PDA

View Full Version : Griffey Jr Reds Vest on Mears Auction

CPuente57
03-27-2014, 10:09 PM
Thoughts on this?

http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=75794&searchby=0&searchvalue=None&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=31&seo=2001-Ken-Griffey-Jr.-Cincinnati-Reds-Game-Worn-Road-Vest-%28MEARS-A10%29

Phil316
03-27-2014, 10:24 PM
At first glance should it not have a 2" extra length tag?

sox83cubs84
03-29-2014, 10:24 PM
I've seen the m both ways with both Reds and Mariners jerseys, and personally don't have a problem with that. My only question is, with no mentioned team or player provenance, how did it get an A10 grade?
Still a nice jersey, to me.

Dave Miedema

KGoldin
03-29-2014, 10:52 PM
I've seen the m both ways with both Reds and Mariners jerseys, and personally don't have a problem with that. My only question is, with no mentioned team or player provenance, how did it get an A10 grade?

Dave Miedema

While for some reason it is not listed on their website, I have seen this on actual LOAs.
something to the effect of
"Mears may add at its discretion 5 points for provenance in the existence of 'Property of' or 'exclusive property of xxx team' tags.
Which this jersey has, and I am sure is how it got the '10'
as I said, it is not on their website, and I do not have a similar LOA in front of me, but I would assume that's how it got the extra 5 points.

Chess2899
03-30-2014, 07:00 PM

Dave Miedema

It went for a very reasonable price. I hate these 3 am auction endings. I need my beauty sleep.