PDA

View Full Version : NEW MLB auctions

jwal23
03-15-2014, 09:38 PM
Wasn't sure if a thread had been started on this or not but I got this email today about MLB launching a new auction site and wanted to give everyone a heads up...I'm looking forward to seeing what the mobile version is like and also like the fact that they've finally added a zoom feature....here's the email I got...

Tigers Authentics
Detroit Tigers Authentics
Dear Jace,

Hi. I wanted to let you know that on Thursday, March 20th at 10am est MLB Auctions will be launching a new auction site. The look and feel will be similar to MLB Shop, but with an auction stamp! Below, are some highlighted new features:

-video can be included in each listing
-auction listings images will have zoom feature
-customers will have the option to post any listings directly to their social media accounts (Face Book, Twitter)
-MLB Auctions will have a mobile site and bidding will now be easier from your phone!
-After the initial launch some new auction functionality will be added, which will include "group buying" and "Bid or Buy."

All customers will be able to login to the auction site if they have a MLB.com user name created. All credit card information will have to be re-entered. NO data from the old site will be transferred.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marc Himelstein | Director, Authentics | Detroit Tigers
2100 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48201 | P: (313) 471-2064 | F: (313) 471-2297

Tigers TicketsDetroit Tigers WebsiteDetroit Tigers FacebookDetroit Tigers Twitter

Shop the Tigers Authentic Store
Tigers Home Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Join Our Mailing List
Forward email

Lunytune2
03-19-2014, 08:00 AM
Do you know if it will be accessable through the team web sight like they are now ? The Pirates page is dwindling down to just baseball cards right now .

jwal23
03-19-2014, 09:43 PM
I can't say 100% for sure but I would assume they would...It looks like they set almost every single auction to end tonight on the 19th so that when the new site launches tomorrow they will have all new listings with the better searching options

lengthwise1
03-20-2014, 09:30 AM
I dont think the site doesn't looks any different, but all the listings are gone

johnsontravis@ymail.com
03-20-2014, 09:52 AM
I dont think the site doesn't looks any different, but all the listings are gone

To my understanding its a totally new site. Not the same address.

Also I don't think the new one is live yet.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
03-20-2014, 09:59 AM
I emailed MLB Auctions to see if they have an ETA for it to be live. They are usually fast to reply...I will update with any info they give.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
03-20-2014, 12:44 PM
New site is live:

auctions.mlb.com

Only difference is an "s" on auction

jojac
03-20-2014, 04:09 PM
Seems different to me. Maybe because its new and it takes a little time to get use to but it doesn't seem as easy to navigate thru as the old site.
The old site had tabs that broke it down into specific groups of items like game used that you could select to view. I'm not seeing the same type of thing on the new site.

Roady
03-20-2014, 04:17 PM
I appreciate you posting this. :)

bravesfanjd
03-20-2014, 05:14 PM
the new site is interesting much easier to see from across the room

nickacs
03-20-2014, 07:07 PM
The old site had tabs that broke it down into specific groups of items like game used that you could select to view. I'm not seeing the same type of thing on the new site.

+1.. already hate it on the first day..LMAO... I also hate the fact you can't select how many items to view on a page. The old site I could get like 15-20 items on a single screen and now it's like 3 :( Boo.. I don't have time to sift thru 10 pages when the old site I can just screen all the way down and maybe only have to go thru 2-3 pages MOST.

Uggg... :rolleyes:

Lunytune2
03-21-2014, 11:18 AM
I guess the Pirates don't know about the site yey ! No listings :mad:

johnsontravis@ymail.com
03-21-2014, 11:31 AM
I guess the Pirates don't know about the site yey ! No listings :mad:

Would you prefer the Brewers and their Buy it Now style starting bids(They start them at what they what...multiple bids is all a bonus)? Though on the new site they started them at $1 with a reserve...still I'm sure you have to get to the $200+ they want for a role player jersey.

Not every team can run their auctions like the Tigers.

