PDA

View Full Version : Joe Morris GU Giants helmet on ebay-Nope

War Helmets
02-25-2014, 09:21 PM
There is a GU?NOPE Joe Morris supposed to be Super Bowl GU Giants helmet on ebay.One big problem,chin strap snaps are not right.He buckled his chin strap in on the 2 bottom ones his entire career,not one up top & one on bottom.Says won by at a charity event in NJ

AKSaint
02-26-2014, 03:47 AM
There is a GU?NOPE Joe Morris supposed to be Super Bowl GU Giants helmet on ebay.One big problem,chin strap snaps are not right.He buckled his chin strap in on the 2 bottom ones his entire career,not one up top & one on bottom.Says won by at a charity event in NJ

All Getty images from that year show him using only the bottom 2 snaps but his helmet having the upper 3rd snap in place but unused.

helmets
02-26-2014, 04:38 AM
I see the seller has ended the auction.
The helmet is an older AiR Power, which many times never had a snap for a low chinstrap mount.

Another concern for me - tough to have been worn for the 1986 season and that Superbowl when the helmet wasn't produced until the spring of 1987...

AKSaint
02-26-2014, 02:01 PM
I see the seller has ended the auction.
The helmet is an older AiR Power, which many times never had a snap for a low chinstrap mount.

Another concern for me - tough to have been worn for the 1986 season and that Superbowl when the helmet wasn't produced until the spring of 1987...

Ha, that is funny, I didn't even notice the obvious close up of the date code being 4/87! Wonder why he ended early?