PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Vikings Collection

BusinessManTXST
03-19-2014, 11:07 PM
Show your minnesota vikings collections!

Soon I will have something to post:cool:

PAC
03-21-2014, 08:54 AM
Awesome thread 10/10 would read again

MTC
03-21-2014, 11:17 AM
It was started so he can show off his incoming Cordarrelle Patterson jersey. :)

timb69
03-21-2014, 10:20 PM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g267/Gh0sTeR/Sports%20Jerseys/Football%20Gamer%20Jerseys/IMG_2679.jpg (http://s58.photobucket.com/user/Gh0sTeR/media/Sports%20Jerseys/Football%20Gamer%20Jerseys/IMG_2679.jpg.html)

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g267/Gh0sTeR/Sports%20Jerseys/Football%20Gamer%20Jerseys/IMG_2682.jpg (http://s58.photobucket.com/user/Gh0sTeR/media/Sports%20Jerseys/Football%20Gamer%20Jerseys/IMG_2682.jpg.html)

urzaworld
05-29-2014, 12:33 AM
Does anyone out there have a legit Fran Tarkenton that they would be willing to post? I've never seen one before that convinced me that it's the real thing, with the "Tarkenton" NOB intact, of course.
-Harvey

ivo610
05-29-2014, 11:49 AM
Does anyone out there have a legit Fran Tarkenton that they would be willing to post? I've never seen one before that convinced me that it's the real thing, with the "Tarkenton" NOB intact, of course.
-Harvey

What's your email? I think I can shed some light on what you're looking for.

atomic912s
05-29-2014, 12:32 PM
Vikings stuff -
GU - 1 - John Randles shoulder pads from his early years as a Viking - obtained from a former vikings player and photo matched.

GU - 1 - Charlie Johnson London Jersey 2013 season
GU - 1 - Marvin Mitchell London Jersey 2013 season
GU - 1 - J'Marcus Webb London Jersey 2013 season
GU - 1 - Spencer Johnson Pants 2006ish season
GU - 1 - Ryan Longwell Pants 2006ish season
GU - 1 - EJ Henderson Gloves

GI - Toby Gerhart jersey from 2011 season

2 Vikings proline helmets - 1 new style, 1 "old" style glossy helmet used before the flat purple helmet - Signed by Jared Allen, Greg Jennings, Harrison Smith, Matt Cassel.

Autographed stuff -

1 Authentic football - Cordarrelle Patterson
1 Panel football - Kyle Rudolph
1 Panel football - Jared Allen
1 Panel football - Matt Blair
1 Vikes mini helmet - John Randle

Dont get me started on all the signed pictures I have, just to much to list!

atomic912s
05-29-2014, 12:37 PM
Pictures to come apparently my smart phone is not smart enough tplo post them lol!!

xsentrixsupra
05-29-2014, 01:57 PM
Vikings stuff -
GU - 1 - John Randles shoulder pads from his early years as a Viking - obtained from a former vikings player and photo matched.

GU - 1 - Charlie Johnson London Jersey 2013 season
GU - 1 - Marvin Mitchell London Jersey 2013 season
GU - 1 - J'Marcus Webb London Jersey 2013 season
GU - 1 - Spencer Johnson Pants 2006ish season
GU - 1 - Ryan Longwell Pants 2006ish season
GU - 1 - EJ Henderson Gloves

GI - Toby Gerhart jersey from 2011 season

2 Vikings proline helmets - 1 new style, 1 "old" style glossy helmet used before the flat purple helmet - Signed by Jared Allen, Greg Jennings, Harrison Smith, Matt Cassel.

Autographed stuff -

1 Authentic football - Cordarrelle Patterson
1 Panel football - Kyle Rudolph
1 Panel football - Jared Allen
1 Panel football - Matt Blair
1 Vikes mini helmet - John Randle

Dont get me started on all the signed pictures I have, just to much to list!

How did you photo match shoulder pads?

PAC
05-29-2014, 02:10 PM
Vikings stuff -

Hope they're not supposed to be from 1996-2003...because he only wore 1 pair during those 8 years...and they're in the Hall:
http://www.profootballhof.com/mobile/history/story.aspx?F_y=2010&F_m=7&F_d=13&CustomURL=randle-strengthens-the-halls-collection

urzaworld
05-29-2014, 07:00 PM
What's your email? I think I can shed some light on what you're looking for.
urza23@outlook.com

atomic912s
05-29-2014, 08:37 PM
I was able to photo match the pads to some old pictures or Randle wearing them that dated to the early 90's.

I remember when he donated all that game stuff to the Hall, that was a concern of mine before I obtained them.

