PDA

View Full Version : Should I get it signed: Rivera

yanks12025
02-11-2014, 05:58 PM
So I own a game used main field pitching from 2010. It was used for two mariano Rivera saves. He is doing a public signing next month. To have him sign it would be $299 and to have him write "game used saves 537 & 538" would be a extra $99, so pretty much $400.

So do you guys think it is worth getting him to sign it or wait acouple years and hope his prices go down.

yanks12025
02-11-2014, 05:59 PM
Pitching Rubber**^

johnsontravis@ymail.com
02-11-2014, 06:01 PM
$400? To me that is insane...and I have a hard time believing that would increase its value $400. Unless you really want it signed I'd say no.

maverick14
02-11-2014, 06:02 PM
I wouldn't imagine prices going down, especially not 5 years from now....if you can afford it and you want it I say go for it.
I personally like my pieces signed.

R_Aaronson
02-11-2014, 06:10 PM
$400 is a little expensive right now, but I would still get it anyways. Like the previous poster, I don't see the price going down anytime soon, especially because he's a Yankee lifer.

He also has one of the nicest and cleanest autographs in sports, imo.

So yes, get it signed now (if you can afford it, which it sounds like you can).

-Randy

marino13
02-11-2014, 06:49 PM
Mariano is a as good as gold.

If you have a chance to get any gamer signed and inscribed, you should. As for the signature being affordable, you already dropped more than enough on the gamer, you SHOULD NOT have any worry about it?

But if you were spending your money on having bobblehead or anything generic (baseballs, jersey) - non-gamer, then yes, you are wasting your money.

Chess2899
02-11-2014, 07:30 PM
So I own a game used main field pitching from 2010. It was used for two mariano Rivera saves. He is doing a public signing next month. To have him sign it would be $299 and to have him write "game used saves 537 & 538" would be a extra $99, so pretty much $400.

So do you guys think it is worth getting him to sign it or wait acouple years and hope his prices go down.

Get it signed. It will give you peace of mind. I got 15 jerseys signed by Maddux and it cost over $4000 which was a killer, but I feel good about it because if he ever gets hit by a truck, I won't have any regrets.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
02-11-2014, 07:59 PM
I guess I should correct myself. It sounds like you want to get it signed for sure so I'd just get it signed. Pretty sure he has that contract with Steiner so I doubt prices ever really come down any time soon.

I personally don't see the value in players signing something and would actually prefer it not to be and pay less...that's just personal preference of mine, I know lots of people gotta have things signed.

I will say though his signature and inscription would look really nice on a pitching rubber. I envy you for having such an awesome piece.

joetiger83
02-11-2014, 08:26 PM
If it helps at all. I mailed a bat into Steiner a few weeks ago to be signed and inscribed by Rivera and the price was higher than what they quoted you for the public signing. I highly doubt you ever find it cheaper. If you want it signed, get it signed.

jojac
02-11-2014, 08:38 PM
My big concern would be how well will the signature hold up on a pitching rubber over time. I've seen signatures that fade out on home plates and pitching rubbers as time goes by so its something you might want to look into before spending that much cash. Another option is getting a photo from the time framed he used it and display that with the item.

esquiresports
02-11-2014, 08:43 PM
That is a very cool item. I have a few signed bases and I really enjoy them more with the player signatures on them (as opposed to jerseys, which I prefer not be signed). I don't think you will regret spending the $400 and I don't think you can lose at that price, as crazy as it sounds.

onlyalbert
02-11-2014, 08:45 PM
I'm going to make my pitch once again to get rid of the "game used" inscription on items that are clearly game used. How about "Career Saves......."? It just seems redundant especially if the item is authenticated. Any thoughts?

Chess2899
02-11-2014, 08:46 PM
I have a 3000 hit bat signed by all. To complete it, I had to send my bat to Steiner for Derek Jeter to sign. His fee was $600. I asked the representative why so much and he said because Jeter is able to get that for his signature. I had no choice but to complete the bat, but that $600 did not make me happy. Of course, I am not a Jeter fan.

onlyalbert
02-11-2014, 08:54 PM
I have a 3000 hit bat signed by all. To complete it, I had to send my bat to Steiner for Derek Jeter to sign. His fee was $600. I asked the representative why so much and he said because Jeter is able to get that for his signature. I had no choice but to complete the bat, but that $600 did not make me happy. Of course, I am not a Jeter fan.

They also charge $450 a Jeter inscription but he will only inscribe up to 3 words....so yes $150/word and I bet Steiner is getting at least half of that fee...or more.

onlyalbert
02-11-2014, 08:55 PM
My big concern would be how well will the signature hold up on a pitching rubber over time. I've seen signatures that fade out on home plates and pitching rubbers as time goes by so its something you might want to look into before spending that much cash. Another option is getting a photo from the time framed he used it and display that with the item.

Use a paint pen....won't bleed or fade.

BULBUS
02-13-2014, 07:23 AM
Mo is an awesome signer! Had him sign a game issued jersey a few years ago, maybe 2005?? He inscribed it "Last to wear 42". He even got up and took a pic with me and my wife. I think it was about $100 with the inscription back then ;)

MLB~NUT
02-14-2014, 02:51 PM
$400:eek: Hell yeah, do it! I really enjoy getting my game used pieces Signed by the player, if they don't already come that way!;)