PDA

View Full Version : Boring night looking at pictures turns in pleasant surprise for me.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
03-21-2014, 11:27 PM
As some may know a while back I bought a Rickie Weeks game used retro jersey. After a lot of work I finally got to photo match it to a inside the park home run. While I was very satisfied with that I was very disappointed getty had no pictures from this game. Tonight I decided to try other photo sites and I came across USA TODAY Sports Images. After finally getting to the early July 2011 I was ecstatic to see the following picture:

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg515/TonyPlush/rickieweeks.jpg

As I am celebrating thinking I finally found a picture from the inside the parker it hits me...why on earth is he high fiving the 3rd base couch on an inside the park home run? He hit the inside the parker on 7/8/11 on a Friday. This above photo is from the day prior on 7/7/11 when he hit a 3 run homer.

After some quick photo matching they are the same. My jersey was worn on both days. It came as a big surprise as getty lacks images from either day so I never noticed the fact they wore their retro jerseys two days in a row(they are suppose to wear them the first friday home game of every month).

Rickie Weeks stats for the 2 days:

.500AVG. 5RBI 3R 2HR 1BB

For the record I never found a picture of the inside the park homerun...but I think this makes up for it.(Too bad the is no where to buy 8x10s of the photos from USA Todays website.)

nevrdiez34
03-22-2014, 12:29 AM
Have you searched AP Images? I just did a quick search and I'm not sure if they have photos of the inside the park HR, but they do have multiple photos of each day your jersey was worn. This photo is one of the pics I found on their site.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
03-22-2014, 12:44 AM
Have you searched AP Images? I just did a quick search and I'm not sure if they have photos of the inside the park HR, but they do have multiple photos of each day your jersey was worn. This photo is one of the pics I found on their site.

I actually did check AP afterwards and found a couple. Not the greatest of shots, but something none the less.

Wrigley2010
03-22-2014, 01:54 AM
Always a good feeling being able to photo match a jersey you own! Not to mention it never gets old seeing those Brewers throwbacks. I will add one of those to my collection sooner or later!

BVC
03-22-2014, 11:03 AM
Another suggestion - contact the photographer and see if he has additional images. You can also get prints made this way (sometimes) when the 'editorial photo' folks can't oblige your request.