PDA

View Full Version : Sorry For The Site Outage

ChrisCavalier
02-11-2014, 03:55 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to say we apologize for any inconvenience the site outage from yesterday and part of today may have caused. I know a number of you look forward to reading the Game Used Universe site and connecting with the members of the community here each day.

The problem is this instance was a hardware issue (not in the operating system) and we needed outside people to help identify the problem and resolve it. That is why it took some time to get the site back online.

Thank you for all your patience during the outage and we hope you continue to enjoy everything on the Game Used Universe site. We also thank you for the privilege of allowing us to assist you with your collecting needs.

Sincerely,
Chris

michaellechner
02-11-2014, 04:27 PM
Thanks for working so hard to keep this site running for all of us Chris.

ChrisCavalier
02-11-2014, 05:27 PM
Thanks for working so hard to keep this site running for all of us Chris.
You are very welcome. My pleasure. I'm very glad the site is helpful to so many people.

-Chris

NeonStatus
02-11-2014, 05:54 PM
Would like to mention that the New Posts link at the top of the page is coming up with a database error message for me. Not sure if others are having the same problem. I do appreciate the work that everyone puts in to keep the site up.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
02-11-2014, 06:04 PM
Would like to mention that the New Posts link at the top of the page is coming up with a database error message for me. Not sure if others are having the same problem. I do appreciate the work that everyone puts in to keep the site up.

Also for me too^^^

But I Dont really use that feature so not a big deal for me.

JDubbs73
02-11-2014, 06:08 PM
Chris:

Far worse things happen every day. The site you have put together and maintain is a privilege for all of its members, and I can't imagine anyone being inconvenienced. Cheers!

I'm seeing the same thing...

ChrisCavalier
02-11-2014, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the information. We will look into it.

-Chris

kudu
02-11-2014, 08:17 PM
Search function is not working, as well.

AKSaint
02-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Chris:

Far worse things happen every day. The site you have put together and maintain is a privilege for all of its members, and I can't imagine anyone being inconvenienced. Cheers!

I'm seeing the same thing...

+1 Agreed, thanks for working to correct the problems Chris!

esquiresports
02-11-2014, 08:49 PM
Chris, thanks so much for the site. If it weren't for GUU, I don't think I'd have ever really gotten into the game used memorabilia hobby. I have learned a ton here and learn more every week.

ChrisCavalier
02-12-2014, 01:33 PM
Hey Guys,

Thank you so much for your feedback. In an industry that sometimes gets a bad rap for the unscrupulous activity that makes the news, it is really great to have a community like this one made up of well intended people who are willing to share information to help collectors. It is a pleasure to see and experience.

In addition, we have looked into the issues referenced in this thread and appears to be residual from the hardware issue we experienced previously. As such, we will be doing some work that will require the site to be down for a little while. We are scheduling to do this tomorrow night/Friday morning at around 2:00 AM EST so it hopefully won't affect too many people. Hopefully the work we do will correct the current issues.

-Chris

slab0meat
02-12-2014, 02:17 PM
Thanks for all the hard work.

tom1315
02-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Chris, I check the site on a daily basis…no problem from my end. Do see if you can fix as stated below some glitches still active like clicking on "new posts" and it will not take you cleanly to these.

Again, thank you for all that you do!

Tom

xsentrixsupra
02-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Not sure if this is related or not. I can't seem to search any of the forums. Every time I try to search I get an error. I thought maybe it was just me or something, but both my home computers and my office computer can't seem to search.

karamaxjoe
02-13-2014, 12:51 PM
My, my how times have changed. Three years ago this thread would have been ugly.;)

Juan Gris
02-13-2014, 10:48 PM
Chris, I really appreciate all you guys do that allows us to share knowledge and items in such a friendly environment. My collection wouldn't be what it was without this site.

frikativ54
02-13-2014, 10:55 PM
Not sure if this is related or not. I can't seem to search any of the forums. Every time I try to search I get an error. I thought maybe it was just me or something, but both my home computers and my office computer can't seem to search.

I'm having the same problem. :confused:

EricTheRed44
02-13-2014, 11:06 PM
I'm having the same problem. :confused:

Everyone is... thats why the message above the one you quoted said they're shutting the site down at 2am to try to take care of it.

ChrisCavalier
02-14-2014, 10:38 AM
I believe those issues have now been fixed. Please feel free to let me know if you guys are still experiencing any problems.

Thanks,
Chris

JDubbs73
02-14-2014, 11:24 AM
All seems to be working fine, thanks Chris...

carbonrosa
02-14-2014, 01:50 PM
Hi Chris, I'm having problems loading pictures of all sizes. Pictures that I have posted in the past now won't even post and when I try to search, an error message pops up instead of what I was searching for.
-Devin

R_Aaronson
02-15-2014, 05:08 AM
Chris,

I hate to pile on, but the "search" function is not working for me. I'm getting a "502 Bad Gateway" error. Won't work for me at home or work. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem.

Thanks,
Randy