PDA

View Full Version : Visiting MLB Team Hotel in Cincinnati?

jake33
03-26-2014, 12:02 PM
Hi All,
I am traveling down to Cincinnati for the Reds vs Rays series in April. Just curious if anyone knows which hotel the visiting MLB teams stay at in that city.

jbean023
03-27-2014, 01:44 AM
Hi All,
I am traveling down to Cincinnati for the Reds vs Rays series in April. Just curious if anyone knows which hotel the visiting MLB teams stay at in that city.

When I go on road trips I stay at Westins if there is one and if not stay in a hotel within the Starwood group. I did a 2-3 trips each year for about 9 years, moved last year so didnt take any trips last year, but I think in all but two occasions the team stayed at the hotel I was at. In Minneapolis I was at the Westin and I believe the team was at the W (large group outside with memorabilia) which is a Starwood group. Not sure if each team has the same hotel sponsor, I would look on your team page for a hotel sponsor.

Juan Gris
03-27-2014, 07:19 AM
I once had Reggie Sanders (when he played for the visiting Pirates) ask me if my Dad and I were done playing pool at the bar of a hotel the day before he hit the first home run at Great American Ballpark. A year or so later I tried to shake Barry Bonds' hand or say a kind word to him as he was walking into another hotel we were staying at but he just cursed at me under his breath and had his goons keep me far away. :(

Sorry I can't give specific names but the key to my stories are that teams stay at different hotels but, from what I remember, they were within short walking distance of the stadium. A good way to find out the day of is to walk around downtown asking scalpers or parking attendants where the team is staying. The usual faces downtown are highly knowledgeable when it comes to that stuff.