Lunytune2
03-22-2014, 06:32 AM
Alot of times if there is a reserve the Pirates start $100-$200 cheaper . Then nobody meets the reserve price. :eek:

jojac
03-22-2014, 08:13 AM
The good part about it so far is that I don't see those bidding wars where guys are battling each other only two days into the auction and driving the price up even though theres weeks to go. I'm sure that will also change in time.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
03-22-2014, 09:09 AM
Great baseball cards were added. Things are a waste of space. $5 for a Segura rookie card(already a bad price). PLUS $7 shipping! Grand total of $12 for something worth a couple dollars max.

Steeleraddict
03-24-2014, 01:01 AM
Don't like it at all. Too easy to miss GU gear you're specifically looking for. Difficult to browse so they'll lose on bids that I wasn't planning on. Aesthetically looks ok but once u get beyond that, not user friendly. Def will be a decrease in money going to charity. If it ain't broke.....

johnsontravis@ymail.com
03-24-2014, 02:51 PM
Don't like it at all. Too easy to miss GU gear you're specifically looking for. Difficult to browse so they'll lose on bids that I wasn't planning on. Aesthetically looks ok but once u get beyond that, not user friendly. Def will be a decrease in money going to charity. If it ain't broke.....

What an over exaggeration...if your that lazy that you might possibly lose out on finding an item that unfortunate. It is very easy to find items.

Lunytune2
03-24-2014, 08:23 PM
Ya , easy to find if your team actually listed something ... still no Pirate stuff !

DeacDoug
03-24-2014, 08:35 PM
I'm an old guy who hates changes. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Leave well enough alone.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
03-24-2014, 10:34 PM
I'm an old guy who hates changes. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Leave well enough alone.

If anything I'm annoyed the cards are still on there mixed in with real game used gear. If they weren't on there hitting the newly listed page would bring up everything you need...but nope you are treated with 30 pages of stuff you Dont even want.

Steeleraddict
03-24-2014, 11:33 PM
Johnsontravis,

"Def an over exaggeration", really? Please expound further. And share with us your knowledge and my spending habits or how I'll use the site?

As been said many times before, it's guys like you that deters many of us from sharing our collection, insight or knowledge. Since you seem to have cornered the market, please share some more of your insight.

I wait with bated breath.

Steeleraddict
03-24-2014, 11:42 PM
Johnsontravis,

Also, you know somehow I'm "lazy". Because the fact that some find something new difficult to use and express their opinion, then they are lazy...interesting.

Then you must be the most hardworking successful person on this board.

Nah, the more I think about it I'd put my work ethic, intelligence and success in life against yours any day. Youll never find in my posts me bragging about my life, how fortunate, lucky and blessed my family is. But some of it is def not due to being lazy. And just think what I could have accomplished if I wasn't "lazy" and had you to guide me in my life.
Please post more...I'll take it as scripture.

jojac
03-25-2014, 07:51 AM
WOW!!! I just came on to see what else people were saying about the new MLB Auction site and I feel like someone flipped the channel on me to the WWE's Friday Night Smack down.

Steeleraddict
03-25-2014, 09:14 AM
No, there's no smack down.

My point is the negativity and perceived "expertise" by those who arent gets old. Mostly it's jealousy vs ignorance. it's pushed collectors who have a lot to share, away. Or they just lurk but won't contribute which hurts us all. I'm to the point of of not caring at all.

I speak to many privately and they echo the same sentiment. That among other issues. And believe me, the gear they have to share are HOF worthy amd youd def enjoy viewing them. I'm not going to go on.....sigh, whatever.

jojac
03-25-2014, 09:52 AM

My point is the negativity and perceived "expertise" by those who arent gets old. Mostly it's jealousy vs ignorance. it's pushed collectors who have a lot to share, away. Or they just lurk but won't contribute which hurts us all. I'm to the point of of not caring at all.

I speak to many privately and they echo the same sentiment. That among other issues. And believe me, the gear they have to share are HOF worthy amd youd def enjoy viewing them. I'm not going to go on.....sigh, whatever.

