PDA

View Full Version : Scott Rolen Game Used Bat

fhardenb
02-11-2014, 07:29 PM
I've been reading this forum for a while and I am hoping some of you on here can help me because, well you seem much more knowledgeable than me. I have the opportunity to buy a Scott Rolen game used bat that is supposedly from his 1997 season. Its a KC Slammer. Have any of you heard of him using this brand of bat? I haven't been able to find much out myself on the issue... Thanks!

emann
02-12-2014, 01:20 AM
I can't specifically answer for you, but I own a few Rolen bats and know that his usual brand was either Louisville Slugger or Mizuno.

Either way, his bats are not really difficult to find, so unless you're getting a great deal on the KC Slammer (at a price which makes any "risk" worth it), you might want to hold out for one of his more common brands...

ironmanfan
02-12-2014, 01:25 PM
have you tired Getty?

fhardenb
02-12-2014, 05:55 PM
That was really my big concern because I saw the same thing with his normal brands. The bat I'm looking at does come with a PSA cert but I'm not really sure how good those are when it comes to game used bats. The biggest reason its a draw for me is that it is supposedly from his 97 season, which I believe was his ROY year...

With regards to Getty, I tried but I guess I'm not as good as you guys on here because I couldn't find much of Scott that early in his career.