PDA

View Full Version : UNKNOWN: East West Ambassadors baseball jersey

cjw
12-12-2006, 02:25 AM
Hi,

Any help identifying this team would be appreciated. Wilson collar tagging.

Thanks!

mccroryn
03-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Yeah, that jersey is one from the youth baseball program that sends youth around the world to represent the USA. They were called the East-West Ambassadors, obviously, and consist of athletes under the age of 18. I once played for them and actually still have my uniform. That uniform was the mesh jersey and we had white with blue pinstripes also. There were many professional players that had played for The Ambassadors during their youth. I'm not sure who this specific jersey belongs to. I played when i was 12 and now i am 25. As you can see, it was quite sometime ago. The program discontinued a year or two after I was there. I have been trying to find information on them to find a roster or something from when i played, but i came up empty handed. I wanted to look up some of the kids i played with and see what they are doing today. It was so long ago, i don't remember any of there names. I played NCAA Division II baseball at Grand Valley State University so I'm sure some of my old teammates did something with baseball also.

I hope this was kinda what you were looking for. I kinda got babbling a bit there but i just thought you might want to hear a little about the program. I tried out in Michigan, but my teammates were from all over the U.S. I traveled to Canada but i could have went anywhere in the world. I couldn't afford anything but Canada. Anything else you would like to know, let me know.

cjw
03-10-2008, 11:34 PM
Thanks....this is a big size (48) for a kid..no?

ironmanfan
03-11-2008, 07:42 AM
Thanks....this is a big size (48) for a kid..no?

I would guess that it belonged to one of the team coaches/manager

Interceptor
03-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Yeah, that jersey is one from the youth baseball program that sends youth around the world to represent the USA. They were called the East-West Ambassadors, obviously, and consist of athletes under the age of 18. I once played for them and actually still have my uniform. That uniform was the mesh jersey and we had white with blue pinstripes also. There were many professional players that had played for The Ambassadors during their youth. I'm not sure who this specific jersey belongs to. I played when i was 12 and now i am 25. As you can see, it was quite sometime ago. The program discontinued a year or two after I was there. I have been trying to find information on them to find a roster or something from when i played, but i came up empty handed. I wanted to look up some of the kids i played with and see what they are doing today. It was so long ago, i don't remember any of there names. I played NCAA Division II baseball at Grand Valley State University so I'm sure some of my old teammates did something with baseball also.

I hope this was kinda what you were looking for. I kinda got babbling a bit there but i just thought you might want to hear a little about the program. I tried out in Michigan, but my teammates were from all over the U.S. I traveled to Canada but i could have went anywhere in the world. I couldn't afford anything but Canada. Anything else you would like to know, let me know.

I know that I'm jumping in here a couple of years late, but if you're still out there somewhere mccroryn, what else do you know about East-West discontinuing? I toured with them in 1994, and I've got a son and some nephews that play ball. They saw my pictures from the tour and were asking all about it and if they could go someday. Like you said too, I can't find any info anywhere. I know that a lot of my teammates weren't happy with how the trip went and were talking about their parents suing East-West. Wonder if that had anything to do with it? Thanks.

bpford25
06-20-2010, 09:52 PM
I as well am probably chiming in a few years too late, but I also played for this program. I traveled to Puerto Rico in 1995. The trip of my life!!! This was an amazing experience. If I could get something like this started myself I would. Maybe I will try to start something of the sort. We were treated as if we were real Spring training guys and I was only 12. If you have any ideas or questions feel free to give me a shout. I still have pictures rosters and jerseys and stuff from my trip. Hope to hear from someone.

TTUPirate
07-27-2010, 09:07 AM
I as well am probably chiming in a few years too late, but I also played for this program. I traveled to Puerto Rico in 1995. The trip of my life!!! This was an amazing experience. If I could get something like this started myself I would. Maybe I will try to start something of the sort. We were treated as if we were real Spring training guys and I was only 12. If you have any ideas or questions feel free to give me a shout. I still have pictures rosters and jerseys and stuff from my trip. Hope to hear from someone.

I played for the Ambassadors in June of 1994. We travelled to Prague that year, and I am looking for pictures, friends, Jersey, etc. I have been unable to find anything that could lead me to a solid contact. Our coach that year was Jim Zerilla. Pat Portugal was a player, as well as Barrett Bates, Curtis Celaya, Ronnie ?, etc. I really would like to get some information on how to obtain any videos/ pictures from the games. This was an experience that I will never forget, and I just wish that I had some things to put together in a shodow box, or at least store for future reference.

cjw
07-27-2010, 04:03 PM
I played for the Ambassadors in June of 1994. We travelled to Prague that year, and I am looking for pictures, friends, Jersey, etc. I have been unable to find anything that could lead me to a solid contact. Our coach that year was Jim Zerilla. Pat Portugal was a player, as well as Barrett Bates, Curtis Celaya, Ronnie ?, etc. I really would like to get some information on how to obtain any videos/ pictures from the games. This was an experience that I will never forget, and I just wish that I had some things to put together in a shodow box, or at least store for future reference.

I posted the original question and had the jersey at one point, but have since given to Goodwill (no interest on Ebay!!!). I saw another a year or so later...smaller size at a consignment store but passed. Wish I still had one to send to you. Good luck on the search. chris

Interceptor
08-02-2010, 09:25 PM

I still haven't found a solid contact regarding East-West yet either. I have talked to a few of my teammates over the years since we toured, but our trip to Amsterdam & Paris that summer is a good, yet distant memory for most of them. Anyway, if you're interested, I've got an extra jersey that I'd be willing to send you. I actually bought one off of ebay just a couple of months ago because I lost my uniform pants when I moved a while back and wanted to complete my uniform. Well, I've got the pants now and don't really need the extra jersey. If you'd like, I can send you a couple of pics, and if you want it I'd only charge you whatever it is for shipping. You guys went to Prague? I don't remember that being one of the tours back then? Oh well, my tour changed somewhat, so I guess some of the other ones could have too.

TTUPirate
04-26-2012, 04:35 PM
I would love to touch base with you about the jersey. Yes, we travelled to Prague in June of 1994. We stayed at the Georgetown convocation center before taking Amtrak to NY, then off to Prague. Good group of guys, and great time as well! mikeford_tx@hotmail.com