PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Help for suspected Fraud

skywpk
02-16-2014, 11:01 PM
Hi everyone,

My name is Calvin, I am from Hong Kong.
I am writing to seek help and advice for a suspected fraud case concerning member "Anabolicollege17", whose name real name is Matthew Corapi, from New York.

I sent him 2900 usd in total over the last few months and he promised to get me a few NBA R30 game issued jerseys. However, he has sent me nothing so far and i find he does not reply any of my emails anymore.

Since I am from HK, I have no idea what I should do under such circumstances. I wish you could offer me some help.

As far as I know, there are other members besides me who paid him and got nothing too.

Thanks.
Calvin

Phil316
02-16-2014, 11:44 PM
That member last posted January 10th. I would welcome a response from Matthew. Sorry you are having issues Calvin.

Skizzick
02-17-2014, 01:23 AM
Hi everyone,

My name is Calvin, I am from Hong Kong.
I am writing to seek help and advice for a suspected fraud case concerning member "Anabolicollege17", whose name real name is Matthew Corapi, from New York.

I sent him 2900 usd in total over the last few months and he promised to get me a few NBA R30 game issued jerseys. However, he has sent me nothing so far and i find he does not reply any of my emails anymore.

Since I am from HK, I have no idea what I should do under such circumstances. I wish you could offer me some help.

As far as I know, there are other members besides me who paid him and got nothing too.

Thanks.
Calvin
Did you send the money via Paypal?

skywpk
02-17-2014, 02:53 AM
Did you send the money via Paypal?
yes but it was long time ago, in which it has passed the time bar.

xsentrixsupra
02-17-2014, 09:10 AM
Thats very unfortunate. Hopefully he has a response. Not taking sides, but I did send 2 jerseys overseas at one point and it did take a lot longer than I was anticipating. Now granted I did convey this info to the person buying the jerseys, so he knew what was going on and had tracking information. I know how you feel though, just a simple update would be nice to know what the deal is so you aren't left wondering fearing the worst. Best of luck to both you guys to get it sorted out and make everyone happy.

Mattapan03
02-17-2014, 10:48 AM
He was posting like a madman on here in the Summer and Fall of 2013 but completely fell off the radar late in the NFL season

Thats awful Calvin and I hope you are able to track down your money.

I really don't know what I would do in your situation, but if you have all the emails trails and paypal reciepts/emails I would try and contact them first

ChrisCavalier
02-17-2014, 10:52 AM
Are there any other Game Used Universe members that have had the same experience with 'Anabolicollege17'? If so, can you please post here.

Thanks,
Chris

paul457
02-17-2014, 05:07 PM
His email is corapimatt@yahoo.com but you probably already knew that.

I had traded emails with him last summer as I wanted to put a partial deposit on some ProCut Nike jerseys he had on order. He insisted I pay in full price down and I wasn't going to give him $1500 for jerseys sight-unseen. So I never gave him money. He was really bad at responding to emails but he would post here daily.

FWIW people on Jersey Central are having the same problem as you, and someone mentioned possible health issues. So maybe all hope is not lost that you will get your stuff, but who knows.

I'd file a chargeback with your CC company tonight. Their rules likely differ from Paypal's. I'd also call Paypal and I wouldn't stop yelling until someone helps you. They can be difficult to deal with, but persistence might help.

Good luck - keep us posted.

yankees506
02-17-2014, 05:49 PM
If a member hasn't posted in a month or so and if you haven't gotten an email in that time too I'd worry about the members well being.......

Phil316
02-17-2014, 06:50 PM
Here is his facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/matthew.corapi?fref=browse_search

Try and drop him a message.

Phil316
02-17-2014, 06:56 PM
If that does not work try going on his friends list and look for people with his last name and start messaging them. Maybe ask them if he is ok since you have not heard from him in awhile. I wouldn't mention anything in regards to the situation until you find out if he is ok.

skywpk
02-17-2014, 08:25 PM
thanks everyone.

he is actually a moderator of jersey-central... i've contacted the other moderators and got told : "He is in the hospital and says that he is coming home this week. He will make a post when he gets home.