But the photo match was good enough for me, and the fact that they came from a former MN Viking who ended up with Randles locker after Randle left the Vikes in 2000. $100 bucks and a case of beer is all it cost me for the pads, not to shabby ehhh!!!

I will try to post some pictures of the pads, I think you guys would enjoy checking them out!

atomic912s
05-31-2014, 12:22 AM
Ok so here are a couple photo matched pictures of John Randles shoulder pads.

These pictures date from mid 90's, 1998 and 2000. He did in fact use two pair of shoulder pads from the mid 90's up to 2000 with the Vikings. One pair ended up in the HOF, and I have the other pair.

Here is the story of how I acquired them:

I had a wanted add on craigslist looking to acquire Minnesota Vikings gear or what ever.

I was contacted by former Viking turned real-estate agent Jeff Hazuga who happens to be a Minnesota native that still lives in the area. Hazuga had a short stint with the Vikings in 2001, until he was injured.

Randle left the Vikings after the 2000 season, Hazuga was brought in for the 2001 season, and acquired Randles locker. Inside where the pads and Hazuga took them home where they sat for 12 years.

Back to the craigslist add, after talking to Jeff numerous times I determined that he was credible and everything lined up. He shipped the pads to me, just stuck the shipping label right on the pads without a box or anything....

Quickly photo matched them and sent him a check for $100 bucks...

First Picture, you can see the "white color power logo" no pun intended, showing through Randles jersey.

Also there was some sort of strap attached to the upper left breast of the shoulder pads, and there is a hole in its place.

Second Picture, there is some stitch work done on the fabric of the right breast of the pads.

Above the stich work you can clearly see a crease in the purple fabric as a result of the unique stitch work.

Third Picture, just a picture of him wearing the pads.

I have several other pictures that I can share later on....

Not really interested in selling these, maybe would consider trading for a Randy Moss or Randle gamer?????

I have also considered giving them back to Randle if I ever get the chance to meet him at a signing or something. I had a pair of the late Marquis Coopers (who passed on the capsized boat of the coast of Florida) Seattle Hawks game issued pants. I gave them to his dad Bruce Cooper who works for NBC in AZ. Actually got the chance to have lunch with Bruce, really nice guy!!

Anyway hope you enjoyed!!!!!

DJaeger22
05-31-2014, 05:15 AM
That's an amazing story! Gotta love Craigslist haha

helmets
05-31-2014, 08:46 AM
Riddell PM19 pads are the model for Quarterbacks and Receivers. The Power logo, the hole, and the unique stitching are present on any/all PM19 pads. The PM19 pads also run a bit small. The 2X size of these pads actually fit much like an XL of other models. When I look at photos of Randle, it does not appear to me that he is wearing PM19s.

atomic912s
05-31-2014, 11:20 AM
In addition,

The football pads he donated to the HOF look to be PM19 pads, the pad placement on the shoulders is identical.

- I am going to speculate for a second on a side note - the HOF pads are 4xx while mine are 2xx, one thing I noticed about my pads is the padding is only about 1/3 inch thick on the inside breasts shoulders and back, the HOF pads look like they have a lot thicker padding... Maybe the reason for the slight increase in size?

also the custom stitch work was done on a custom Vikings colored liner. As far as the crease in picture two is concerned, that is not present on the other side. And you can tell because of the stich work it created a very unique crease in the padding.

Randle was a fairly small sized guy for the position he played - ripped this from Wikipedia - "Randle went undrafted; he tried out for his brother's team, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but was thought to be too small, and was not signed to a contract."

Just saying!

helmets
06-01-2014, 07:52 PM
The shoulder pads that are in the HOF are not PM19's - not even close. They look to me to be PM86's - which are worn by OL and DL. The chest is different, the padding is different, they have two velcro straps on the chest and back - compared to one on the PM19's, and are designed to be worn by defensive linemen - not Quarterbacks and Receivers. Besides that, they are a full two sizes larger than the pads that you bought. Until you have an actual photo match of Randle wearing PM19 shoulder pads, tough to call them John Randle's - just because they were in his old locker.

Just saying...

atomic912s
06-02-2014, 12:22 AM
.......... My point proved........

atomic912s
10-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Tonight I had the opportunity to give John his shoulder pads back.

I went through the autograph line, got my vikes helmet signed, and a locker room name plate of his signed, while wearing his 2014 pig skin pro am game worn jersey - Which he noticed right away and said "Where did you get that!".

I told him I had his game worn pads in my truck and that I would like him to have them. He said "that is cool man, grab the pads". As soon as I walked up to John, he knew right away what they where. I said "do those look familiar John" and he said "yes they do". He wanted to know the story behind them, I told him how I acquired them. I slipped him my name and number on a post it note, in case he wanted more info.

He was very cool and thankful, and I felt good about it!