Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • War Helmets
    • Feb 2014

Joe Morris GU Giants helmet on ebay-Nope

There is a GU?NOPE Joe Morris supposed to be Super Bowl GU Giants helmet on ebay.One big problem,chin strap snaps are not right.He buckled his chin strap in on the 2 bottom ones his entire career,not one up top & one on bottom.Says won by at a charity event in NJ
  • AKSaint
    • Oct 2013

Re: Joe Morris GU Giants helmet on ebay-Nope

Originally posted by War Helmets
    There is a GU?NOPE Joe Morris supposed to be Super Bowl GU Giants helmet on ebay.One big problem,chin strap snaps are not right.He buckled his chin strap in on the 2 bottom ones his entire career,not one up top & one on bottom.Says won by at a charity event in NJ
    All Getty images from that year show him using only the bottom 2 snaps but his helmet having the upper 3rd snap in place but unused.

Comment

• helmets
      • Mar 2008

I see the seller has ended the auction.
      The helmet is an older AiR Power, which many times never had a snap for a low chinstrap mount.

Another concern for me - tough to have been worn for the 1986 season and that Superbowl when the helmet wasn't produced until the spring of 1987...
      Buying game used helmets of Packers - all eras as well as game used helmets of HOFers or future HOFers.

Comment

• AKSaint
        • Oct 2013

Originally posted by helmets
        I see the seller has ended the auction.
        The helmet is an older AiR Power, which many times never had a snap for a low chinstrap mount.

Another concern for me - tough to have been worn for the 1986 season and that Superbowl when the helmet wasn't produced until the spring of 1987...
        Ha, that is funny, I didn't even notice the obvious close up of the date code being 4/87! Wonder why he ended early?

Comment

Working...