PDA

View Full Version : Ebay forum shout out

Eric
12-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Not sure I even understand this, but the forum gets a mention in a current ebay listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Game-issued-Chipper-Jones-un-used-2005-jersey-signed_W0QQitemZ260053665634QQihZ016QQcategoryZ272 64QQcmdZViewItem

Here's the description

You are bidding on a signed Game Issued Chipper Jones, 2005 home majestic jersey size 48, year tag Reads "48 05 S4, Tag on inside reads OO62 RN53157 The jersey shows little to know use at all. I know what your thinking, "this guy is nuts, he just said game issued". I have decided with all the problems with game used, game issued, if it does not have the MLB hologram, or I did not get it from the player right after the game, I can't be for sure he used it. I had a friend try to sell some of my jerseys for me,so when he started getting nasty emails he took them off early. I know everyone wants to clean up the hobby buisness, but the awnser is not trying to discredit good people who don't sit home by a computer all day looking at getty images to photo match , or talk with fans on the gameusedforum site. So because of the time issue I just talked about is why I had a friend sell them for me, because I did not want to do anything but send them out, because I was not home much working on the road alot and not having time to always answer emails. I know I will be on gameusedforum for doing this I just hope it's for the right reasons' not the wrong. With the Braves having so many different style name plates, and size of letters, it's to hard to keep up. I was told some of my jerseys were the wrong letter size, so I called the Braves who I bought the jersey from, and they informed me they have a lady who will make a jersey for the rookie call ups, or a star jersey when they run out. The person who told me this said the braves only do that for rookies who were called up of the 40 man roster and discovered that it was not true. Because of all this I have decided to sell all of my jerseys that I did not get in person to sell. I will be selling 195 Braves jerseys, 99% all have year tags, as well as 85 Rockies jerseys to be sold as game issued. I will try to awnser all your emails in a timely matter thanks so much for bidding.

skipcareyisfat
12-11-2006, 03:32 PM
I know who this seller is. He's never posted here before and I'm not sure who the friend is he's referring to. I can tell you that he is (or was) one of the more serious Braves collectors out there. From everything I know about him, he seems to be an honest, knowledgeable guy and has a pretty impressive collection. Modern Braves star material practically grows on trees so I don't blame him for wanting to get rid of some of it unless it was acquired personally.

kylehess10
12-11-2006, 03:38 PM
I know who this seller is. He's never posted here before and I'm not sure who the friend is he's referring to. I can tell you that he is (or was) one of the more serious Braves collectors out there. From everything I know about him, he seems to be an honest, knowledgeable guy and has a pretty impressive collection. Modern Braves star material practically grows on trees so I don't blame him for wanting to get rid of some of it unless it was acquired personally.

Yea I've seen in pictures some of the stuff he has and it's incredible! One thing that he has that I like the most is the fielding glove that Andruw Jones wore for 3 seasons!