PDA

View Full Version : Please Note That I Am Not Selling Any Of My Items...

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
02-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Good morning.

I would just like to start off by saying that I am very flattered by all of the compliments and attention that the latest items that I have acquired for my personal collection have brought. Although I have received several emails from other GUU members asking if I am interested in selling these items AND buying certain other items, I understand the forum rules about not advertising on the site (it is rule #4 in our forum rules) and that I have no interest in selling any of these items that I have recently posted or items posted by me in the past. These items were bought by me solely for my own personal collection and enjoyment. These very items were posted on this forum only to showcase them and share with other fellow members who maybe would appreciate them.

Thank you so much for your understanding...

Hoosier39
02-09-2014, 12:18 PM
You may want to put your future items in the monthly pick ups so there isn't any confusion.

VerifiedAutographsCom
02-09-2014, 12:23 PM
I'm just curious. Is a follow up post like this standard procedure after you post a series of high end jerseys from your collection? I am not familiar with all of the forum rules. Just wondering......

Phil316
02-09-2014, 12:29 PM
Visualconceptsnj you have offered to buy people's jerseys they are posting to "show off" so you should know you would get offers. Why is a new self indulgent thread needed? Why not just add on to your thread?

Jags Fan Dan
02-09-2014, 12:30 PM
I'm just curious. Is a follow up post like this standard procedure after you post a series of high end jerseys from your collection? I am not familiar with all of the forum rules. Just wondering......

I think the post could just go on the regular thread. Of course, and I am not alleging the OP is doing this, but from past experience, it seems the more someone posts about how they are not interested in selling an item the more likely it will be sold within 72 hours of the initial post.

5toolplayer
02-09-2014, 12:36 PM
VISUALCONCEPTSNJ has some of the nicest NFL game used stuff thats currently out there but once its in his collection it stays there. I've tried to pry some items out of his hands before with no luck. I, like everyone else enjoy looking at his jerseys and the photo matches he provides. Sorry guys but Jay keeps this stuff for his personal collection & enjoyment

Phil316
02-09-2014, 12:40 PM
VISUALCONCEPTSNJ has some of the nicest NFL game used stuff thats currently out there but once its in his collection it stays there. I've tried to pry some items out of his hands before with no luck. I, like everyone else enjoy looking at his jerseys and the photo matches he provides. Sorry guys but Jay keeps this stuff for his personal collection & enjoyment

That is not true he has openly admitted to selling/trading in the Bears thread.

VerifiedAutographsCom
02-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Visualconceptsnj you have offered to buy people's jerseys they are posting to "show off" so you should know you would get offers. Why is a new self indulgent thread needed? Why not just add on to your thread?

You seem to have a personal issue with VisualConceptsNJ.... Let's focus on the original topic of getting a grasp on the forum rules for posting so we can all be in compliance.

Phil316
02-09-2014, 12:54 PM
I have no personal issues towards him, I enjoy him posting his collection. :)

Since you ask, I have never seen a separate post as it is not the normal procedure. If anything add on to your original post. It bogs down and is not nessasary. There is a reason we have a pick-up thread.

Hoosier39
02-09-2014, 12:55 PM
You seem to have a personal issue with VisualConceptsNJ.... Let's focus on the original topic of getting a grasp on the forum rules for posting so we can all be in compliance.

I didn't get that from his post. I think he was saying there isn't a reason to make a new thread when he could've easily posted in the original thread.

And it looks like he does sell and trade:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=308922#post308922

But regardless, just post your pick ups in the monthly threads and none of this will be relevant. This thread should've never been made in the first place.

VerifiedAutographsCom
02-09-2014, 01:12 PM
I didn't get that from his post. I think he was saying there isn't a reason to make a new thread when he could've easily posted in the original thread.

And it looks like he does sell and trade:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=308922#post308922

But regardless, just post your pick ups in the monthly threads and none of this will be relevant. This thread should've never been made in the first place.

I went to the link that you posted and it seems that another member created a thread looking for game used cleats and VCNJ responded with information to help (He offered his cleats and showed two other sources for the desired items). Very helpful in my opinion so at this point I am very confused.

It seems that if you have a superior collection on this forum that you become a target for scrutiny. That's why I am just a junior member and I keep 90% of my collection off of this forum.

On a more important note..... Does anyone have any relevant information in regards to the rules for posting high end items, and the necessary disclaimers.

Jags Fan Dan
02-09-2014, 02:01 PM
I went to the link that you posted and it seems that another member created a thread looking for game used cleats and VCNJ responded with information to help (He offered his cleats and showed two other sources for the desired items). Very helpful in my opinion so at this point I am very confused.

It seems that if you have a superior collection on this forum that you become a target for scrutiny. That's why I am just a junior member and I keep 90% of my collection off of this forum.

On a more important note..... Does anyone have any relevant information in regards to the rules for posting high end items, and the necessary disclaimers.

There is really no reason not to share, if you don't want to hear from people just turn off mom's and don't put your email out there. And I'm not aware of any rules for posting any end items. Post what you like. You just can't sell them on here. That's all I am aware of.

Jags Fan Dan
02-09-2014, 02:02 PM
There is really no reason not to share, if you don't want to hear from people just turn off mom's and don't put your email out there. And I'm not aware of any rules for posting any end items. Post what you like. You just can't sell them on here. That's all I am aware of.

I love auto correct. Moms I guess is short for pm's in some computer vocab.

ChrisCavalier
02-09-2014, 02:41 PM
Okay everyone. Let me address the elephant in the room. While different websites have different policies, please note this is the way Game Used Universe chooses to run this site:

1) We offer a FREE service for collectors. We do not charge anyone for the use of this site or forum.

2) We do allow collectors to post items for sale up to $500. We do this for a few reasons, not the least of which is that we do not want to be involved with transactions outside our control that may involve large amounts of money. Specifically, Game Used Universe has been EXTREMELY instrumental in helping rid the industry of the selling of suspect and fraudulent memorabilia but, as many know, this issue has not totally been eliminated. While people say we can just say we are not liable if fraudulent items are sold by others on our site, those people clearly are not aware that we live in a litigious society where people will want to involve us if they get duped by someone selling through our site. While some may try to argue this point, this is not going to change and since we spent all the time and money to build the site, that is our choice.

3) If anyone does not like the fact that we offer a free service for them and that collectors can sell items for free up to $500, then you are welcome not to participate here. I'm not trying to be brass, I just want to be clear.

4) No one needs to inform me that people would like to have a site that someone else creates, spends all the money to build, moderates for free and they get to sell all their items for free. I ALREADY KNOW THAT. The point is, that is not going to happen here. We chose to keep the site as a free service under the conditions we have created.

5) If people would like to access our database and all the members we service for free to sell their items above $500, please feel free to contact me and we can discuss the auction venue to help you determine if you would like to use that option. There are a number of choices for you in the marketplace and I believe the one I represent, Goldin Auctions, is one of the best options out there. I will be happy to explain how it works and why I believe Goldin is a great option for you. Yes, there is a fee. However, I believe the fee more than pays for itself in terms of the amount of money you will likely get for your items.

Please do not address any further questions to Jay on this thread. I believe he did an admirable thing is saying that he recognizes the forum rules and is not trying to use the site to covertly sell his items. Thank you Jay for your consideration and your post. If anyone has any further further questions, please feel free to address them to me.

Sincerely,
Chris