This is what he told me when I mentioned this situation to him"

Ironically, in his last email on 2 february, he said something contradict...
"Hey Calvin I just got out of the hospital. I did not forget I just spoke with the owner of our site. Il be recovered this week. I was not ignoring you I just didn't have my cell phone in the hospital. I apologize for the inconvenience, but yes I have not forgot about you at all. I sent my guy an email now to find out the status. I'll email you as soon as I hear from him. Thanks"

i'm not sure if he is in hospital, i just know he is healthy enough to change his fb profile pic less than an hour ago...

Phil316
02-17-2014, 08:46 PM
Hopefully your not getting the run around :rolleyes:

skywpk
02-17-2014, 08:50 PM
i have message the corapis on his friends list.

see if i could hear anything from him.

Roady
02-17-2014, 09:16 PM
Here is his facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/matthew.corapi?fref=browse_search

Try and drop him a message.

This is posted on his Facebook page at 9:27 pm Eastern Time so he is active.

Matthew Joseph Corapi changed his profile picture.
about an hour ago

sportsnbikes
02-17-2014, 11:22 PM
I would file a case with the Internet fraud division of the FBI if the situation doesn't start going your way.

skywpk
02-18-2014, 12:55 AM
I would file a case with the Internet fraud division of the FBI if the situation doesn't start going your way.

thank you for your reply.

how could i file the case as i'm in hong kong. through internet?

ChrisCavalier
02-19-2014, 01:01 PM
Hello Everyone,

Please note that I understand there may be personal issues that are delaying the reconciliation of the transactions referenced in this thread. However, I have banned the user Anabolicollege17 until these situations are resolved. We simply do not want to avail our members to those who are not handling these situations properly.

Please note that the banned member can contact us and, if these issues are resolved to everyone's satisfaction, Anabolicollege17 can potentially be reinstated.

We very much value the integrity of this forum and those who participate. As such, I am taking this action to protect those in this community.

Sincerely,
Chris

PAC
02-20-2014, 07:18 AM
If a member hasn't posted in a month or so and if you haven't gotten an email in that time too I'd worry about the members well being.......

He must not be too "under the weather" because he had plenty of time to show off his NY Knicks floor seats on Facebook and update his Jurassic Park cover photo.

akrover
02-20-2014, 12:01 PM
He must not be too "under the weather" because he had plenty of time to show off his NY Knicks floor seats on Facebook

Gee, wonder where he got the money to buy those...

skywpk
02-24-2014, 09:26 PM
just for update

this guy is full of lies. he told me he had some urgent kidney illness, and told the others his mail was messed up and stuff.

as far as i know he got like more than 4k deposits from member and sent out ZERO jersey so far.

he disappeared again when i asked him for a refund.

xsentrixsupra
02-24-2014, 10:10 PM
Wow thats awful man, sorry you have to go through that. I know it won't any better, but I'd definitely feel extra helpless being so far away across the ocean. Hope your card or your bank can help you.

Phil316
02-24-2014, 10:59 PM
Every one who got ripped off needs to start contacting his family members letting them know what is happening. Put the heat on this guy. Seems like he has ripped people off on other message boards as well.

Phil316
03-08-2014, 11:39 PM
Bump any update on this situation?

danesei@yahoo.com
03-09-2014, 10:57 PM
I'm not sure the FBI can really do anything, but you could contact your local (HK bureau) office of Interpol. Also, contact your CC company/bank and Paypal. File fraud cases with both. Even if it's past the 45 days, it's still fraud. Also, contact your local police department. Contact the police department in his city, as well. I hope this gets resolved.

sportsnbikes
02-14-2015, 11:01 AM
Did anything ever get resolved with this guy?

I have had luck with the Internet Fraud Division on the FBI. You can still file a case with them on the Internet.

volunteer
02-15-2015, 08:45 PM
My only suggestion is to file a police report online. I had to file one about two years ago and I got good results!