accept & appreciate his massive talent. The fact is he's just not a big game QB. Hopefully this finally puts to bed the notion that he's the greatest QB of all time. I will say I am a Patriots fan, and trying to be unbiased I truly believe Brady is the best there's ever been. Joe Montana is the only one that can take it from Brady. Manning's legacy was hinging on this game, and he couldn't deliver. If anyone in the world says that this is what they expected to happen as far as a final score... they are lying. HELLO BASEBALL SEASON!

Comment

• RKO18
                          • Sep 2008

Tough loss, but tough to pin it on Peyton when the rest of his team played so badly.

*Manning's 34 pass completions broke the all-time Super Bowl record (32) held by Tom Brady and Drew Brees.
                          *Manning passed Tom Brady to become the NFL's all-time leading passer in the postseason with 6,589 passing yards.
                          *Manning's postseason passer rating (89.2) is still higher than Brady (87.5), Roethlisberger (83.7) and Elway (79.7).

You just can't expect to win a Super Bowl when your running game yields 1.9 yards-per-carry, your defense allows the opponent to score at will, your special teams gives up a kickoff return for a touchdown to open the second half and your center snaps the ball into an immediate safety to begin the game.

Comment

• dangerzone79
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by RKO18
                            Tough loss, but tough to pin it on Peyton when the rest of his team played so badly.

*Manning's 34 pass completions broke the all-time Super Bowl record (32) held by Tom Brady and Drew Brees.
                            *Manning passed Tom Brady to become the NFL's all-time leading passer in the postseason with 6,589 passing yards.
                            *Manning's postseason passer rating (89.2) is still higher than Brady (87.5), Roethlisberger (83.7) and Elway (79.7).
                            Very valid points. But still, Brady has been in 5 SB's and won 3. He could easily be 5 of 5 had a couple plays been different. He has the ability to win the big games. Stats are great, but being able to deliver when it matters most isn't something that has a number. But you are totally right that many things went wrong besides Manning tonight.

Comment

• jmeekins33
                              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by dangerzone79
                              Very valid points. But still, Brady has been in 5 SB's and won 3. He could easily be 5 of 5 had a couple plays been different. He has the ability to win the big games. Stats are great, but being able to deliver when it matters most isn't something that has a number. But you are totally right that many things went wrong besides Manning tonight.
                              Manning was absolutely dominant in the AFC Championship a couple of weeks ago. Most people thought that was a pretty big game. Funny enough, he actually beat Tom Brady's team that day.

You must have missed that one.

Comment

Working...