PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Fred McGriff Dodgers Jersey

bcbeas
03-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Just read the previous thread regarding a McGriff Cubs jersey. What's everyone's opinion on the McGriff Dodgers jersey currently on eBay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fred-McGriff-03-Game-Worn-Dodgers-Jersey-Grey-Flannel-LOA-/191087389556?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c7db22b74#ht_86wt_1153

Phil316
03-06-2014, 11:05 PM
I am not a fan of Grey Flannel but the jersey looks good. Right size for Fred and 0062 wash tag on the inside as well. Obviously you would need it in hand to examine the actual use.

Hoosier39
03-07-2014, 12:10 AM
Just read the previous thread regarding a McGriff Cubs jersey. What's everyone's opinion on the McGriff Dodgers jersey currently on eBay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fred-McGriff-03-Game-Worn-Dodgers-Jersey-Grey-Flannel-LOA-/191087389556?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c7db22b74#ht_86wt_1153

This jersey has been relisted on EBay about 50 times.

Phil316
03-07-2014, 12:23 AM
Yeah it's probably priced to high or the GF COA scares people away ;)

Steeleraddict
03-08-2014, 12:30 PM
The grey flannel COA automatically makes me think fake until proven real. Too many bad experiences and other people's stories. I don't know how we rid this community of the black eye known as GF.

Phil316
03-08-2014, 01:59 PM
The grey flannel COA automatically makes me think fake until proven real. Too many bad experiences and other people's stories. I don't know how we rid this community of the black eye known as GF.

The hard part as a buyer for me in regards to GF is they do auction some legit items. The problem is weeding out the fakes/forgeries as they make every piece seem legit on the surface. Especially the GF COA. It boils down as it always does in this hobby trust your own research.

Steeleraddict
03-09-2014, 12:04 PM
Sure that's true with any auction house. I'm referring to percentages or trends. Goldin auctions do their due diligence and currently seem to be 99% legit with the occasional sneaking thru. Then Ken pulls it. No problem. GF on the other hand seems to throw anything on the wall and may pull it if brought to their attention. Being the "NBA HOF authenticators" it astounds me the number of fake NBA jerseys and Jordan jerseys that get listed. Also, their customer service, who I believe is his wife is horrendous. I'm sure that there are legit items but I don't have the time or energy to go over everything.

It's especially disconcerting when they changed the wording of their COA that tries to absolve them of any responsibility of the item being legit. Essentially making their COA worthless. Which it is.if I were selling an item I wouldn't even list it with a GF COA. Just my humble opinion. And i would buy a legitimate, photo matched item that i did my due diligence. As in any auction. It's so I don't even look to see when they have auctions. I'm done begging them to give them my money.

Their last auction they "ran out" of catalogues and directed me and everyone I know to " just look on their website" which , for me, was not user friendly and too much of a hassle.

sox83cubs84
03-11-2014, 02:49 PM
Looks like it's highly possible that it's legit. Majestic Dodgers gamers of 2003 and 2004 come both with and without flagged year tags. Size is OK. Overall, while I can't say for sure unless I inspect it personally, the possibilities are good.

Dave Miedema