PDA

View Full Version : Info on Jets GU Riddell Kra Lite 2 models

War Helmets
02-27-2014, 04:52 PM
I got a Jets Kra Lite 2 helmet today & are some game used?It fits good with a little room to spare on my noggin & I wear a size 7 1/2 hat.I got it off of ebay & a guy spelled helmet wrong & spelled "helmit" lol.I believe it is a Dan Alexander OL GU helmet with #60 decals on back & inside marker & that is where it came from Texas>Dan's home state.He said his dad had some friends that played pro sports.Dan was a O-line 2 time pro bowler for the Jets.Pics up soon.Has an inpregnated white shell painted green.Date code is Jan.78.I was the only one who bidded on it & super thanks to Barry who emailed me about it.His rookie season they wore the white Jets helmet in 77 & switched to the green in 78.I have an old football book & they work some white lids painted green.You could see where there were chipped spots showing white on a Jet trying to block a Dolphin.But on back heat stamped is Kra Lite II

bgakladd
02-27-2014, 05:09 PM
Glad to see you did buy it. I saw you were looking for an old Jets game used helmet when I came across it on Ebay. Good price too! Barry

War Helmets
02-27-2014, 06:48 PM
I was gonna email you but accidentally deleted it & thanks again.Now I just need to know if some players used a Riddell Kra Lite 2 model

War Helmets
02-27-2014, 07:09 PM
After looking at other photos,it is definitely a Pac 3 helmet & several NFL players wore those in the 70's.I got a Jets gamer worn by a 2 time pro bowler shipped for$95> I like my helmit :D

bgakladd
02-27-2014, 07:40 PM
I went back and looked at the helmet again....they wore them in the NFL and the NJOP written inside with black marker is relating to the facemask, Nose jaw & oral protection.

War Helmets
02-27-2014, 10:51 PM
I thought it might have stood for New Y. Jets Offensive Player.Gridman has tons of Jets stuff so I will ask him if any of his lids have that inside.Oh great,since I got such a great deal on that lid I want a Steelers 80's helmet now :rolleyes: