• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skywpk
    • May 2013

Seeking Help for suspected Fraud

Hi everyone,

My name is Calvin, I am from Hong Kong.
    I am writing to seek help and advice for a suspected fraud case concerning member "Anabolicollege17", whose name real name is Matthew Corapi, from New York.

I sent him 2900 usd in total over the last few months and he promised to get me a few NBA R30 game issued jerseys. However, he has sent me nothing so far and i find he does not reply any of my emails anymore.

Since I am from HK, I have no idea what I should do under such circumstances. I wish you could offer me some help.

As far as I know, there are other members besides me who paid him and got nothing too.

Thanks.
    Calvin
  • Phil316
    • May 2013

Re: Seeking Help for suspected Fraud

That member last posted January 10th. I would welcome a response from Matthew. Sorry you are having issues Calvin.

Comment

• Skizzick
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by skywpk
      Hi everyone,

My name is Calvin, I am from Hong Kong.
      I am writing to seek help and advice for a suspected fraud case concerning member "Anabolicollege17", whose name real name is Matthew Corapi, from New York.

I sent him 2900 usd in total over the last few months and he promised to get me a few NBA R30 game issued jerseys. However, he has sent me nothing so far and i find he does not reply any of my emails anymore.

Since I am from HK, I have no idea what I should do under such circumstances. I wish you could offer me some help.

As far as I know, there are other members besides me who paid him and got nothing too.

Thanks.
      Calvin
      Did you send the money via Paypal?

Comment

• skywpk
        • May 2013

Originally posted by Skizzick
        Did you send the money via Paypal?
        yes but it was long time ago, in which it has passed the time bar.

Comment

• xsentrixsupra
          • Feb 2014

Thats very unfortunate. Hopefully he has a response. Not taking sides, but I did send 2 jerseys overseas at one point and it did take a lot longer than I was anticipating. Now granted I did convey this info to the person buying the jerseys, so he knew what was going on and had tracking information. I know how you feel though, just a simple update would be nice to know what the deal is so you aren't left wondering fearing the worst. Best of luck to both you guys to get it sorted out and make everyone happy.

Comment

• Mattapan03
            • Mar 2010

He was posting like a madman on here in the Summer and Fall of 2013 but completely fell off the radar late in the NFL season

Thats awful Calvin and I hope you are able to track down your money.

I really don't know what I would do in your situation, but if you have all the emails trails and paypal reciepts/emails I would try and contact them first

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
              Paid Users
              • Jan 1970

Originally posted by skywpk
              Are there any other Game Used Universe members that have had the same experience with 'Anabolicollege17'? If so, can you please post here.

Thanks,
              Chris
              Christopher Cavalier
              Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Comment

• paul457
                • Dec 2012

His email is corapimatt@yahoo.com but you probably already knew that.

I had traded emails with him last summer as I wanted to put a partial deposit on some ProCut Nike jerseys he had on order. He insisted I pay in full price down and I wasn't going to give him $1500 for jerseys sight-unseen. So I never gave him money. He was really bad at responding to emails but he would post here daily.

FWIW people on Jersey Central are having the same problem as you, and someone mentioned possible health issues. So maybe all hope is not lost that you will get your stuff, but who knows.

I'd file a chargeback with your CC company tonight. Their rules likely differ from Paypal's. I'd also call Paypal and I wouldn't stop yelling until someone helps you. They can be difficult to deal with, but persistence might help.

Good luck - keep us posted.
                WTB -
                Rob Gronkowski GU / GI jerseys
                Patriots GU / GI red throwback or silver jerseys
                Jose Canseco A's GU jersey

Comment

• yankees506
                  • Apr 2010

If a member hasn't posted in a month or so and if you haven't gotten an email in that time too I'd worry about the members well being.......

Comment

• Phil316
                    • May 2013

Here is his facebook page

Matthew Corapi is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Matthew Corapi and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected.

Try and drop him a message.

Comment

• Phil316
                      • May 2013

If that does not work try going on his friends list and look for people with his last name and start messaging them. Maybe ask them if he is ok since you have not heard from him in awhile. I wouldn't mention anything in regards to the situation until you find out if he is ok.

Comment

• skywpk
                        • May 2013

thanks everyone.

he is actually a moderator of jersey-central... i've contacted the other moderators and got told : "He is in the hospital and says that he is coming home this week. He will make a post when he gets home.

This is what he told me when I mentioned this situation to him"

Ironically, in his last email on 2 february, he said something contradict...
                        "Hey Calvin I just got out of the hospital. I did not forget I just spoke with the owner of our site. Il be recovered this week. I was not ignoring you I just didn't have my cell phone in the hospital. I apologize for the inconvenience, but yes I have not forgot about you at all. I sent my guy an email now to find out the status. I'll email you as soon as I hear from him. Thanks"

i'm not sure if he is in hospital, i just know he is healthy enough to change his fb profile pic less than an hour ago...

Comment

• Phil316
                          • May 2013

Hopefully your not getting the run around

Comment

• skywpk
                            • May 2013

i have message the corapis on his friends list.

see if i could hear anything from him.

Comment

• Roady
                              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Phil316
                              Here is his facebook page

Matthew Corapi is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Matthew Corapi and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected.

Try and drop him a message.
                              This is posted on his Facebook page at 9:27 pm Eastern Time so he is active.

Matthew Joseph Corapi changed his profile picture.
                              about an hour ago

Comment

Working...