PDA

View Full Version : Game used cleats

wildjimmy
02-02-2014, 10:21 PM
I have a pair if Derek lee cleats and the "spikes" are plastic. It appears they are his because I have photo matched the style and his number is embroidered on the tongue. I see there is a pair of aramis Ramirez ones on eBay that are plastic as well. I thought most if not all wore metal spikes. Can anyone shed some light on this topic?

Thanks
Jim

johnsontravis@ymail.com
02-02-2014, 10:57 PM
I have a pair if Derek lee cleats and the "spikes" are plastic. It appears they are his because I have photo matched the style and his number is embroidered on the tongue. I see there is a pair of aramis Ramirez ones on eBay that are plastic as well. I thought most if not all wore metal spikes. Can anyone shed some light on this topic?

Thanks
Jim

Depends on the player. Ryan Braun wore plastic for a short period in 2012 that just sold on EBay. The guy style matched them to a game in May, but when I went in July he wore metal.

Moral of story some players wear plastic/rubber.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
02-02-2014, 11:20 PM
I'm also guessing you are more likely to find infielders with plastic as from my experience metal is much better on grass and especially wet grass.

MLB~NUT
02-03-2014, 01:02 AM
I'm also guessing you are more likely to find infielders with plastic as from my experience metal is much better on grass and especially wet grass.

Agreed, all of A. Pujols cleats were Plastic that Ive ever saw! Where as M. Holliday's have been Metal, but I do have a GU pair of hu um C. Rasmus cleats and they're Plastic... Soo...:p

johnsontravis@ymail.com
02-03-2014, 08:02 AM
Agreed, all of A. Pujols cleats were Plastic that Ive ever saw! Where as M. Holliday's have been Metal, but I do have a GU pair of hu um C. Rasmus cleats and they're Plastic... Soo...:p

Then again with the perfect fielding condition they have it probably doesn't matter what they wear.