PDA

View Full Version : Houston Astros Authentics now has a dedicated Space at MMP

BamaHater
03-26-2014, 06:39 PM
According to Mike Acosta in Astros Authentics, they will have a dedicated area in the Home Plate Team on the main concourse. Also will be utilizing MLB auctions more this season.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjlkC4bCIAAwnze.jpg

BamaHater
03-27-2014, 02:15 PM
More pics courtesy of Mike Acosta
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjwCEO_CIAA78uP.jpg

Tribute to Astrodome Display
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjwC2TmIQAAbQOo.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjwEMPNIMAAlS51.jpg

frikativ54
03-28-2014, 10:32 AM
Great development. Now, if only I could get Mike Acosta to follow-up, after I've made preliminary contact with him...

BamaHater
03-28-2014, 12:14 PM
Great development. Now, if only I could get Mike Acosta to follow-up, after I've made preliminary contact with him...
Email contact with him is terribly spotty. He usually never responds back. Lately i've actually called him but the best thing to do is contact him via his Twitter. Last time I did a deal with him I got in touch via email 1st and he never responded and finally he contacted me after I responded to his twitter.

ganggreen
03-30-2014, 04:09 PM
do you know if this store is only open during games or is open during the day as well.

BamaHater
03-31-2014, 04:22 PM
do you know if this store is only open during games or is open during the day as well.
I think the store is only open during the games. The main team store is open during the day as well. The main team store has some higher end pieces in cases behind the registers.

pungent
04-01-2014, 09:53 AM
Are those Bagwell and Biggio jerseys game used or authentics?

War Helmets
04-01-2014, 10:02 AM
Email contact with him is terribly spotty. He usually never responds back. Lately i've actually called him but the best thing to do is contact him via his Twitter. Last time I did a deal with him I got in touch via email 1st and he never responded and finally he contacted me after I responded to his twitter.

ROLL TIDE & GO ASTROS bama hater:D

ocab87
04-01-2014, 01:53 PM
FYI the team store is open on game days before the gates open. Also, as previously mentioned Authentics is located in the same store location. I'm at the store now so if you have any questions or request let me know ASAP via email!

BamaHater
04-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Was at the game tonight and nothing really earth shattering as far as game used goes. The Bagwell in the pic is a mid 2000's BP. I could not tell usage but the cost was in the mid $1,000 range. They had last years jerseys for $175 and some scub throwbacks from 2012 for $250 plus range. There were 1-2 1990 jerseys and some 91-93 but they wanted $300 plus. Overall nothing really new.

BamaHater
04-01-2014, 10:04 PM
Btwt this hey are going to auction off the opening day jerseys on mlb auctions Astros Authentics is making a bigger presence on there this season

frikativ54
04-02-2014, 06:36 AM
Btwt this hey are going to auction off the opening day jerseys on mlb auctions Astros Authentics is making a bigger presence on there this season

While it's great that I'm going to have more opportunities on MLB.com Auctions, I hate to see Houston auctioning off jerseys just to meet demand.

Is it typical practice for the 'Stros to authenticate Opening Day jerseys?

BamaHater
04-02-2014, 09:30 AM
While it's great that I'm going to have more opportunities on MLB.com Auctions, I hate to see Houston auctioning off jerseys just to meet demand.

Is it typical practice for the 'Stros to authenticate Opening Day jerseys?

Past few seasons they have sold the opening day jerseys. They are not just auctioning jerseys to meet demand, they are taking some of the stuff they would have sold in the Authentics booth and putting it up on auction.

costas
04-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Those who have been there recently, are there any items left from Pettitte's last start from last season? Thanks.

frikativ54
04-02-2014, 01:07 PM
Past few seasons they have sold the opening day jerseys. They are not just auctioning jerseys to meet demand, they are taking some of the stuff they would have sold in the Authentics booth and putting it up on auction.

Thanks for the clarification. I guess it's good news that I'll have at least some firsthand chance at Houston gamers.

BamaHater
04-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I guess it's good news that I'll have at least some firsthand chance at Houston gamers.
I think you will see more game used stuff this season on MLB auctions. He has the resources now to use the MLB auction route where in the past he just did not have the time nor man power to do it. The setup at Authentics this year is really nice.

BamaHater
04-02-2014, 01:16 PM
frikativ54 sending you an email.

jwal23
04-11-2014, 05:58 AM

...apparantely or they aren't collecting much at all...my wife and I went to the game this past monday against the angels...we went down to the authentics part of the store in the 9th inning and they still had not gotten anything in...shortly there after Mark appeared and there was a list of 4 balls that were available from the game...1 trout foul ball for $125 nothing exciting...hopefully start to see something available soon on auctions and better items available for ppl who actually show up to the games...

jwal23
04-11-2014, 06:00 AM
sorry my bad...MIKE* lol...still early in the morning

BamaHater
04-16-2014, 11:16 PM
Astros posted some items on their auction page of MLB auctions. Few Jeter items, game used bases and a few Opening Day Jerseys with $500 opening bid and a reserve.