Its unfortunate to hear that some collectors don't feel comfortable to post here.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
03-25-2014, 07:08 PM

I just checked and it took me 7minutes to get through the GU category. I'd have to think anything game used is in there...as that is what the category is called.

Also you are now rambling on about things with no relation to the topic at hand. This talk of jealousy and expertise has nothing to do with what I said.

The site is not that hard to navigate to where people can't find things in a timely manner.

Steeleraddict
03-25-2014, 07:25 PM
7 minutes. Ur awesome!

Lunytune2
03-25-2014, 10:13 PM
Definitely has alot of bugs to work out . If you click on a specific team , alot of times you get multiple teams items.

Lunytune2
03-25-2014, 10:14 PM
Oh , AND STILL NO PIRATE STUFF !!!!

xsentrixsupra
03-25-2014, 10:53 PM
Hah, I was poking around the Milwaukee Brewers and all of their players none of the game used jerseys seemed to be over 50 bucks(yes I know the reserves weren't hit) all of a sudden the game issued Braun they started at 1,000.00

G1X
03-25-2014, 11:55 PM
I just checked and it took me 7minutes to get through the GU category. I'd have to think anything game used is in there...as that is what the category is called.

Also you are now rambling on about things with no relation to the topic at hand. This talk of jealousy and expertise has nothing to do with what I said.

The site is not that hard to navigate to where people can't find things in a timely manner.

For me, it's not a matter of the site being hard to navigate, it's the fact that if it now takes 7 minutes to look for items that used to take me less than a minute to search for each day, I will end up wasting an hour of my time over the course of 10 days. In a month's time, I will end up wasting 3 hours, and it will total 36 hours in a year! That's a lot of valuable time being wasted, and I can no longer see myself checking the site on a daily basis with those numbers in mind.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

WORLD FOOTBALL LEAGUE UNIFORMS DESPERATELY WANTED!

Roady
03-26-2014, 12:03 PM
Hah, I was poking around the Milwaukee Brewers and all of their players none of the game used jerseys seemed to be over 50 bucks(yes I know the reserves weren't hit) all of a sudden the game issued Braun they started at 1,000.00

I am shocked that his stuff goes for anything.

I can see it now. "Look son, I bought this jersey of my favorite player. Yes he was a cheater and a liar. Yes he tried to ruin a mans reputation. Yes he called racism when there was none. But he is my favorite player. Now be like your father and look up to these type of men" :cool:

xsentrixsupra
03-26-2014, 12:45 PM

I can see it now. "Look son, I bought this jersey of my favorite player. Yes he was a cheater and a liar. Yes he tried to ruin a mans reputation. Yes he called racism when there was none. But he is my favorite player. Now be like your father and look up to these type of men" :cool:

Hah, there wasn't any bids on his jersey. I am actually a Braun fan though. I think he handled things very poorly and is a dickbag, but I still think he'll have a decent season. I'm actually actively looking for Braun stuff as his stuff is worth basically nothing right now, but I think in time it'll go back up and it'll be a bad time to collect :p

slab0meat
03-26-2014, 07:44 PM
Finally checked out the new site. It did feel like it took longer to see all the jerseys.. I really wish there was an option to list "all jerseys" or something.

Way too much Red Sox stuff too.. unless you're a fan of them.

jbean023
03-26-2014, 11:35 PM

The majority are like Braun, just don't get caught.

Roady
03-27-2014, 12:07 AM
The majority are like Braun, just don't get caught.

Is that your excuse?

jbean023
03-27-2014, 12:41 AM
Is that your excuse?

Excuse for what?

jojac
03-27-2014, 07:00 AM
Finally checked out the new site. It did feel like it took longer to see all the jerseys.. I really wish there was an option to list "all jerseys" or something.

Way too much Red Sox stuff too.. unless you're a fan of them.

There is an option to list all jerseys. Once in a team site look at the bar at the top of the page and select categories which is a drop down window. You'll see options for whats available like baseballs, jerseys and game used.

slab0meat
03-27-2014, 08:57 AM
There is an option to list all jerseys. Once in a team site look at the bar at the top of the page and select categories which is a drop down window. You'll see options for whats available like baseballs, jerseys and game used.

