PDA

View Full Version : Styrofoam head display

Roady
02-09-2014, 07:17 PM
I was thinking of using a cheap styrofoam head to display a hat. You can get them for around $5 off of Ebay.
Does anyone know of or think the styrofoam would pose any kind of danger to the hat?
This is like what I am thinking of using.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Male-Styrofoam-Foam-Mannequin-Manikin-Head-Stand-Model-Wig-Glasses-Hat-Display-/151209349067?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2334c78fcb

Roady
02-11-2014, 11:10 PM
I haven't found any long term danger to hats in my research.
And since none of you have apparently used one, know anything about them, or are just mum on the issue I may try one.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
02-11-2014, 11:37 PM
You could always get clever and put some kind of cloth between the hat and Styrofoam.

I imagine it wouldn't be that difficult to figure out a way if you are really worried about it.

Roady
02-12-2014, 08:28 AM
You could always get clever and put some kind of cloth between the hat and Styrofoam.

I imagine it wouldn't be that difficult to figure out a way if you are really worried about it.

Yeah, I thought about that. Good idea.
I was just wondering about the styrofoam because you never know if it will start breaking down after so long and the chemicals could leach into the hat.

scottishcowboy41
02-14-2014, 05:10 AM
What about a thin spandex-style skull-cap like some football players (Carolina's Cam Newton for example) wear under their helmets? It won't be visible or bulky under the cap and would give you peace of mind, even if the styrofoam is a stable substance longterm.

Roady
02-14-2014, 07:34 AM
What about a thin spandex-style skull-cap like some football players (Carolina's Cam Newton for example) wear under their helmets? It won't be visible or bulky under the cap and would give you peace of mind, even if the styrofoam is a stable substance longterm.

That is a good idea. :)

johnsontravis@ymail.com
02-14-2014, 07:44 AM

I was going to post this exact idea when I decided to stop being lazy. The cheapest I found was about $8...not too bad.