PDA

View Full Version : Full season vs. Postseason?

emann
04-05-2014, 08:37 AM
Curious which way the group would go... I had to make a decision between a couple of helmets (offered one, my pick) from the same player: one was heavily used during the full season and the other only light use but all during the Postseason (switched his helmet about a week before).

The first one has a ton of photomatches, the second one has only a handful, but a few are really good (including WS)...

Which would you pick?

frikativ54
04-05-2014, 09:03 AM
I would take the Postseason one, since that designation includes the World Series. The WS is possibly a one-in-a-lifetime thing - at least it is for me as an Astros' fan - to which the regular season just cannot compare. In the current market, regular season helmets are a dime a dozen. Not so, if we are talking about the World Series.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. :)

jrfarm4
04-05-2014, 09:25 AM
Did this player have a better regular season or postseason? And did his team win or lose the WS? If this is a player from my favorite team, and that team lost that WS, I'm not sure I'd want to see a constant reminder of it in my house. On the flip side, if they won the WS, I'd want to see the WS gear everyday.

Also, if it's a lesser known player, and his team won the WS...I'd say the value is in the WS helmet.

mad87man
04-05-2014, 10:31 AM
like someone else said regular season helmets in any sport are plentiful. I would go post season especially if there is a special decal or something on it. In 5 years if you still have it will you look at it like wow he wore that in the world series, super bowl, etc. or ehh he did something ok in whatever game wearing that helmet? I would go with first.

xsentrixsupra
04-05-2014, 10:48 AM
Did this player have a better regular season or postseason? And did his team win or lose the WS? If this is a player from my favorite team, and that team lost that WS, I'm not sure I'd want to see a constant reminder of it in my house. On the flip side, if they won the WS, I'd want to see the WS gear everyday.

Also, if it's a lesser known player, and his team won the WS...I'd say the value is in the WS helmet.

Feel the same way. I avoid games my team lost in the post season like the plague.

frikativ54
04-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Feel the same way. I avoid games my team lost in the post season like the plague.

You see, I am a fan of the Mariners and Astros, with a total of one WS appearance between them. Just to go to the postseason or World Series would be quite a feat. Therefore, it doesn't bother me to have WS items around from the Astros' 2005 season. My attitude is "At least they got that far!"

xsentrixsupra
04-05-2014, 12:09 PM
You see, I am a fan of the Mariners and Astros, with a total of one WS appearance between them. Just to go to the postseason or World Series would be quite a feat. Therefore, it doesn't bother me to have WS items around from the Astros' 2005 season. My attitude is "At least they got that far!"

Completely understandable. A friend of mine is a big Indiana Pacers fan and has some stuff from the Finals they got beat by the Lakers and I always make fun of him......then after he makes some snide remarks about my Lakers, he'll say that hes just happy to be there since its a small market team.

emann
04-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the feedback! It went pretty much the way I assumed it would (and the way I went): I went with the postseason one...