I never look at team-specific listings. I just went to game-used jerseys and went from there. Does that have an "all jerseys" option? I didn't see one.

jojac
03-27-2014, 09:43 AM
I never look at team-specific listings. I just went to game-used jerseys and went from there. Does that have an "all jerseys" option? I didn't see one.

On the individual team sites and MLB site look at the tool bar at the top of the page and in the "Categories" drop down they have jerseys listed as one of the options.
I'm an old bastard so it took me some time to figure this out on the new site but the category drop down will help you narrow your search.

G1X
03-27-2014, 10:23 AM
On the individual team sites and MLB site look at the tool bar at the top of the page and in the "Categories" drop down they have jerseys listed as one of the options.
I'm an old bastard so it took me some time to figure this out on the new site but the category drop down will help you narrow your search.

On the old site, there was a "Game Used" section that listed all of the game-used jerseys, another that listed all of the game-used hats, one for game-used bats, etc. I am interested only in game-used jerseys, so I could pull up all of the game-used jerseys of all teams available in one click and scroll through the two or 3 pages (on average) in less than a minute.

I do not see a similar tool on the current site. If I pull up the "Game Used" category on the new site, I see all types of game used items (currently 16 pages of items). If I pull up "Jerseys", I see various jerseys that include both game-worn jerseys and many other jerseys that are not game worn (currently 6 pages). Since I am interested in seeing only game-used jerseys (no particular team preference), this has suddenly become more time consuming for me.

It could well be that I am in a minority in the way I searched the old site, and I understand that they aren't going to tailor the site for my specific preferences, but I am nevertheless disappointed in the current setup. If I am completely missing an option that will show only game-used jerseys of all that are currently available (as was the case on the old site), please let me know.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

WORLD FOOTBALL LEAGUE UNIFORMS DESPERATELY WANTED!

jojac
03-27-2014, 10:37 AM
[

It could well be that I am in a minority in the way I searched the old site, and I understand that they aren't going to tailor the site for my specific preferences, but I am nevertheless disappointed in the current setup. If I am completely missing an option that will show only game-used jerseys of all that are currently available (as was the case on the old site), please let me know.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

WORLD FOOTBALL LEAGUE UNIFORMS DESPERATELY WANTED![/QUOTE]

The question was asked is there a search option for all jerseys and I responded to that specific question that there was. I'm not thrilled with the new setup and I agree it would be nice to have a "Game Used Jersey" option so we didn't have to go thru baseball cards, game used balls and nameplates when looking for a game used jersey.

slab0meat
03-27-2014, 12:08 PM
The question was asked, that when in the game-used jerseys section, is there an option to list all jerseys on one page........ I scrolled through many many pages (and as stated above, not all are game used, but that's another issue), while I'd much rather see a list of 100 on one page.

Steeleraddict
03-27-2014, 04:35 PM
According to Johnsontravis were all lazy and overexagerating.

I do agree that that the game used jersey section needs to be much more user friendly.

There are times when looking for a specific player but seeing all the GU jerseys got my attention which allowed me to buy some jerseys that I werent looking for.

Has anyone bought the baseball cards that they sell?

johnsontravis@ymail.com
03-27-2014, 06:26 PM
According to Johnsontravis were all lazy and overexagerating.

I do agree that that the game used jersey section needs to be much more user friendly.

There are times when looking for a specific player but seeing all the GU jerseys got my attention which allowed me to buy some jerseys that I werent looking for.

Has anyone bought the baseball cards that they sell?

I didn't mention anything about them and how they are going about is totally different from your original post post. If you could stop putting words in my mouth that would be nice.

beef
03-28-2014, 08:42 AM
I bid on a jersey and didn't get my confirmation or outbid emails until 4.5 hours after the auction was over...good thing I didn't plan on upping my bid. On the old site the emails were instantaneous. If you're bidding make sure you pay attention