Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rjdgonebats
    • Sep 2005

Billy Cox H4 Bats

Could you tell me what the order records show for Billy Cox H4 bats 1950-60 but since he he retired in 1955. Up to then. I believe he had a signature model Bill Cox.Any help would be deeply appreciated.Any idea how rare they are ???
  • MSpecht
    • Oct 2005

Re: Billy Cox H4 Bats

Sorry, but we do not have Billy Cox' personal H & B records to specifically pinpoint his use of that model nbetween 1950 and 1955. It is known that Model H4 was originally manufactured to the specifications of Chick Hafey on 4/25/1928. "His (Hafey's) 4-25-28" was assigned Model Number H4 sometime around 4/4/1942.

I do not know when Cox signed his first contract with H & B, however a review of the Dodger N.L. Championship bats and World Champs bats could narrow the period. At a quick glance I noted that his name is in script on the 1953 N.L. Champs bat, indicating that his contract was already in place (he was already a 13 year veteran by then.)

Finally, additional models seen with Cox signature include C165, F3, F4, G69L, and H117L in addition to H4.

Good Luck in future collecting.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

Comment

• rjdgonebats
      • Sep 2005

Mike,Thanks as always for all your help. One last question does the facsimile signature on the 1953 Champions bat read Bill Cox or Billy Cox,just curious,Thanks again???

Comment

• MSpecht
        • Oct 2005

This was just a quick look at Ebay -- not a sophisticated search through Getty, past catalogs, or my own collection (unfortunately.) Anyway, here is the link -- the third photo shown a script " Bill Cox ."

Earlier Dodger black bats can probably be found in past auction house results fairly easily.

Good Luck.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

Comment

• rjdgonebats
          • Sep 2005

Mike,thanks as always you are most helpful and all of us bat collectors owe you a debt of gratitude.Ray

Comment

Working...