• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eric
    • Jan 1970

Steiner weighs in on Eli Manning controversy

From Brandon Steiner's twitter...

Screen shot 2014-02-25 at 7.37.08 PM.jpg
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...
  • Phil316
    • May 2013

Re: Steiner weighs in on Eli Manning controversy

Brandon has everything to lose. The guy will admit nothing even though people within his company even questioned the use on items. Heck a forum member was even duped into buying a supposed game used helmet. You cannot tell me Steiner did not notice the missing Velcro in the helmet. It even came with 4 COA's as well. Buyer beware is all I can say.

Comment

• GMEN92
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Phil316
      Brandon has everything to lose. The guy will admit nothing even though people within his company even questioned the use on items. Heck a forum member was even duped into buying a supposed game used helmet. You cannot tell me Steiner did not notice the missing Velcro in the helmet. It even came with 4 COA's as well. Buyer beware is all I can say.
      Exactly..

Comment

• gingi79
        • Aug 2007

Brandon has stated on numerous interviews that he started his company based upon trying to market a Mark Messier SCF signed photo previously published from the 1994 Finals. He obtained the rights to said photo and built his worthless business from there. "Starting in 1987", the first line of this release is a bold faced lie.

He then allowed a QVC program to market his products without disclosing they were "at auction" and without telling buyers there was a "!00% buyers premium"

Under his control the NY Rangers wear sets of jerseys to match demand. If a third buyer shows interest in a jersey when the first two sets sell? He'll wear another.
        Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• emann
          • Nov 2008

Buyer beware is all I can say.
          +1.

Comment

• dnrapp
            • Feb 2009

But if I remember the post correctly. The Forum member did not buy the helmet from Steiner he bought it from someone who said they bought it from Steiner.

Comment

• Phil316
              • May 2013

Originally posted by dnrapp
              But if I remember the post correctly. The Forum member did not buy the helmet from Steiner he bought it from someone who said they bought it from Steiner.
              GMEN92 was the buyer of the helmet. The helmet was sold by Steiner and came with 4 Steiner COA's. I do not see how him buying it from a friend would be much different than buying direct from Steiner as it came with the 4 COA's that where all issued by Steiner.

Seems like you are casting doubt and trying to pad the fact that Steiner "potentially" has been caught red handed selling fake Eli Manning items.

A former Steiner Sports employee said that staffers of the memorabilia seller suspected that not all of the “game-used” gear was real. “Specifically, from Eli we would see it and say, ‘Come on, this is not ‘game used,’ ” the source said.

Then you have the emails. Those to me are the "smoking gun".

Comment

• PAC
                Banned
                • Jan 2012

I could see giving Steiner the benefit of the doubt, if they wanted to claim ignorance based on receiving items from an equipment manager who pulled the wool over their eyes. Apologies, refunds, and destroy the items to prevent future fraud. Oh, if only it was that easy.

But how do they explain RESELLING items that were returned, after the original customers informed them the items were not authentic and provided them with proof to back it up?

You know what they say, Steiner. Fool us twice...

Comment

• xsentrixsupra
                  • Feb 2014

The statement from Steiner is pretty much what you'd expect. Not really giving any facts and skirting around the issues. Pretty much what we expect to hear from a prepared statement these days.

Comment

• pungent
                    • Dec 2009

I wonder how much of his items does Brandon even go through or has knowledge about? If I purchased a game used Yankees baseball from an obscure game and he signs off on the LOA, shouldn't he be responsible for any questions I have about it?

Comment

• trueblue35
                      • Feb 2014

I keep reading that Steiner Re-sold Items?? Does anyone have proof of this?
                      or is the only person claiming this a former employee?

Comment

• jbean023
                        • Nov 2011

I have proof of them reselling a Cubs jersey that I told them wasn't wore in the game stated, mlb authentication was also wrong. Refunded my money, response was they don't have the time or assets to go over every jersey from every team they basically have to take the teams word. I had two cowboys jerseys that were authenticated to the wrong games, the cowboys had misinformed them I provided evidence and jerseys were sent from back to Steiner then to the cowboys for re authentication and then back to me.

Comment

• Phil316
                          • May 2013

Some of Manning’s alleged fakes were sold through famed memorabilia house Steiner Sports, with whom he had an exclusive deal.

Steiner, believing its items to be authentic, sold them “to unwitting customers and sent them viathemail,” the suit says.

Angry buyers started to complain after noticing that markings on their items didn’t match those that appeared in pictures of Manning’s game-day duds.

But Manning told Steiner they were legit,and Steiner resold returned helmets to other buyers, the suit claims."

Comment

• 5toolplayer
                            • Apr 2011

I will not be buying items from them in the future, PERIOD
                            5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Comment

• pungent
                              • Dec 2009

Besides this, what other controversey if any has Steiner been involved with pertaining to game used items? Wasn't there also some talk awhile back here that they sold blank Yankees game jerseys and someone was selling them on Ebay as customized big name players?

Comment

Working...