Who to contact to get MLB Authentication corrected?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xpress34
    • Sep 2008

Who to contact to get MLB Authentication corrected?

Hello all.

I was given a contact name a while back, but cannot find where I put it.

I have three or four items that need TYPO (description) corrections (i.e. wrong player number, but right name, right item).

Anyone know who I need to contact to get these corrected?

Thanks!

- Smitty
  • gorilla777
    • Aug 2009

Re: Who to contact to get MLB Authentication corrected?

Smitty, send me an email, I have a contact person you can use.

Thanks,

Ben (bent_714 at yahoo dot com)

Comment

• xpress34
      • Sep 2008

Thanks Ben!

I will let you know how it goes.

- Smitty

Comment

• Roady
        • Jun 2012

Is it a secret person?

Comment

• xpress34
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Roady
          Is it a secret person?
          Roady -

I don't know if it's secret or not, but I know different people on here have made contacts with different people with MLB Authentications.

I will say that I don't believe it's my place to name any names since I haven't even made contact with the person I was told about yet.

I hope that makes sense.

- Smitty

Comment

• gorilla777
            • Aug 2009

No, it's a secret

Comment

• Roady
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by gorilla777
              No, it's a secret
              Darn, I'm always the last to know.

Comment

• marino13
                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by xpress34

I will say that I don't believe it's my place to name any names since I haven't even made contact with the person I was told about yet.

- Smitty

After years of networking, I end up with two authenticators' personal contacts. They can "correct" almost everything that I sent with proper screenshots.

I have others asked me about the contacts and the best answer that I can give them - "I earned this with their trust by not over-flooding their work email with issued/used mumbo jumbo." If there was obvious error, with the screen-shot proofs that can be verified with links, they will fix it.

Unless I see them at the signings I attended - I will never ask them to update the hologram data to match up with the signing. I did manage to get a couple game used broken bats signed with inscriptions updated.

Comment

• xpress34
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by marino13
                  After years of networking, I end up with two authenticators' personal contacts. They can "correct" almost everything that I sent with proper screenshots.

I have others asked me about the contacts and the best answer that I can give them - "I earned this with their trust by not over-flooding their work email with issued/used mumbo jumbo." If there was obvious error, with the screen-shot proofs that can be verified with links, they will fix it.

Unless I see them at the signings I attended - I will never ask them to update the hologram data to match up with the signing. I did manage to get a couple game used broken bats signed with inscriptions updated.
                  Exactly.

That said, the three main items - that should be easy fixes:

Ryan Wheeler GU Bat - broken on an RBI Single Sept 20, 2013. (MLB Auth says TIM Wheeler who didn't even get called up in 2013)

Nolan Arenado GU Camo Hat. (MLB Auth says #20 - that's Wilin Rosario. Should say #28 - what's tagged in the hat.)

Yankee Stadium seat back. MLB and Steiner Cert. (MLB Auth says seat BOTTOM. Obviously Seat back by design and number on it)

So, I do feel blessed that someone I have dealt with in the past trusted me with their contact who has already set me up with someone who is willing to help and I am not going to damage that trust.

- Smitty

Comment

• yanks12025
                    • Jan 2006

Anyway someone can get a hologram entered into the system for me. I have a Yankee lineup card from 2010 and it's not even in the system. During that game A-rod hit his 590 homerun and 20th grand slam.

Comment

• xpress34
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by yanks12025
                      Anyway someone can get a hologram entered into the system for me. I have a Yankee lineup card from 2010 and it's not even in the system. During that game A-rod hit his 590 homerun and 20th grand slam.
                      Yanks -

What I was told today, is that as long as the Hologram is in the database, and I can show proof (pics, video, box scores, etc) they can be corrected.

I'm not sure what they do if the Holo isn't even in the system. Maybe ask for a pic of the Holo and a pic of the Item?

- Smitty

Comment

• frikativ54
                        • Dec 2007

Getting something changed in the system doesn't necessarily have to be a secret. I got an error corrected by using authentication@website.mlb.com. Why some people act like it takes an inside source to get things fixed is beyond me.
                        Les Zukor
                        bagwellgameused@gmail.com
                        Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
                        (617) 682-0408

Comment

• marino13
                          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by frikativ54
                          Getting something changed in the system doesn't necessarily have to be a secret. I got an error corrected by using authentication@website.mlb.com. Why some people act like it takes an inside source to get things fixed is beyond me.

Because it is very simple - that generic email is ALWAYS flooded with redundant. And they have newbies scanning the inbox and sometimes if you have a good one, he/she will actually do some leg work. If not, you can just sit there and wait for grass to grow.

Comment

• xpress34
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by marino13
                            Because it is very simple - that generic email is ALWAYS flooded with redundant. And they have newbies scanning the inbox and sometimes if you have a good one, he/she will actually do some leg work. If not, you can just sit there and wait for grass to grow.
                            EXACTLY.

I have submitted the Arenado Hat - with pics (photo match) - TWICE and ddin't even get a response if it was even being worked.

The info is still incorrect in the database...

Comment

• Roady
                              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by xpress34
                              Roady -

I don't know if it's secret or not, but I know different people on here have made contacts with different people with MLB Authentications.

I hope that makes sense.

- Smitty
                              It does make sense and thanks.

Comment

Working...